welcome back Jeff

12 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

True, anything past 21 is headed down hill for real. Thank God I can look forward to that senior cup discount at Jacks at 55.

always ask for the senior discount...and you can also shop for groceries on Wednesday when there is 10% off. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/24/2017 at 7:06 AM, aujeff11 said:

Lonzo had a reality TV show while he was still in college thanks to his dad. Fultz is the number one pick and he didn't and hasn't received a third of the coverage that Lonzo has. Not to mention that Lavar was already making bold predictions about UCLA and attracting a bunch of reporters before UCLA's season even started. When Lavar guaranteed a UCLA championship in the preseason, that's when I started paying attention. 

The summer league coverage had a lot to do with Lonzo Ball than the depth of the draft class as well. Lonzo received most of the summer league headlines after all. Not to mention that ESPN has never dedicated so much time to discuss summer league basketball. Not even when Lebron, Curry, Harden, etc had to go through it. 

I disagree. Lonzo will be a "star" in the sense that he's the PG of the Lakers but he won't be a superstar. His offense needs work and his defense is atrocious. He very well could be Jason Kidd-like but hell, RW just averaged a triple double for the whole regular season and RW is nowhere near a winner. 

Literally 80% of this is false

No they don't like seeing confident to cocky players. And game waaay to imposing athletically now for that lunch pail under dog guy to win....they can pull off a little something in college in the right system. 

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Literally 80% of this is false

tenor.gif

On 7/24/2017 at 8:40 AM, Barnacle said:

Legitimately enjoying the back in forth on Ball. I'm not an NBA fan, so I'm actually learning something. Is Ball's defense as bad as Jeff says? Also, I thought his dad was the most obnoxious person a few months ago. Now I think he might be a genius. 

As far as defense? No not at all....greatly exaggerated. I could break it down, as a matter of fact I can breakdown anything I say or disagree with fact and detail if you ever have any individual questions. College ball too.

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

As far as defense? No not at all....greatly exaggerated. I could break it down, as a matter of fact I can breakdown anything I say or disagree with fact and detail if you ever have any individual questions. College ball too.

Good to know. I played basketball growing up, until my sophomore year of high school. So, I doubt I could break anything down other than general concepts and fundamentals. Definitely not the nuanced parts of the game. 

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

No they don't like seeing confident to cocky players. And game waaay to imposing athletically now for that lunch pail under dog guy to win....they can pull off a little something in college in the right system. 

who the heck are you even talking to? you are making no sense.

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Good to know. I played basketball growing up, until my sophomore year of high school. So, I doubt I could break anything down other than general concepts and fundamentals. Definitely not the nuanced parts of the game. 

His defense though IS really that bad. As of right now BUT again Not his fault. He just will never be a good defender because he simply is not a great athlete and does not move his feet particularly well. Especially side to side. His floor is Ricky Rubio which is a dang fine NBA player but he has so much more upside as a scorer. He will be a all star in a 4 or 5 years imo. It will be especially tough with how loaded the west guards are but I think he gets it done. He is a transcendent passer.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

His defense though IS really that bad. As of right now BUT again Not his fault. He just will never be a good defender because he simply is not a great athlete and does not move his feet particularly well. Especially side to side. His floor is Ricky Rubio which is a dang fine NBA player but he has so much more upside as a scorer. He will be a all star in a 4 or 5 years. It will be especially tough with how loaded the west guards are but I think he gets it done. He is a transcendent passer.

Yeah his passing is obviously the thing that jumps off the page when you watch him. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah his passing is obviously the thing that jumps off the page when you watch him. 

as a rookie imo he already comes in to the league as one of the best pure passers. NOW will that mean he will become one of the top assist guys in the NBA? probaly not but give it time and it will.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

who the heck are you even talking to? you are making no sense.

I wasn't talking to you, why do you want a reaction from me? Keep being the role on the board you have set for yourself. There is no need for you and me to interact. 

6 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Ball is very athletic, he doesn't show weak lateral movement. He's a 6'7" pg so no of course he can't guard top 5 pg's one on one. Just like Leonard can't. Also with the way the game is being played there aren't any shut down defenders. You have a lack of toughness throughout the league as far as big men and you have teams playing small ball now spreading out the floor. You can play great defense but your guy get 25 on you. And if you're lucky you may have a shot blocker on your team that can help out.  

Comparing him to Rubio is laughable

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I wasn't talking to you, why do you want a reaction from me? Keep being the role on the board you have set for yourself. There is no need for you and me to interact. 

giphy.gif

lol this is a message board man. No one has any role. What the heck are you talking about? O if I continue to interact with you are you going to threaten me like you did muhhhhhhh boy @DAG??

Lol what I'm supposed to be scared of a message board double team? Just stick to being a clown. Don't try to do things you can't

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ball is very athletic, he doesn't show weak lateral movement. He's a 6'7" pg so no of course he can't guard top 5 pg's one on one. Just like Leonard can't. Also with the way the game is being played there aren't any shut down defenders. You have a lack of toughness throughout the league as far as big men and you have teams playing small ball now spreading out the floor. You can play great defense but your guy get 25 on you. And if you're lucky you may have a shot blocker on your team that can help out.  

