2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Maybe E can ask his friend, Keef, why the recruiting services are dragging their feet on his ranking. 

Not going to ask. He gets annoyed when people ask why 247 has some guys lower than they should be. His reply is he is not a rankings guy for 247, doesn't have a rankings opinion on guys, & will go with whatever the rankings guys say.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Julio? 

Nope. Completely different type of WR & build. Jeff had it right w/ Amari Cooper.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope. Completely type of WR & build. Jeff had it right w/ Amari Cooper.

I said another player based on being the complete package. Based on height and weight and total package, Green would be a better comparison.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I said another player based on being the complete package. Based on height and weight and total package, Green would be a better comparison.

Yup. Brain fart. Not sure why I had AJ Green on my mind. Post fixed.

Not sure when it happened but I just noticed GP got a huge bump on 247 only from 162 to 68. Need ESPN & Rivals to wake up more now too.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

With due respect the kind of jumps he needs from all 3 sites to get to a 5* rarely happen. Fields going from a 3* to a 5* happened but he is the exception to the rankings norm.

Welp... Whatever. No matter the rankings that they have I'm physched to see Nix to Pickens. Gonna be a treat.

On 5/20/2018 at 12:35 PM, ellitor said:

Not sure when it happened but I just noticed GP got a huge bump on 247 only from 162 to 68. Need ESPN & Rivals to wake up more now too.

espnandrivals.gif

ESPN and Rivals currently...

Really not a fan of their rankings overall.

Reacting to recent George Pickens comments

In an interview with John Garcia of 247Sports, Auburn wide receiver commit George Pickens has some concerning comments (if you’re an Auburn fan) about the state of his recruitment.

“It’s really open,” Pickens told Garcia. “Because there’s a lot of new schools coming in. I’m trying to see as many schools as I can right now.”

That’s not what Auburn or its fans want to hear. These Pickens comments come not long after he picked up an Alabama offer, which likely will raise even more concern.

This all comes less than a week after one of my notebooks mentioned a shift in the Pickens recruitment. Auburn had a long conversation with Pickens and his mother about limiting (or in a perfect world, completely shutting down) visits to other schools. According to one source, Pickens — and especially his mother — responded positively to the idea.

These comments would suggest otherwise, at least from Pickens’ end.

Still, I’d consider this to be a wait-and-see type of thing. He wants to take official visits to Michigan and Oregon. Those trips likely won’t worry Auburn much given the distance-from-home factor. The Tigers will view those similarly to 2018 defensive tackle Coynis Miller taking late official visits to schools Auburn never really expected would be a threat.

I expect a similar situation to take place with Pickens. Want to take a trip to Oregon or Michigan or somewhere else way far away? That’s fine. Multiple return trips to Tuscaloosa and Athens? That’s not going to fly as much with Malzahn.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Part of recruiting . Unless you pull a BB and warn your kids on continued taking visits with the risk of the scholarship being pulled, this will continue to happen. A free trip, to see different parts of the world, which you may not get a chance to do ever again. We handle business this fall and everything will be Gucci. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Grant and I would appreciate it if he would call himself an Auburn commit on Twitter. Being petty isn’t a crime.

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Grant and I would appreciate it if he would call himself an Auburn commit on Twitter.

Not sure who Grant is but GWill & I would appreciate it too. It's been so long since he's had anything AU related in his bio or background that I'm not sure he ever has had it.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure who Grant is but GWill & I would appreciate it too. It's been so long since he's had anything AU related in his bio or background that I'm not sure he ever has had it.

G Will is Grant. I know that because of his twittahh. 

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

O he def has never had it. Me and AUJEFF11 have def always noticed :[. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

O he def has never had it. Me and AUJEFF11 have def always noticed :[. 

I hope you aren't tweeting these kids, bro haha

30 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well................. lol  nah I wish . Job was already taken though. Unfortunately @McLoofus has that area covered and monopolized for AU family. He is our best twitter recruiter. Gus hired him to teach Goober Brown and Grimes the Twitttttttuh thang!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! We are in good hand boys! A class full of 5 stars up coming! haha. 

well.gif

5 hours ago, DAG said:

We gave a War Eagle to Countess. Apparently he forgets he is an alum of two schools. ?

FWIW, only Tennessee fans are bad at tweeting at recruits. Internet is a beautiful thing in the sticks.

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

G Will is Grant. I know that because of his twittahh. 

Found him. Damn GWill! You look so mild mannered on twitter. I had you pegged as 1 of 3 other guys I follow on twitter. Lol

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well................. lol  nah I wish . Job was already taken though. Unfortunately @McLoofus has that area covered and monopolized for AU family. He is our best twitter recruiter. Gus hired him to teach Goober Brown and Grimes the Twitttttttuh thang!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! We are in good hand boys! A class full of 5 stars up coming! haha. 

Damn right. I got this. As soon as Goober and Grimes- the OGs, as I like to call them- get done with their naps, I'm going to fire up AOL and take them for a ride on the information superhighway. 

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Damn right. I got this. As soon as Goober and Grimes- the OGs, as I like to call them- get done with their naps, I'm going to fire up AOL and take them for a ride on the information superhighway. 

Don't forget to get @augolf1716. He needs to get out too. Collectively they make up the OFC, the Old as Fossils Club.

37 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Found him. Damn GWill! You look so mild mannered on twitter. I had you pegged as 1 of 3 other guys I follow on twitter. Lol

That is because I just usually retweet things instead of original tweeting. That is the key to a happy life on the twitter!

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is because I just usually retweet things instead of original tweeting. That is the key to a happy life on the twitter!

You got that right. Or if you do an OT, mute the conversation if you get a stupid reply. HaHa!

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't forget to get @augolf1716. He needs to get out too. Collectively they make up the OFC, the Old as Fossils Club.

Did you just make that up? I impressed...........sorta

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You got that right. Or if you do an OT, mute the conversation if you get a stupid reply. HaHa!

And to bring it back full circle we just want King George to acknowledge us in his bio like our other commits! haha.

artie.gif

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Did you just make that up? I impressed...........sorta

I did have OFC stand for Old Farts Club but changed it at the last minute.

Archived