2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, lutzcammed said:

the Silver lining: 

We have more unsuccessful 5 star offensive recruits than not. He would have probably under performed.

He isn't gonna qualify

He has a lot of Duke like traits

He still isn't gonna qualify

His ego would have been a problem 

in the grand scheme of Gus, is it really gonna matter

That's ridiculous. Don't get 5 stars because they probably under perform

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

He was likely planning on committing elsewhere long before today.

i dont care if he's 17 or 18, he knows how he handled this was wrong. i agree with you, he probably knew all along he wasn't going to sign. but why even post things on social media that hinted otherwise...? like sunday evening he posted something of him in jordan hare stadium. why?

16 minutes ago, fredst said:

Great movie. Peter Sellers a genius in this....

GENIUS

Being There is another favorite. 

But yeah, Slim Pickens riding a rocket to the apocalypse... too perfect this morning. 

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's ridiculous. Don't get 5 stars because they probably under perform

did I say anywhere in that dont get 5 stars because they probably under  perform ?

No..

I said he would have probably  under performed. 

why

Because our coaches suck....  as much as you seem to know about basketball I would have thought you could have figured that out without trying to put words in my mouth on something I didnt say.

33 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Do tell....I need some good news right now. Felt this one coming, but this kid is trash. I'm sorry. I've thought for quite a while Kirby was pulling shady ass s***. I dispise everything about that Dr. Pepper guy looking ******

Image result for ice cold dr pepper gif

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

GENIUS

Being There is another favorite. 

But yeah, Slim Pickens riding a rocket to the apocalypse... too perfect this morning. 

Chauncey Gardner likes this post....

9 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

did I say anywhere in that dont get 5 stars because they probably under  perform ?

No..

I said he would have probably  under performed. 

why

Because our coaches suck....  as much as you seem to know about basketball I would have thought you could have figured that out without trying to put words in my mouth on something I didnt say.

Then you shouldn't have brought up 5 stars if you not saying that. I'm not putting words in your mouth that's what YOU said. If you are saying the coaches suck and can't develop talent then there was no need to bring up stars. Just like bringing up I know basketball doesn't really make any sense. 

Just now, cole256 said:

Then you shouldn't have brought up 5 stars if you not saying that. I'm not putting words in your mouth that's what YOU said. If you are saying the coaches suck and can't develop talent then there was no need to bring up stars. Just like bringing up I know basketball doesn't really make any sense. 

ok

Wait, so let me get this straight. 5 star players never underperform? It's the coaches that don't develop them, is that it? Has nothing to do with the players, is that what you are saying? Or is it just the 5 stars that Gus recruited? Just trying to understand why you are jumping down Lutz's throat for the joke he made? A joke by-the-way that I and probably others understood.

Well that's a bummer . More so that this was just a spit to the face and wanted to be the "big flip of the day."

On the bright side , we are in good hands as far as talent at that position. I know Pickens is a one of those "freak athletes" but he is not going to make or break us. 

we will be fine. We have a nice stable or receivers and would love nothing more than for 2019 for Smoke or one of our stud DBs to do a pick 6 on old George and win the game in fine fashion!

Every couple of years we have a big signing day flip away from us.  Usually to the other side of the state.  A few of those flips were academic questions when being recruited but they had no issues qualifying or staying eligible.   Kirby learned well from lil nicki.  And, never trust the bammer, Niblett.  

I wanted him but with the current receivers we have and with Johnson coming in, it is not a huge loss. Same with Cox going to Ole Miss. Moore was a more important pickup. We also got the other RB everybody wanted  so not a bad day so far just not a great day. Now lets see what rest of day brings before we melt down.

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

He said he called Malzahn and told him he wouldn't sign

Right before going to the podium after being committed for over 500 days… Punk ass move!

46 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I wanted him but with the current receivers we have and with Johnson coming in, it is not a huge loss

It is a huge loss. We don’t have any wide receivers on the roster right now with experience to play the X receiver position which is where Slayton played. Pickens would have been our X receiver. You can’t just plug and play wide receivers anywhere.  The X receiver is typically a big physical type of guy. We don’t have anybody on roster right now proven they can do that role. Seth Williams has the most potential but he’s been almost strictly an inside receiver since he got here.

Also this is the meltdown thread not the sunshine thread.

“After his final official visit to Tennessee, Pickens swung by Auburn's campus for an unofficial visit prior to the dead period beginning earlier this week. That led many to believe that the Tigers had locked up his commitment. But it turns out, it involved him providing Auburn with bad news, as Pickens revealed that while his choice was locked in three days ago, he did not tell Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn until moments before his announcement.”

In an article on their 247 site from Kipp Adams, their fans must’ve taken this the wrong way. They are applauding him for his character. Guess the wording has them confused and they think he told Gus over his weekend visit.

It takes a special kind of jackass to pull what Pickens just did.  I don't much care for it when a recruit is "committed" but doesn't sign on the early signing day. But if you go ahead and sign, well, your ego is a little too large, but you honored your commitment.  But this kid has known for weeks or months that he was going elsewhere. Just decommit and be done with it.  But hanging on to a spot until the last second, then announcing early in the morning to do maximum damage? Well, you just have to have no class or character whatsoever to do that. Karma is a bitch. I can take some solace in the fact that 9 times out of 10, the kid involved in this kind of crap winds up being a failure.

I'll admit he is a special talent on the field. But it's still addition by subtraction.  You are just better off without players this toxic, no matter how talented.

1 hour ago, AuJoe said:

Wait, so let me get this straight. 5 star players never underperform? It's the coaches that don't develop them, is that it? Has nothing to do with the players, is that what you are saying? Or is it just the 5 stars that Gus recruited? Just trying to understand why you are jumping down Lutz's throat for the joke he made? A joke by-the-way that I and probably others understood.

You talking to me? And he wasn't joking at all with what he said, he said silver lining is he was a 5 star, we have a history of 5 stars not performing he probably would've underperformed. He said the coaches suck. I agree with him that the wr's here don't seem to ever become well rounded. There's no where in any of my posts you could try to twist or even be confused to guessing I said 5 star doesn't under perform. And I didn't jump down anybody throat I said the thought of saying he's a 5 star so he probably won't be good is ridiculous to me. Just like your post....you make it like I called him an idiot or something.

Edit: I misread your name I thought you were somebody else.....I wouldn't had replied to you. My mistake

Archived