2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Keith just posted a VIP article but the first sentence says it was confirmed Pickens was in Auburn this season weekend..... 

FIFY

Just now, auburn4ever said:

What time will George sign? Early or late?

Whenever is good for you buttercup. What time works?

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

What time will George sign? Early or late?

10 AM. Info is in the OP of the pinned NSD thread.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

saw this one coming a mile away...

anywhere but auburn kid...

he lied to coaches and recruits.  the main goal was to hurt auburn.

niblett was in on it.

Hope Javarrius or Jashawn win the Heisman. Really crappy for a recruit to stay committed for a school that long and flip a minute before signing. Really crappy. He loved all the attention being on him. 

4 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Hope Javarrius or Jashawn win the Heisman. Really crappy for a recruit to stay committed for a school that long and flip a minute before signing. Really crappy. He loved all the attention being on him. 

He was likely planning on committing elsewhere long before today.

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Not really surprised.  The word out of Hoover is that he will still struggle to qualify.  I hope the best for him.  War Eagle George!!

Can't say I agree with the kind sentiment.   Him accepting the Auburn offer and never decommitting to reopen his recruitment is very punk like.   Yes, we knew he was playing the field, but to come to Auburn last weekend (?) and flip?  

I am not going to believe he thought he was signing with Auburn this weekend and then flip on Wed morning.  

Very punk-like...

I would have respect for him if he had been upfront and decommitted at some point.  

my meltdown:   George Pickens acting like a punk and not showing Auburn any respect considering we were his first D1 offer.  

and of course OL recruiting

Im literally the last person to chastize a recruit for antics, even when they flip, but this sucks for a myriad of reasons

We actually had to sit here and defend his ridiculousness on the trails for months because it was largely assumed he'd be here smh. Im not gonna drop the "go** riddan**", but this guy just upset the hell out of me

This just hasnt felt right for a long time so I’m not even remotely shocked. I know sometimes a “no news is good news” situation works out but this seemed like a flip situation. I’m honestly not even mad because I guess I was kinda expecting it. 

Not surprised at all. I've come to expect the worst being an AU fan. Makes me feel stupid believing someone like him would come here though. I had my worries about him being here anyways. Those are gone.

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

This just hasnt felt right for a long time so I’m not even remotely shocked. I know sometimes a “no news is good news” situation works out but this seemed like a flip situation. I’m honestly not even mad because I guess I was kinda expecting it. 

Agreed. This kid was a walking ball of warning signs. We either ignored them or just didn't speak about them because common sense and decency dictate that you don't speak ill of commitments. 

Archived