2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

14 hours ago, L I G E R said:

Sorry, but I’m in professional sales for a living and I understand how to read verbal and nonverbal cues, and not be blindsided on big deals.

Doubtful. You can’t even get see how wrong you are right now despite multiple posters clearly pointing it out.

If Pickens is willing to come to Auburn after a visit to another school on the Sunday before NSD, I don’t see how you can expect coaches to part ways with him at all. 

Saban and every other coach in America deals with this. Khris Bogle committed to Bama on January 5th and flipped on NSD. Should Saban and his ten million dollar contract have known better? 😂

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

My goodness.  Who cares. The kid picked another school. Get over it people. Right, wrong, indifferent. Its over. Go back to complaining about what we have. 

Last couple pages have.been your typical Gus bashing thread. What more can you want? 

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:05 PM, L I G E R said:

Yeah, guys.  Let’s all absolve the middle-aged man being paid $7MM/yr to recruit HS players and put all the fault of how things went down on an 18-yr old kid about to make the biggest decision of his life.  Especially when he made the right one.

I love our fanbase.

After reading through all of this I'm not sure who your fan base is. There are plenty things you can blame Gus about but this is not one of them. GP told Auburn he was coming, he told his friends he was coming and he told the Auburn recruits he was coming as late as Sunday. Kirby went after his Dad and got him to pull this off. They all knew if Auburn found out what was going on it would be stopped. You can bash Gus all you want to but I can tell you that you don't know what you are talking about if you blame him for this. GP lied to everyone even his friends. He will have to live with that. The only reason Auburn needed to worry about GP at all was because he was playing games his whole process. Most of that time it was just to get attention but it now seems Dad was pulling the strings on a lot of this. When I tell you everyone was surprised, bank on it. There is more than one reason GP had his signing off campus. When he said Ga. was always #2 that was a lie. It was Auburn and LSU from the start. You can argue all you want about whether the decision was good or not, that's fair. But the way he and his family did this was classless. If you don't want to blame an 18 year old then blame his parents someone should have stepped up and said this wasn't the right way to do it. But again they were afraid someone might find out what was promised and put a stop to it. If you want to know what happened here keep an eye on Dad. You might just get to find out if GP doesn't make his grades.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:09 PM, bg5 said:

After reading through all of this I'm not sure who your fan base is. There are plenty things you can blame Gus about but this is not one of them. GP told Auburn he was coming, he told his friends he was coming and he told the Auburn recruits he was coming as late as Sunday. Kirby went after his Dad and got him to pull this off. They all knew if Auburn found out what was going on it would be stopped. You can bash Gus all you want to but I can tell you that you don't know what you are talking about if you blame him for this. GP lied to everyone even his friends. He will have to live with that. The only reason Auburn needed to worry about GP at all was because he was playing games his whole process. Most of that time it was just to get attention but it now seems Dad was pulling the strings on a lot of this. When I tell you everyone was surprised, bank on it. There is more than one reason GP had his signing off campus. When he said Ga. was always #2 that was a lie. It was Auburn and LSU from the start. You can argue all you want about whether the decision was good or not, that's fair. But the way he and his family did this was classless. If you don't want to blame an 18 year old then blame his parents someone should have stepped up and said this wasn't the right way to do it. But again they were afraid someone might find out what was promised and put a stop to it. If you want to know what happened here keep an eye on Dad. You might just get to find out if GP doesn't make his grades.

Again, y’all had to know there was a decent chance this might happen. I mean damn he was taking visits the weekend before signing day. And the rumors surrounding UGA, and Tennessee, had been hit and heavy for a month. I understand that he was committed for almost 2 years, but everyone (beside y’all I guess) saw the writing on the wall. While most predicted him to stick after he cut his Tennessee visit short and showed up to play video games at auburn. It shouldn’t have been a complete shock. I will admit I thought he was going to go with Tennessee, or y’all. We (UGA) were the hot pick a few weeks before signing day, but I thought that shipped had sailed. Glad I was wrong. But y’all aren’t hurting for WR’s though. And I think all of the guys we had leave played a big part in his final decision. Jmo.

