2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

2 hours ago, AuburnKev said:

Now he is wearing Georgia and LSU wrist bands. Are we gonna get disappointed again on National signing day with yet another defector?

Unlikely. He has been "playing the game" publicly since the minute he committed. Mostly just George being George.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It honestly sounds like a daily battle keeping Auburn inserted into this guy's memory 

It's not. He's mostly trolling us fans & I'm sure he gets a kick out of reading posts like this.

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

George was utterly unstoppable at last night's Underarmour All American game and made some dicey throws look good.

It was a practice FWIW. The game is Thursday @ 5 PM CT.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Unlikely. He has been "playing the game" publicly since the minute he committed. Mostly just George being George.

I actually think making a little noise the way he's been doing it helps him as far as trying to get a push up to 5 star he was wanting

30 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I actually think making a little noise the way he's been doing it helps him as far as trying to get a push up to 5 star he was wanting

Same with Bo if he keeps looking like the best QB in the class 

7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:
38 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Same with Bo if he keeps looking like the best QB in the class 

Not sure y'all are talking about the same thing. I could be wrong but I read Cole's post as Cole feeling "making a little noise" as in George "playing the recruiting game" with the different gloves & what not as well as he has been in interviews helping his push to be a 5*. If he meant "making a little noise" as in George's play on the field like you said on Bo Clay then I completely whiffed. Lol.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Not sure y'all are talking about the same thing. I could be wrong but I read Cole's post as Cole feeling "making a little noise" as in George "playing the recruiting game" with the different gloves & what not as well as he has been in interviews helping his push to be a 5*. If he meant "making a little noise" as in George's play on the field like you said on Bo Clay then I completely whiffed. Lol.

I thought he was talking about UA Practices 😂 both of them as well as Derick Hall have looked good. 

52 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah I meant what you said, I think that would put attention on him but of course he would still have to play well when everybody is looking

I don't know if you wanting me to post this or not. If not just tell me but a guy on my Facebook said his dad and George's dad are cool and George's dad said he thinks he's committing somewhere else. 

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't know if you wanting me to post this or not. If not just tell me but a guy on my Facebook said his dad and George's dad are cool and George's dad said he thinks he's committing somewhere else. 

It’s fair to post.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Maybe that was before Gus rained fire down in Nashville a couple days ago.

Oh hell, please, we need this guy.  Please message the guy on Facebook and tell him to tell his dad to tell George's dad to tell George to stick with AU!

31 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Maybe that was before Gus rained fire down in Nashville a couple days ago.

Oh hell, please, we need this guy.  Please message the guy on Facebook and tell him to tell his dad to tell George's dad to tell George to stick with AU!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Sorry, couldn’t resist. :)

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

that's very mean and upsetting then smh

not an auburn MAN move there 

Just means he will be a elite WR. A lot of the elite ones are Divas. I just want him to be OUR elite diva wr. Stay with AU George. lol War Damn. Plus I love the edge with what he plays with. We need more of that on our team.

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just means he will be a elite WR. A lot of the elite ones are Divas. I just want him to be OUR elite diva wr. Stay with AU George. lol War Damn. Plus I love the edge with what he plays with. We need more of that on our team.

But he's so mean...............................................................

On 12/29/2018 at 3:00 PM, ellitor said:

It's a percent sign & is Keith's input.

10-4.  I just wanted to verify that you hadn't changed your long standing policy of not doing percentages.

A couple of rivals analysts both said they think Pickens sticks with Auburn barring a major change like taking an official visit to Ohio state. It’s a free article I saw on twitter but I’m on mobile and can’t link.

Per al.com...

Hoover big-play receiver George Pickens has maintained the same recruiting stance for nearly a year: He’s committed to Auburn but listening to other schools.

Nothing has changed, and Pickens plans to take his final three official visits in January to make sure he chooses wisely before signing Feb. 6, the traditional National Signing Day.

"Auburn is home-state feel," Pickens said at the Under Armour All-American Game in Orlando, Florida. "It's like me at home, but I already know what to expect. Auburn is a good school, but I want to see everything. If other schools present the same feeling as the other schools I've been to, it's probably going to be Auburn."

So, what other schools are making a push for Pickens, a 6-foot-3 1/2, 200-pounder, consensus 4-star prospect and No. 36 national prospect by the 247Sports Composite rankings who is also rated is a 5-star player by Rivals?

Pickens said Alabama has essentially stopped contacting him, so the Crimson Tide appears out of contention, and he added Florida State is also no longer a major option.

Why 4-star WR Jashawn Sheffield stuck with Auburn

Pickens burned two of his official visits before the holidays with trips to Auburn and LSU. He said he hasn’t scheduled any of his January official visits, but Georgia, Florida, Miami, Tennessee and Ohio State remain possibilities.

Miami and Ohio State are late arrivals in Pickens' recruitment.

Pickens said he wants his family to be comfortable with his final decision, but stressed a school’s quarterback situation will be a major factor. “The quarterback is what I have to have to even consider the school,” Pickens said.

That's good news for Auburn.

Pickens has developed a close relationship with Auburn quarterback signee and early enrollee Bo Nix, playing alongside him on a summer 7on7 team and travelling with him to postseason all-star games.

"I feel like George is going to come to Auburn because him and Bo have a very good connection," Auburn receiver signee Jashawn Sheffield said. "They're always talking, always hanging out."

Incoming freshman Sam Howell's flip from Florida State to North Carolina on Early Signing Day is the major he's no longer considering Florida State, he said, and Justin Fields' impending transfer from Georgia hurts the Bulldogs' chances.

Auburn signed 16 players, including receivers Ja’Varrius Johnson of Hewitt-Trussville and Sheffield, during college football’s December signing period. He is the Tigers' top-ranked signee or commit in the Class of 2019 and was the first 2019 prospect to commit to Auburn way back in July 2017.

Pickens said Auburn’s offense impressed him during last week’s 63-14 victory over Purdue in the Music City Bowl, when the Tigers' set a bevy of offensive records in Gus Malzahn’s return as primary play-caller.

"It kind of reminded me when he had Cam when they were dropping 50, 60," Pickens said. "It was kind of crazy for me to look at the game and think about old times. I was thinking, if he's going to be calling plays … that just lets me know he's going to be airing the ball out."

41 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I was thinking, if he's going to be calling plays … that just lets me know he's going to be airing the ball out."

confused-gif-tumblr-2.gif

Listen to what he said are reasons that other schools weren't in contention.....these are reasons many say aren't viable reasons when people suggest.....but they are...

Also I've yet to see one prospect EVER mention a team fan board.....this is a reason people try to post because they don't want to hear an opinion different than their own.

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Listen to what he said are reasons that other schools weren't in contention.....these are reasons many say aren't viable reasons when people suggest.....but they are...

Also I've yet to see one prospect EVER mention a team fan board.....this is a reason people try to post because they don't want to hear an opinion different than their own.

Like what exactly? Bama stopped recruiting him and is full at WR. Same with FSU. UGA? Don't believe they were ever a huge threat here. Bo Nix? People never said that Bo signing at AU wasn't a factor. Just isn't the one deciding factor. His grades are bad also. 

Archived