2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It just says that for everyone when they join.  I think you can change it after a certain amount of posts (50?).

Sorry, I had a :drippingsarcasm7pa: emoji in my post but when I edited my post I must've cut it off. I had assumed something like that since it said the same thing for me. Thanks for the info tho.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

Lol, auburn tears are the best. Sorry but the dirtiest program in the sec gets no sympathy when they cry foul whether it’s true or not. And no one “got to Pickens dad” or anyone else in the family. I am pretty sure he has said why he chose UGA. I know that had to sting, so I understand why this would be the go to reasoning for a response to it.

If you know so much about him and why he does things explain why he and his family (Dad) were so scared to tell the Auburn Coach's, Fellow Recruits, his High School Friends and Coach's at his school that he was flipping until right before he sat down. Do you know for a fact no one got to Dad or are you just hoping? You might want to think that but you know you don't know it. Again I understand why he would choose the Mutts but please don't come over here and try to say that it was all on the level. I also understand standing up for your team. What I don't understand is why you feel like you need to go on another teams site and try to act like you know what you are talking about when you clearly don't (You hope but you don't know). It's like going to the Democratic Convention with a MAGA hat on or paying someone to beat you up. Only stupid people do that. So don't be one of those people that get what they want then feel the need to rub it in. If we don't hear from you again enjoy one of the best young WR's in the country and don't get so paranoid about getting him that you feel like you need to come over here and justify it.   

8 hours ago, bg5 said:

If you know so much about him and why he does things explain why he and his family (Dad) were so scared to tell the Auburn Coach's, Fellow Recruits, his High School Friends and Coach's at his school that he was flipping until right before he sat down. Do you know for a fact no one got to Dad or are you just hoping? You might want to think that but you know you don't know it. Again I understand why he would choose the Mutts but please don't come over here and try to say that it was all on the level. I also understand standing up for your team. What I don't understand is why you feel like you need to go on another teams site and try to act like you know what you are talking about when you clearly don't (You hope but you don't know). It's like going to the Democratic Convention with a MAGA hat on or paying someone to beat you up. Only stupid people do that. So don't be one of those people that get what they want then feel the need to rub it in. If we don't hear from you again enjoy one of the best young WR's in the country and don't get so paranoid about getting him that you feel like you need to come over here and justify it.   

So let me get this straight. It is ok for y’all to say that there was something underhanded going on in every other post, with absolutely zero proof. But I should think twice about saying that nothing like that happened. Ok whatever.

And as for why did was he scared to tell the coaches until he sat down? Well think about it. He knew what the reaction was gonna be. He is an  18 year old kid. Making the biggest decision of his life to this point, and he knew people were going to be upset, and mad. I don’t think he anticipated the ill tempered wishes that he get injured. But who would expect that?

i am sure he didn’t sleep at all the night before and prolly didn’t make up his mind until right before he sat down, or at least not long before. I know we didn’t think he was coming. We have insiders who post on our board who have ties to the team and know for a fact that we didn’t know for sure until he announced, and even then we sweated until we received the LOI. I am would be willing to bet he was going back and forth right up to the announcement. No kid wants to disappoint the team he has been committed to for that long, or the coaches who I am sure he likes very much. Do you honestly believe he enjoyed that part of the deal. I don’t.

10 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

That's all fine and dandy and stuff. The kid told the AU staff 72 hours prior to signing day he was all in. Kid is a talent for sure but lacks everything else. Should fit in great with what Kirby has going on in Athens. From hearing thru the grapevine, Kirby is having his own problems with his players and the uga faculty.  Things are going to get interesting. uga actually takes academics seriously, lol, and isn't the football factory ole Kirby want's it to be. Can't be uat JR. 

Don't think Pickens gets into uga.  

He may not, who knows right now. And believe what you wasn’t about Kirby and the perceived “problems” if it makes you feel better. I mean you guys coaching situation is a bed of roses right now isn’t it? I mean I hear everyone is thrilled with the extension Gus wrangled out of y’all last year. So at least y’all have that going for ya.

13 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Any chance we can bounce the troll? He's boring. 

At least some of the other recent ones were compelling and genuinely created tension. 

Awww hell. I was actually trying to not be a complete ass so I wouldn’t get bounced. But if that is what you want we can go that route. It isn’t like you guys don’t give a person plenty of ammo. Although I feel certain that I would be banned rather quickly if I went down that road.