5 minutes ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

Again, y’all had to know there was a decent chance this might happen. I mean damn he was taking visits the weekend before signing day. And the rumors surrounding UGA, and Tennessee, had been hit and heavy for a month. I understand that he was committed for almost 2 years, but everyone (beside y’all I guess) saw the writing on the wall. While most predicted him to stick after he cut his Tennessee visit short and showed up to play video games at auburn. It shouldn’t have been a complete shock. I will admit I thought he was going to go with Tennessee, or y’all. We (UGA) were the hot pick a few weeks before signing day, but I thought that shipped had sailed. Glad I was wrong. But y’all aren’t hurting for WR’s though. And I think all of the guys we had leave played a big part in his final decision. Jmo.

So?   what should we have done?   and why do you even care?   

16 hours ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

This is a simple case of a Dad that was shopping and a school that was willing. Spin it how you want to make it sound better but that's the way it is.

12 hours ago, bg5 said:

This is a simple case of a Dad that was shopping and a school that was willing. Spin it how you want to make it sound better but that's the way it is.

Lol, auburn crying about anyone shopping for a school and anyone being “willing” to pay is hillarious. Spin that anyway you like, but that is called karma (if it did go down that way, which I don’t believe it did. But again if it did, y’all have no room to be throwing stones). If you had any idea how funny it is to hear Auburn complaining about such things you would just take your medicine and move on.

On 2/19/2019 at 5:37 PM, AU64 said:

So?   what should we have done?   and why do you even care?   

Not much that you could have done. Such things will happen when dealing with 18 year old kids. It happens to every school, just about every year. 

And honestly I don’t care. Just find the hypocrisy funny.

3 hours ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

If you had any idea how funny it is to hear Auburn complaining about such things you would just take your medicine and move on.

The only thing funny is you DullDawgs that keep telling yourselves that a thorough NCAA investigation that gave Auburn a clean bill of health didn't happen. It's called floating down the River De-nial.

12 hours ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

Lol, auburn crying about anyone shopping for a school and anyone being “willing” to pay is hillarious. Spin that anyway you like, but that is called karma (if it did go down that way, which I don’t believe it did. But again if it did, y’all have no room to be throwing stones). If you had any idea how funny it is to hear Auburn complaining about such things you would just take your medicine and move on.

Boy, you're really doing a lot to dispel the terrible image of uga fans. Bless your heart. 

By the way, nobody's crying that we got outbid for the kid. You win some, you lose some. That's something that Auburn fans are comfortable with, as opposed to your pathetic, shamelessly whiny fanbase. (Does it still hurt where Nick Fairley touched you?) What we are disappointed with is how Pickens went about his business. 

Hope you come back to share your feelings when he leaves your program. 

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Boy, you're really doing a lot to dispel the terrible image of uga fans. Bless your heart. 

By the way, nobody's crying that we got outbid for the kid. You win some, you lose some. That's something that Auburn fans are comfortable with, as opposed to your pathetic, shamelessly whiny fanbase. (Does it still hurt where Nick Fairley touched you?) What we are disappointed with is how Pickens went about his business. 

Hope you come back to share your feelings when he leaves your program. 

Best example of UGA's fanbase was their basketball game last night.  Some of their fans costed UGA the game because they threw a stuffed animal on the court with 0.5 seconds on the clock with the game tied, getting a technical foul on Georgia.  The free throw was made and game over.  I can't make this up.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Best example of UGA's fanbase was their basketball game last night.  Some of their fans costed UGA the game because they threw a stuffed animal on the court with 0.5 seconds on the clock with the game tied, getting a technical foul on Georgia.  The free throw was made and game over.  I can't make this up.

And I have no doubt they blamed the refs. 

Christ, they are the most insufferable fans in the world. It really is the whining. The lack of dignity is really something, and it's also very ironic given their constant self-righteous indignation. So glad to have traded those douchebags in for Clemson, USC and Ohio State fans. That's how pathetic they are.

And they still haven't won anything in almost 40 years. Ouch. 

On 2/18/2019 at 2:09 PM, bg5 said:

After reading through all of this I'm not sure who your fan base is. 

