When The Media have Trump right where they want him and it's not enough

Auburn85

I know I've already posted this several days ago, but it still fits this thread.

http://www.mediaite.com/uncategorized/joan-walsh-ivanka-cant-be-a-feminist-wearing-such-a-girlie-dress-at-g20-summit/

Walsh said “I don’t mean to sound sexist” just prior to making comments that would likely have been condemned as sexist had they been directed at many women other than the President’s daughter.

“Right. With big bows on her sleeve. I mean, I don’t mean to sound sexist — it can be dangerous to comment on what women wear — but the fact that she sat in for her father in a dress that was so incredibly ornamental was such a contradiction in terms”, Walsh said. “And I think that what we see is that in patriarchal, authoritarian societies, daughters have great value — they are property. And the message that she is sending about her own value, about her place in the White House, and about the place of women in this administration, I think, are really frightening.”

Even host Thomas Roberts seemed concerned that Walsh might be opening herself up to backlash following the comments.

“Do you think you’re opening yourself up about the bows? Are you ready?”, asked Roberts.

Walsh continued to slam Ivanka’s choice in attire as being to “girlie” to take seriously, going as far as to say she can’t be fighting for equality for women while wearing a dress like that.

“That’s not a dress that’s made for work. That’s not a dress that’s made to go out in the world and make a difference. That is a dress that is designed to show off your girlieness, and, you know, God bless her, show it off, but don’t then tell us that you’re crusading for an equal place for women at the table because you’re not.”

“So you can’t be a feminist and be girlie at the same time?”, Roberts asked.

“You can be a feminist and be girlie, replied Walsh. “We all have our girlie days, but I think showing up, taking your fathers’s seat in a pink dress with big bows on the sleeves is really an interesting message. I also don’t know why H.R. McMaster and Rex Tillerson didn’t quit on the spot, that they wouldn’t sit in, that she would get to sit there. I mean, they’re playing — there’s some head games going on here, and I’m just gonna break it down. I know Twitter’s waiting for me, Thomas, but I’m giving you my unfiltered reaction.”

It truly is sad to see the constant daily barrage of nothing more than political rhetoric aimed at the administration and their families. And yet many, some of our own included, seemingly find their life's joy in doing so. What a sad life that must be. 

God Bless America. 

15 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

It truly is sad to see the constant daily barrage of nothing more than political rhetoric aimed at the administration and their families. And yet many, some of our own included, seemingly find their life's joy in doing so. What a sad life that must be. 

God Bless America. 

Good grief.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/lawrence-odonnell-wonders-what-if-vladimir-putin-masterminded-the-last-week-in-syria/

MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell tonight opened his show positing that “if Vladimir Putin masterminded the last week in Syria, he has gotten everything he could have asked for.”

And when O’Donnell brought on his panel, he immediately made it clear that he does not know what the probability of this is, but he knows it’s not zero:

I raise it without assigning a statistical probability to it, I don’t know what it is. I just know that it’s not zero, and it should be zero. It has been zero with every previous president. But when you look at the way that events have unfolded this week, Donald Trump could not have asked for a better end of the week for his presidency as he sees it.

11 hours ago, homersapien said:

Good grief.

" Good grief ". Our neighbor genius buzzword reply when he does not have a 50,000 word anti-President Trump article to post.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

" Good grief ". Our neighbor genius buzzword reply when he does not have a 50,000 word anti-President Trump article to post.

the only other word he knows is "iriony."

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Awwwww....   :comfort:

Tell you what.  I will no longer require you to read my posts.  

God forbid you might learn something you'd just rather not know. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

On 7/22/2017 at 6:48 PM, AUFAN78 said:

God Bless America. 

“Reince is a ******* paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac,” Scaramucci said. He channelled Priebus as he spoke: “ ‘Oh, Bill Shine is coming in. Let me leak the ******* thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months.’ ” 

“I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the ******* strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.” 

Truly sad.

On 7/23/2017 at 9:08 PM, homersapien said:

Damn. The sorcerer.  :dunno:

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

“Reince is a ******* paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac,” Scaramucci said. He channelled Priebus as he spoke: “ ‘Oh, Bill Shine is coming in. Let me leak the ******* thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months.’ ” 

“I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the ******* strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.” 

Truly sad.

If you are attempting to imply this is daily political rhetoric, you lost before you got started. LOL. Just saying.

8 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

If you are attempting to imply this is daily political rhetoric, you lost before you got started. LOL. Just saying.

I am attempting to illustrate that Trumps woes are not caused by the "daily political rhetoric" as you see it.

Straight-up reporting is sufficient.

Sorry if that wasn't sufficiently obvious.    (LOL)

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I am attempting to illustrate that Trumps woes are not caused by the "daily political rhetoric" as you see it.

Straight-up reporting is sufficient.

Sorry if that wasn't sufficiently obvious.    (LOL)

Your attempt was weak. Don't know what else to tell you.

27 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Your attempt was weak. Don't know what else to tell you.

Well, how about this one:

“Like when you guys put somebody in the car, and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put your hand over” their head, he said, putting his hand above his head for emphasis. “I said, ‘You can take the hand away, O.K.?’”

Your point that Trump brings some of the reports on himself is accurate. But that isn't the implication of the OP,  nor is it what I am referring to in this thread. It's as if you could not argue the merits of the OP and pivoted to something more to your liking. 

Archived