Comparing him to Rubio is laughable

actually it is not. I know lonzo shot over 40% in college from three but I think he will struggle initially at least with his shot and LIKE RUBIO he will be a pass first pg who does not score a lot. Unlike rubio I think he will grow to become more of a scorer. O NO! the horror of averaging 11,9 and 4 which is what rubio averaged this past year. It was not like I called him Kendall Marshall or something.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lol what I'm supposed to be scared of a message board double team? Just stick to being a clown. Don't try to do things you can't

You are the one who took it to that point with DAG no one is cornering you.  You escalate any conversation you are in I have seen. I rather be the clown than the guy who thinks he is some authority figure about toughness and doling out roles for everyone and who can interact with who.

There are many pass first pg's so I guess you're right about that. Fultz is a scorer....he will not be Kobe Bryant

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You are the one who took it to that point with DAG no one is cornering you.  You escalate any conversation you are in I have seen. I rather be the clown than the guy who thinks he is some authority figure about toughness and doling out roles for everyone and who can interact with who.

What are you dag's side chick? You don't know anything. You don't know anything about me and DAG's interactions long before you ever posted here. What does DAG even have to do with anything? You tagged him and everything lol. So cool be the clown, but I didn't give you a role you give yourself your role. I've done nothing but ignored you since you've been on here. As far as interaction I'm saying stop trying to argue with me. I don't want to play with you. If you ever happen to talk about stuff and you actually know what you're talking about maybe but as far as your gifs and maaaah boiiiii's and all that no I'm not with that. 

But have a seat, I've never told you who you can and cannot interact with. Even the way you're typing this stuff you want somebody to come and help you. 

Just now, cole256 said:

What are you dag's side chick? You don't know anything. So cool be the clown, but I didn't give you a role you give yourself your role. I've done nothing but ignored you since you've been on here. As far as interaction I'm saying stop trying to argue with me. I don't want to play with you. If you ever happen to talk about stuff and you actually know what you're talking about maybe but as far as your gifs and maaaah boiiiii's and all that no I'm not with that. 

But have a seat, I've never told you who you can and cannot interact with. Even the way you're typing this stuff you want somebody to come and help you. 

If he will have me I will gladly be DAG side chick! lol he is WOOOOOOOOO MUHHHHH BOY! Since you love so much when I say that. Wait you actually think you know about the stuff you are speaking on?  That is adorable. And I have seen no indication that you actually know what you are speaking on when you discuss the NBA. NBA is MY territory. Go talk about something you actually know about like the ufc and street fighting since you are the resident tough guy.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

If he will have me I will gladly be DAG side chick! lol he is WOOOOOOOOO MUHHHHH BOY! Since you love so much when I say that. Wait you actually think you know about the stuff you are speaking on?  That is adorable. And I have seen no indication that you actually know what you are speaking on when you discuss the NBA. NBA is MY territory. Go talk about something you actually know about like the ufc and street fighting since you are the resident tough guy.

NBA is your territory and you compared ball to Rubio because he is a pass first qb....yeah ok. I bet people are thinking you really know basketball LOL. 

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings that I argued with DAG. What's funny is we're probably still cool and here you are scared from it. But I'll look at your future post and see if you ever actually say something that makes sense as far as basketball. 

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

NBA is your territory and you compared ball to Rubio because he is a pass first qb....yeah ok. I bet people are thinking you really know basketball LOL. 

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings that I argued with DAG. What's funny is we're probably still cool and here you are scared from it. But I'll look at your future post and see if you ever actually say something that makes sense as far as basketball. 

I said his floor is rubio.  I did not say that is absolutely what his career will mirror and the only player I see him being like. If you are going to quote me get it right. As in his floor will be no worse than rubio. I can see his career being no worse than rubio which is a pretty good career and not bad at all. Is that so wrong to think? I mean it was not a diss at all towards him. BUT I think he will end up closer to J kidd than rubio but for a floor rubio is not bad at all.

39 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ball is very athletic, he doesn't show weak lateral movement. He's a 6'7" pg so no of course he can't guard top 5 pg's one on one. Just like Leonard can't

Except that Leonard is a SF... Ball is a PG that doesn't have great defensive movement and it was evident by the fact that he gave up 3 or 4 SC top ten highlight dunks where a bunch of nobodies drove right past him in the summer league alone. Any GM will say that Lonzo's on ball defense is garbage as well...

I agree if you are saying Ball can cover PG's like a SF...

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Except that Leonard is a SF... Ball is a PG that doesn't have great defensive movement and it was evident by the fact that he gave up 3 or 4 SC top ten highlight dunks where a bunch of nobodies drove right past him in the summer league alone. Any GM will say that Lonzo's on ball defense is garbage as well...

I agree if you are saying Ball can cover PG's like a SF...

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Ok. Where?

You my dog but the summer league coverage is so far out there I don't know what you're thinking. Lonzo defense being horrible isn't right. No any GM wouldn't say that. What 6'7" guy have you seen shut down pg's consistently? Do you guys have his lateral movement times or something? You think pointing out a few plays of two games can tell you about defense? I thought you were from Florence man Smh

And no I was pointing out Leonard is regarded as one of the best defenders in the league but even he isn't going to do that. He's a small forward because of his size. Just because I call you a pg doesn't mean you are now going to be quick as an elite 6'3" guy

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I said his floor is rubio.  I did not say that is absolutely what his career will mirror and the only player I see him being like. If you are going to quote me get it right. As in his floor will be no worse than rubio. I can see his career being no worse than rubio which is a pretty good career and not bad at all. Is that so wrong to think? I mean it was not a diss at all towards him. BUT I think he will end up closer to J kidd than rubio but for a floor rubio is not bad at all.

Actually I did miss the word floor in your original post. That's my bad

Archived