Keep in mind you are addressing someone who has no issue making fun of kids with special needs, that is how low he is.  Don't believe me, look on this thread a page or two back and see where the mods had to edit his post.

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Keep in mind you are addressing someone who has no issue making fun of kids with special needs, that is how low he is.  Don't believe me, look on this thread a page or two back and see where the mods had to edit his post.

Ah. A true leghumping facebarker. Or maybe just a troll. Doesn't make much of a difference, I don't reckon. 

13 hours ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

Not crying at all. I have no idea what Auburn does or doesn't do. What I do know is that the puppies got to Dad.  Saying others do it still doesn't make it right. If GP doesn't make his grades (which is 50/50 or worse right now) we will pass the Meds right on over to you. Now go back over to your own yard and role around in some poop like a good dawg.

1 minute ago, bg5 said:

Not crying at all. I have no idea what Auburn does or doesn't do. What I do know is that the puppies got to Dad.  Saying others do it still doesn't make it right. If GP doesn't make his grades (which is 50/50 or worse right now) we will pass the Meds right on over to you. Now go back over to your own yard and role around in some poop like a good dawg.

I'm telling you, man. They honestly believe that the cops are just more strict in Athens and that BowlCut just tries harder. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm telling you, man. They honestly believe that the cops are just more strict in Athens and that BowlCut just tries harder. 

He did learn all the tricks from the best. It's going to be just like Bear. The NCAA is covering for them now but when the King is gone the Empire and all the Mini-Empires will fall.

Lol, auburn tears are the best. Sorry but the dirtiest program in the sec gets no sympathy when they cry foul whether it’s true or not. And no one “got to Pickens dad” or anyone else in the family. I am pretty sure he has said why he chose UGA. I know that had to sting, so I understand why this would be the go to reasoning for a response to it.

Love when people use the term karma without any real evidence to base why the opposing party would be suffering through karma 

UGA has done nothing but do Auburn dirty on the recruiting trail and on the field; if karma existed, they'd never get another recruit over us and guys like DeAndre Baker in 2017 would've left the SEC CG concussed. 

7 hours ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

Lol, auburn tears are the best. Sorry but the dirtiest program in the sec gets no sympathy when they cry foul whether it’s true or not. And no one “got to Pickens dad” or anyone else in the family. I am pretty sure he has said why he chose UGA. I know that had to sting, so I understand why this would be the go to reasoning for a response to it.

You do realize the whole country calls your program thUGA right?  That is laughable that you are trying to imply Auburn has the dirtiest program.  Half of your players get arrested every year.  You do know Georgia is third in the country with the most arrests on their football team over the last 5 years correct?  You have twice as many as Auburn does over that same period.  Not only that, but your fan-base is so out of touch with reality that your own fan-base costed your basketball team a basketball game.  Think about what I just said.  You and your fellow fans, costed your team a game because you have zero self-control and self-awareness.  It was on the front-page on every news outlet yesterday with the whole country laughing at you.

On 2/19/2019 at 4:30 PM, Christopher Bozeman said:

That's all fine and dandy and stuff. The kid told the AU staff 72 hours prior to signing day he was all in. Kid is a talent for sure but lacks everything else. Should fit in great with what Kirby has going on in Athens. From hearing thru the grapevine, Kirby is having his own problems with his players and the uga faculty.  Things are going to get interesting. uga actually takes academics seriously, lol, and isn't the football factory ole Kirby want's it to be. Can't be uat JR. 

Don't think Pickens gets into uga.  

Hey, I'm new to posting on this site but can someone explain to me why it says 'AU Fan' under this 'Christopher Bozeman' dude's name? He's def not anything AU. He's a fan of which team? Oh, that definitely explains it. I thought I smelled dawg crap.

15 minutes ago, AuJoe said:

Hey, I'm new to posting on this site but can someone explain to me why it says 'AU Fan' under this 'Christopher Bozeman' dude's name? He's def not anything AU. He's a fan of which team? Oh, that definitely explains it. I thought I smelled dawg crap.

It just says that for everyone when they join.  I think you can change it after a certain amount of posts (50?).

Archived