Spicer Wasn't What's Wrong With This White House

homersapien

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-07-21/spicer-wasn-t-what-s-wrong-with-this-white-house

The fall of the press secretary is a very bad sign for the Trump administration.

We've finally found the one thing that's perfectly normal about the Donald Trump White House: When things go bad, blame the message (and the messenger), not the substance. And so, with things going quite badly indeed, we get to the resignation of Sean Spicer, press secretary and short-term celebrity "Saturday Night Live" send-up, and the hiring of a new communications director, Anthony Scaramucci.

Spicer reportedly resigned over his opposition to Scaramucci, although as with all such explanations, we'll have to see whether it holds up over time. What is obvious from Friday's news is that the White House is as chaotic and mismanaged as ever, given that the news media has already reported not only Spicer's objection to the new press secretary, but also the strong opposition of both White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and senior adviser Steve Bannon, who said Scaramucci would get the job "over my dead body."

That part is not normal. 

It is meaningful. 

And it doesn't bode well for the future. 

Read the rest at: https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-07-21/spicer-wasn-t-what-s-wrong-with-this-white-house

The following article is interesting also:

Trump’s 'Axis of Adults' Is Breaking Apart

If you thought grownups like Mattis, McMaster and Tillerson were secretly running the administration, think again.

i knew Spicy wouldn't be there too long. i have heard too much admiration for him from people who long knew him. Same for Mattis. i hope he stays though. He is needed.

I did not think he would last either. He seemed rather ineffective from day one. 

8 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I did not think he would last either. He seemed rather ineffective from day one. 

"Ineffective" !? :laugh:

I think you missed the point.

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Ineffective" !? :laugh:

I think you missed the point.

You thought he was productive? Fluid? Well spoken?

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

He had to be productive,fluid and well spoken for an a**hole that is neither . He had a s*** job. 

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Same here. Never liked those brown suits he originally wore. He is leaving with a much nicer wardrobe.

SNL is going to miss Sean more than anyone.

15 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

He was told to go out and state bald face lies as if they were true.  

It wasn't the messenger who was the problem, it was the messages.

Archived