****2018 3* Safety/Star Josh Marsh commits to Auburn!!!

Maverick.AU

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I thought I deleted him from the list. My bad. I had pasted it before and it came out wrong. Repasted and forgot. Thanks for pointing out. 

No worries.  I agree with your original point, by the way. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

If I had my wish though it would've been coaching. Love the game and the x's and o's

That's what a lot of people think, and I used to also.  Unfortunately, x's and o's make up at most 25% of coaching I would say.  Motivating, teaching, and dealing with extraneous off the field BS comprises much more of the job.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

That's what a lot of people think, and I used to also.  Unfortunately, x's and o's make up at most 25% of coaching I would say.  Motivating, teaching, and dealing with extraneous off the field BS comprises much more of the job.

Agreed, the last part is probably the toughest of them all

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

dealing with extraneous off the field BS comprises much more of the job.

Between administration, teachers, parents, community, and girlfriends it wears.

• Like 2

Welcome to the family Josh, glad you get to live your dream and play for your life long team the Auburn Tigers. :wareagle::wareagle:   Always good to get these kids that really want to be here.

• Like 3

Congrats and War Eagle Josh!  Not to get ahead of myself, but Josh looks like a player that will be on my watch list for a bump of this thread in a few years down the road...that is of course unless you turn out to be an absolute stud and don't qualify for this topic lol, which would be A++ ok too.

"I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work."  Work hard Josh and the sky is the limit.

Been saying this forever. This should be Auburn's DNA. Tuberville was ahead of the curve in terms of recruits like these.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Been saying this forever. This should be Auburn's DNA. Tuberville was ahead of the curve in terms of recruits like these.

^^^ this ... I see this kid as a special teams warrior until he gets in deep with the strength and conditioning program. From what I have read he will make an impact at AU . 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Ouch!

Nice one.

Sad thing is it's "unofficially" true at many places.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hey @Maverick.AU. I love me some Jay Prosh but since Maverick is your name this should be your avi...

490765bf630636bc46e38b2d65630875.jpg

Funny that u post that picture as I've thought about that before haha. I actually plan to get a replica of that helmet and put it in my man cave.

On the Jay Prosch avi, I think I made it my avi a little bit before his mom passed away so it's just gotten hard for me to change it.

• Like 1

I like this pickup. Great instincts, good measurables and loves Auburn. War Eagle and welcome to the family.

57 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Little early on the offer IMO. 

Are you saying you think we should have slow-played Marsh, let him get a little angry and disgusted  with us and then sign with MSU? Such as that has happened several times in recent seasons. There's no reason to hold back an offer unless you don't really want the guy.  I like this pickup and apparently our coaches do too.

• Like 4

I couldn't disagree more that we are early on this offer.  This kid has done it on the football field. There is no question that he has a high football IQ.  They just needed to verify that he had the athleticism to back it up at the college level. They saw that he did; at that point it's an easy decision. It's not hard to measure speed and size. But at linebacker, in particular, the most important thing is being it the right position and making plays.  Nobody we are recruiting at that position does it better.  This kid is not a backup plan; we took him because we think he can play for us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

I couldn't disagree more that we are early on this offer.  This kid has done it on the football field. There is no question that he has a high football IQ.  They just needed to verify that he had the athleticism to back it up at the college level. They saw that he did; at that point it's an easy decision. It's not hard to measure speed and size. But at linebacker, in particular, the most important thing is being it the right position and making plays.  Nobody we are recruiting at that position does it better.  This kid is not a backup plan; we took him because we think he can play for us.

To add to this we took him as a Star which is a LB-S hybrid & I don't think we had any other targets at that position in the class. If the staff wants someone in that role he looks like a great pickup to me.

• Like 2

I am more than happy to have him. He loves Auburn and wants to be at Auburn. Players that play for the love of the game or the love of the school, play with a lot of heart. Give me a 3 star with heart to match your 4 star any day.

• Like 1

This kid looks like a baller to me. He has great size and speed and could be a great swiss army knife for the Defense. If he comes in a bulks up he can move to LB and if he stays on the lighter side he can be more of a safety/nickel back. I mean 360 tackles between his Sophmore and Junior seasons?!?! Are you freaking kidding me. That right there shows desire and you can never have enough of that in a player. Glad to have you aboard Mr. Marsh!

• Like 1