"A disturbing level of incoherent thinking"

homersapien

This is a quote from Trump in the NYT interview. It demonstrates his lack of knowledge on the issue of healthcare. I wish the reporters had called him on this. 

TRUMP: But what it does, Maggie, it means it gets tougher and tougher. As they get something, it gets tougher. Because politically, you can’t give it away. So pre-existing conditions are a tough deal. Because you are basically saying from the moment the insurance, you’re 21 years old, you start working and you’re paying $12 a year for insurance, and by the time you’re 70, you get a nice plan. Here’s something where you walk up and say, “I want my insurance.” It’s a very tough deal, but it is something that we’re doing a good job of.

Could Trump be going through something health wise as well? If you remember his interviews over the years, he didnt sound this incoherent.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Could Trump be going through something health wise as well? If you remember his interviews over the years, he didnt sound this incoherent.

I know that theory has been floated. As a Language Arts major his style of communicating is intriguing. I think he tends to babble incoherently, using word quantity as a substitute for message quality, to cover his ignorance on a subject but I don't see a drastic change in his style in the past and now.  However, I'll definitely listen to whatever your referring to and re-evaluate if need be. 

One, I was shocked by the lack of just articulateness. We all hate it when we read a transcript of ourselves. It’s always embarrassing, but not that embarrassing. These really are random — they’re not even thoughts. They’re just little word patterns, one following another, about Napoleon, about this and that. It’s a disturbing level of incoherent thinking.

.....And then what is interesting to me psychologically, usually, when someone is corrupt or — they are clever. They try to dissemble. They mask their corruption with some attempt to be dishonest.

Donald Trump, give him credit, he’s completely transparent. He basically said in that interview, my corruption can be found in my tax returns. If you look into my tax returns, I will fire you.

He transmits everything that he’s thinking out in public in an incredibly transparent way. So we’re looking at a fact where Bob Mueller will probably go to the tax returns. Donald Trump will probably fire Bob Mueller. And then we will be in some sort of constitutional crisis. And it’s all telegraphed right there out in the open.

5 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I know that theory has been floated. As a Language Arts major his style of communicating is intriguing. I think he tends to babble incoherently, using word quantity as a substitute for message quality, to cover his ignorance on a subject but I don't see a drastic change in his style in the past and now.  However, I'll definitely listen to whatever your referring to and re-evaluate if need be. 

Agree with you on this Elle, if he was not surrounded by intelligent people, in his business dealings, he would have never been a success.  I know the success part is debatable, but the end result is that he is President.

When left on his own to respond to questions, (without his support staff) he does not come over as well educated.

25 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Agree with you on this Elle, if he was not surrounded by intelligent people, in his business dealings, he would have never been a success.  I know the success part is debatable, but the end result is that he is President.

When left on his own to respond to questions, (without his support staff) he does not come over as well educated.

Hence the reason he rarely does press conferences. You cannot convince me that he could not be prepped to handle a presser. The fact that he doesn't screams willful ignorance. He exhibits no desire to learn.

Archived