****2018 3* Safety/Star Josh Marsh commits to Auburn!!!

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Completely different type of backer. Marsh is much faster & has much better coverage ability. TJ is probably a better run stopper. All based on my untrained eye.

FWIW, I agree

11 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

How does Josh Marsh compare to Thomas Johnston, 2017 recruit from Spanish Fort, who ended up signing with UAB?

This is the question that immediately came to my mind...

5 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

3* U

The LB's I listed in an earlier post, not to mention Jarrad Davis were all 3*. I'll take a hardnosed competitor with good instincts  any day of the week. Time will tell but I don't think we have anything to worry about with T will coaching LBs

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 2

Marsh earned the offer after an impressive performance at Auburn's half-day camp. He ran a 4.43-second 40-yard dash and was a standout in 1-on-1 drills.

Following the camp, Marsh met with Auburn coach Gus Malzahn.

"One of the assistants told me that we were going up to Coach Malzahn's office," Marsh said. "We talked for a little bit and then Coach Malzahn said they wanted to offer me a scholarship."

It didn't take Marsh long to accept it.

"I said, 'Well, OK. I want to commit,'" Marsh said. "I've been dreaming of that since I was three years old. I've been wanting to play for Auburn since I was 3."

Marsh plays linebacker for Decatur, but could project at many positions in college, including linebacker, safety and nickle back.

"It doesn't matter to me," Marsh said. "They just said they want me as an athlete on defense."

I like the thought of an athlete on defense that projects to multiple positions. What do the coaches on the site think?

Link

• Like 4

A 6'2" 210 lb. LB with speed and coverage skills? Hmmm, where would I have heard of one like that before?

will_herring_2006_11_18.jpg?resize=350,2

• Like 4

1 minute ago, aufan57 said:

I like the thought of an athlete on defense that projects to multiple positions. What do the coaches on the site think?

Link

Will herring 2.0?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

A 6'2" 210 lb. LB with speed and coverage skills? Hmmm, where would I have heard of one like that before?

will_herring_2006_11_18.jpg?resize=350,2

lol I didn't even see this before I replied lol. Great minds think alike I guess!

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1

Just now, aufan57 said:

Link

I have PMd someone already about him possibly being a STAR. I don't think he has the size to be a buck.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

lol I didn't even see this before I replied lol

You're such a liar!:laugh:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

You're such a liar!:laugh:

Dont run me off, I have your back when it comes to golf lol. Seriously though I responded and then scrolled up and saw your post. Haha

Edited by Maverick.AU

Just now, bigbird said:

I have PMd someone already about him possibly being a STAR. I don't think he has the size to be a buck.

And I was about to bring JLee's tweet over telling the board you told me that. For those wondering I believe Quay Walker was the only major OLB-Star target on the board & he's committed to Bama so might as well take this athletic youngster.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Dont run me off, I have your back when it comes to golf lol. Seriously though I responded and then scrolled up and saw your post. Haha

Great minds!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

The LB's I listed in an earlier post, not to mention Jarrad Davis were all 3*. I'll take a hardnosed, competitor any day of the week. Time will tell but I don't think we have anything to worry about with T will coaching LBs

If we miss on other guys come signing day, then I'm ok with taking this kid. For the life of me I'll never understand why we offer & accept a kid's commitment based on what he does during one day of camp. These "camp warriors" need to prove it on the football field before we give them a spot that could go to Jibunor, Harris, McClain, Tindall, Fox, and Tannor. What happens if we land all of those guys? Do we cut this guy loose? We all know that's not the way that Malzahn recruits. There were some that we expecting us to land Harris & Jibunor this very weekend. Are we already admitting defeat for Fox to LSU or Tannor to UGA. I'm not saying that the kid can't play, I just don't understand the timing.

Just now, bigbird said:

Great minds!

Well you earned yours the hard way. Mav just got his from many hours of EA Sports NCAA football.;D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And I was about to bring JLee's tweet over telling the board you told me that. For those wondering I believe Quay Walker was the only major OLB-Star target on the board & he's committed to Bama so might as well take this athletic youngster.

What tweet?

2 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

If we miss on other guys come signing day, then I'm ok with taking this kid. For the life of me I'll never understand why we offer & accept a kid's commitment based on what he does during one day of camp. These "camp warriors" need to prove it on the football field before we give them a spot that could go to Jibunor, Harris, McClain, Tindall, Fox, and Tannor. What happens if we land all of those guys? Do we cut this guy loose? We all know that's not the way that Malzahn recruits. There were some that we expecting us to land Harris & Jibunor this very weekend. Are we already admitting defeat for Fox to LSU or Tannor to UGA. I'm not saying that the kid can't play, I just don't understand the timing.

To me, I am thinking he will be playing a different position than those you mentioned.

2 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Seems no change of tindall to SC either. Guy wants to be at AU and is a hard nosed guy with good instincts. Sometimes you have to take chances on those guys not just the guys that are rated higher. Marsh seems like the type of guy you want at AU. If Twill gave the ok on him I feel pretty good about it

• Like 3