****2018 3* Safety/Star Josh Marsh commits to Auburn!!!

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, CameronCrazy said:

If we miss on other guys come signing day, then I'm ok with taking this kid. For the life of me I'll never understand why we offer & accept a kid's commitment based on what he does during one day of camp. These "camp warriors" need to prove it on the football field before we give them a spot that could go to Jibunor, Harris, McClain, Tindall, Fox, and Tannor. What happens if we land all of those guys? Do we cut this guy loose? We all know that's not the way that Malzahn recruits. There were some that we expecting us to land Harris & Jibunor this very weekend. Are we already admitting defeat for Fox to LSU or Tannor to UGA. I'm not saying that the kid can't play, I just don't understand the timing.

CC. You just gotta worry for the sake of worrying don't you. None of those guys you mentioned are recruited for the same position as Marsh. He's a Star type. None of the others are.

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well you earned yours the hard way. Mav just got his from many hours of EA Sports NCAA football.;D

Dang right, spent many long hours on that game. If I had my wish though it would've been coaching. Love the game and the x's and o's

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Playing high is very coachable. You can't teach instincts. As someone that played high in my early days I know this is very correctable lol

I see what you did there!

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Hahaha did I scoop him or what?

No offense but he gets scooped all the time. Probably in more ways than 1.

I'd love to take a guy like this every class. Felt like we took one a couple of years ago in Chandler Cox. Wish we would've gotten Thomas Johnston last year. Kids who just have to outwork people and play with a chip on their shoulder to prove they belong. Deshaun Davis can be seen as one of those guys too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Now I want ice cream. Thanks E

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

giphy.gif

97b240534d014b3cd14cb60dcbd8823d5f0b0024

• Like 3

You did so the answer's yes but you should on such matters. You actually know what you're talking about on such things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

A 6'2" 210 lb. LB with speed and coverage skills? Hmmm, where would I have heard of one like that before?

will_herring_2006_11_18.jpg?resize=350,2

Yep

There came a point during the Friday camp when it became evident Travis Williams, in particular, had seen enough.

Marsh dropped back in coverage to break up a pass. Williams began jumping across the field, charging at Marsh and wrapped his arms around his shoulders, slapping him on the back. Add to that, during testing period, Marsh clocked a 4.43-second 40 time.

Even then, Marsh said he wasn’t holding out hope for an Auburn offer.

“Really, I’m one of those guys who’s hard on myself. Every time I do something, I’m like, ‘OK, I can do better in this.’ I critiqued myself. I really never got a confidence like, ‘OK, this is going to happen.’ It was just one of those things where I was blown away,” Marsh said. “It’s just one of those things that, even if you know, it kinda catches you off guard and blows you away. But I was real caught off guard.”

Link

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WarEagle2423 said:

This kid dreamed to play for AU his whole life. Bet he will work his butt off. Excited to see what he can do! 

My thoughts exactly!  People always talk about how they want kids in the program who grew up as Auburn fans.  I am one of those.  Well, we got one...and made his dreams come true in the process.  This is awesome for him and perhaps even AU.  They wouldn't offer him if he was garbage.  We have way too many good opportunities with "higher rated" players for Gus and Co. to just throw away a scholarship on a meh player.  Nothing wrong at all with this commitment. Not to mention the kid looks the part.  And we are, at some point, going to have to start to trust our defensive staff's evaluations.  I don't know of any that they have misjudged so far...

• Like 4

looks like a diamond in the rough just waiting to be polished up and made to shine with the best of them. 206 tackles is beyond incredible. He has speed to burn and then some. He could be a legit 4 star when the dust settles.

• Like 1

I'm super stoked about this. Kid is exactly what you'd want in every way. I've seen him play several times and he's a frickin tackling machine. Also for those asking about comparisons to Thomas Johnston, there aren't really any except both have a nose for the ball. This kid is an athlete to say the least. 

• Like 1

This is the kind of attitude I want from all of our recruits. Very happy he's getting to live out his dream!  

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

CC. You just gotta worry for the sake of worrying don't you. None of those guys you mentioned are recruited for the same position as Marsh. He's a Star type. None of the others are.

I thought we were done with this STAR stuff. What is that anyway exactly?

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

From what I could find, it is a nickel-back that can double as an outside linebacker. Hybrid position.

• Like 1

My kinda guy! In addition to his abilities on defense yall watch he'll be a special teams phenom from Day 1. Marsh seems like a glue type kid, one that you want on your team. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

LB-SS Hybrid.

18 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Remember the Ellis Johnson 4-2-5?

Link

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

LB-SS Hybrid.

Thought that was only Incorporated when muschamp was here..Or was it Ellis Johnson? Anyways...How does this affect recruiting? Can we still take 2 more regular linebackers and have him play lb from time to time and mostly safety?