****2018 3* Safety/Star Josh Marsh commits to Auburn!!!

Maverick.AU

4_5310284.jpg
Josh Marsh, OLB
Decatur, AL
Ht: 6'2 | Wt: 210 | 40: 4.43

• Class of 2018
  • He earned All-State honors at outside linebacker as a junior for Decatur, Ala., High School. He broke into the starting lineup on defense as a sophomore and as a punt returner as a freshman.
  • Led the AHSAA in tackles last season with 206 stops; That eye-popping stat came on the heels of making 150 tackles as a sophomore.
  • Offered and committed to AU 7/21/17
  • Recruiters: Hand (P), T-Will (S)

247Sports: 3*
Rivals: 3*
Scout: NR

Offers: Auburn, App State, Colorado State, Eastern Kentucky, Louisville, Memphis, Purdue, Samford, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Troy and Wake Forest, among others.

Boom! Tigers land in-state commitment from lifelong Auburn fan

6_5259619.jpg
Josh Marsh will be a Tiger. (Photo: 247Sports)

After a strong showing at Auburn's camp Friday afternoon, Josh Marsh earned an offer.

For Marsh, that was all he needed to hear.

"I went up there and talked to (Auburn coach Gus Malzahn) and he said, 'We want to offer you a scholarship,'" Marsh recalled. "And I was like, 'Okay, I want to commit.' 

"I had prayed about it, but they hadn't said anything," Marsh said. "Really, there was no any idea. I just knew I had to come down here and show out. ... Ever since I was 3, I was like, 'I want to come to Auburn, I want to come to Auburn.' It's like a dream come true."

C_pC0VCXkAE8d8j.jpg

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 3

• ellitor featured and pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Curious about this guy @ellitor haven't heard about him until now. Any insight?

Nope. All I know is in the the Soo there is more news coming thread.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

All I know is in the the Soo there is more news coming thread.

Did one of our other LB prospects fall through? Just seemed like we were trending with a few. 

He has good ball skills and a nose for the ball, but just like 99% of HS backers, he plays really high.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AU_256 said:

Did one of our other LB prospects fall through? Just seemed like we were trending with a few. 

Answered your question in the other thread.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He has good ball skills and a nose for the ball, but just like 99% of HS backers, he plays really high.

Playing high is very coachable. You can't teach instincts. As someone that played high in my early days I know this is very correctable lol

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Playing high is very coachable. You can't teach instincts 

Very true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Very true.

I'll take an instinctive, hard nosed ball player any day of the week. Technique can be coached, intangibles cannot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Technique can be coached, 

I've lost too much hair to agree with that 100% :laugh:

• Like 5

How does Josh Marsh compare to Thomas Johnston, 2017 recruit from Spanish Fort, who ended up signing with UAB?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I've lost too much hair to agree with that 100% :laugh:

I just look at guys like Brooks Ellis, Luke Kueckly, Mark Herzlich, etc. guys were hard nosed ball players. In my time playing, guys that loved competing and loved the game were much more likely to learn the right techniques. Hard nosed ball players always hold a special place with me. Lol

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Alcohol and or Drugs?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I just look at guys like Brooks Ellis, Luke Kueckly, Mark Herzlich, etc. guys were hard nosed ball players. In my time playing, guys that loved competing and loved the game were much more likely to learn the right techniques. Hard nosed ball players always hold a special place with me. Lol

Me too

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

How does Josh Marsh compare to Thomas Johnston, 2017 recruit from Spanish Fort, who ended up signing with UAB?

Completely different type of backer. Marsh is much faster & has much better coverage ability. TJ is probably a better run stopper. All based on my untrained eye.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Me too

However I should have said "technique can be taught to an extent" lol. With hardnosed and instinctive, you have a good base to work with at least

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Huh?

I merged it to his previous post. Makes more sense when you read it now.

• Like 1