1 hour ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

Awww hell. I was actually trying to not be a complete ass so I wouldn’t get bounced. But if that is what you want we can go that route. It isn’t like you guys don’t give a person plenty of ammo. Although I feel certain that I would be banned rather quickly if I went down that road.

e.gif

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:34 PM, Christopher Bozeman said:

So let me get this straight. It is ok for y’all to say that there was something underhanded going on in every other post, with absolutely zero proof. But I should think twice about saying that nothing like that happened. Ok whatever.

And as for why did was he scared to tell the coaches until he sat down? Well think about it. He knew what the reaction was gonna be. He is an  18 year old kid. Making the biggest decision of his life to this point, and he knew people were going to be upset, and mad. I don’t think he anticipated the ill tempered wishes that he get injured. But who would expect that?

i am sure he didn’t sleep at all the night before and prolly didn’t make up his mind until right before he sat down, or at least not long before. I know we didn’t think he was coming. We have insiders who post on our board who have ties to the team and know for a fact that we didn’t know for sure until he announced, and even then we sweated until we received the LOI. I am would be willing to bet he was going back and forth right up to the announcement. No kid wants to disappoint the team he has been committed to for that long, or the coaches who I am sure he likes very much. Do you honestly believe he enjoyed that part of the deal. I don’t.

I have always wondered what possessed people to go on other teams boards and post stuff that they don't know anything about just to see if they can get the other side mad. I always wondered what type person gets some kind of warped satisfaction out of that. Do you go back to the Dawg Pound and tell all of your friends how cool you are. My kids go to school with him so I know a little more about the situation than you do. It's not a secret at Hoover that something went down with his Dad. You can keep on believing your story all you want if it makes you feel better. I also hope you don't really believe that a kid waits until signing day and wakes up that morning goes to school still not knowing what he is going to do and right before he sits down he says ok I'm going to switch schools right now, oh great I just happen to have this hat, wow that's a coincidence. That is insane!!!!! Why don't you just go enjoy the fact that you got him and not feel like you have to come over here and rub it in. Only a warped a__ would do that. I guess we will see if you are one.  

4 hours ago, bg5 said:

I have always wondered what possessed people to go on other teams boards and post stuff that they don't know anything about just to see if they can get the other side mad. I always wondered what type person gets some kind of warped satisfaction out of that. Do you go back to the Dawg Pound and tell all of your friends how cool you are. My kids go to school with him so I know a little more about the situation than you do. It's not a secret at Hoover that something went down with his Dad. You can keep on believing your story all you want if it makes you feel better. I also hope you don't really believe that a kid waits until signing day and wakes up that morning goes to school still not knowing what he is going to do and right before he sits down he says ok I'm going to switch schools right now, oh great I just happen to have this hat, wow that's a coincidence. That is insane!!!!! Why don't you just go enjoy the fact that you got him and not feel like you have to come over here and rub it in. Only a warped a__ would do that. I guess we will see if you are one.  

Nope, and if you read through my post you will see that I have not really tried to instigate anything. Just stating things as I know them. If me not believing that there was anything shady going on with Pickens is considered instigating then maybe I am guilty. I haven’t called anyone names, or made any personal comments to anyone. In fact I have held my toungue considering some of the things said to me.

And if you don’t think that kids are can be torn between two or even three schools right up until signing day then I don’t know what to tell you. Yes he was committed to you guys for 500 days or whatever the number is. But for the last month leading up t9 signing day all the kid did was take visits to schools not named auburn. So while you guys may have felt that you had him locked down, if there wasn’t a hint of Worry on your part then that is on you for ignoring the obvious signs that he was not sure what he wanted to do. Honestly I thought he would sign with auburn by the time NSD rolled around. But I also felt there was a chance he could go to Tennessee, and I thought we had a chance, albeit a small one at that time.

but anytime a kid takes visits to other schools mere days before signing day he is anything but solid. That has my point the entire time. I didn’t come here to start trouble and have tied to avoid it. Look at all the responses to me that I have ignored and not replied to. I bet there are at least 15 or 20 if not more. And I didn’t respond to the: because I wasn’t looking to get into a back and forth insult contest. But if my take differing from yours is what you consider trying to start trouble then you got me. You have a fine rest of your weekend.

Archived