Ole MIss Fallout

auburnphan

Maybe Freeze will put in a good word to Shea Patterson to transfer to us like Riles did...you know, since Gus and Hugh are apparently such good friends. That would give us a stop gap until Nix arrives. I can dream cant I? 

17 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Maybe Freeze will put in a good word to Shea Patterson to transfer to us like Riles did...you know, since Gus and Hugh are apparently such good friends. That would give us a stop gap until Nix arrives. I can dream cant I? 

Have you given up on Fields and WIllis?

3 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Have you given up on Fields and WIllis?

I have no effing clue about Fields despite so much confidence by alleged Auburn insiders (not referring to 23 or WDE). Willis might very possibly be the next great QB at Auburn , but SP is much more proven given he has a half a season under his belt and given the fact that he was one of the highest rated QBs in his class.

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

I have no effing clue about Fields despite so much confidence by alleged Auburn insiders (not referring to 23 or WDE). Willis might very possibly be the next great QB at Auburn , but SP is much more proven given he has a half a season under his belt and given the fact that he was one of the highest rated QBs in his class.

0% chance Patterson comes to Auburn. He'll want to start immediately assuming they are given free releases. 

13 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

0% chance Patterson comes to Auburn. He'll want to start immediately assuming they are given free releases. 

Im afraid he goes to LSU. That could be a game changer for them especially when they play bama.

Right now he can't transfer and play immediately anyway.  OleMiss hasn't even gone before the COI, no sanctions have been handed down, the NCAA hasn't imposed a 2 yr bowl ban that would allow players to transfer and play immediately.

16 minutes ago, keesler said:

Right now he can't transfer and play immediately anyway.  OleMiss hasn't even gone before the COI, no sanctions have been handed down, the NCAA hasn't imposed a 2 yr bowl ban that would allow players to transfer and play immediately.

This... there are sportswriters calling for the free release of all players, but it hasn't happened and there's no reason to think it will in time for the season, because it would basically serve as the death penalty. Now, after the season, I could see it happen when they will have a recruiting class to help rebuild.

18 minutes ago, keesler said:

If players aren't getting free releases AND if Patterson were to transfer, that year of sitting out would make things more interesting. 

26 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

I read something on Twitter over the weekend, where Shea's dad said he won't be going anywhere.

I read the same thing. He essentially said, unless there is a mass exodus, Shea is staying put. The interesting part is that he left the door open. We'll see what happens. If he has to sit a year, I'd choose to play ball now and stay put.  

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

If players aren't getting free releases AND if Patterson were to transfer, that year of sitting out would make things more interesting. 

I read the same thing. He essentially said, unless there is a mass exodus, Shea is staying put. The interesting part is that he left the door open. We'll see what happens. If he has to sit a year, I'd choose to play ball now and stay put.  

Can't see the NCAA turning the players loose unless they want to destroy the program.....even Baylor did not get hit that hard.  I think PSU was a special case and I don't see the NCAA decimating a team that way again....hope they don't do that ....really bad for SEC to have a team like OM taken out of contention for years,

Just now, AU64 said:

Can't see the NCAA turning the players loose unless they want to destroy the program.....even Baylor did not get hit that hard.  I think PSU was a special case and I don't see the NCAA decimating a team that way again....hope they don't do that ....really bad for SEC to have a team like OM taken out of contention for years,

I'm with you. Someone told me that they were considering, but I never looked into it. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Of course, Baylor wasn't under NCAA investigation/charges. I could totally see it happen to Ole Miss, but not until the season is over.

An article I read on Yahoo Sports made a compelling argument for free transfers. Based on the accusations against Ole Miss, every player recruited for the past 2 years was basically lied to.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Of course, Baylor wasn't under NCAA investigation/charges. I could totally see it happen to Ole Miss, but not until the season is over.

An article I read on Yahoo Sports made a compelling argument for free transfers. Based on the accusations against Ole Miss, every player recruited for the past 2 years was basically lied to.

Don;t tell me that we are going to start holding it against coaches who lie to recruits....:)    Man it will be open season every year....

Just now, AU64 said:

Don;t tell me that we are going to start holding it against coaches who lie to recruits....:)    Man it will be open season every year....

It's the fact that they actually ran the equivalent of a campaign to lie about the contents of the NCAA investigation and the connection to the current coaching staff.  That's a little deeper and darker than "you'll start your freshman year".

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

It's the fact that they actually ran the equivalent of a campaign to lie about the contents of the NCAA investigation and the connection to the current coaching staff.  That's a little deeper and darker than "you'll start your freshman year".

So what about coaches who go out and recruit kids....and then bail out (or get dismissed) within the month ? .   You have a good point but gonna be hard to draw the line as to what is a serious lie......and I can't believe I'm saying this....:)

Just now, AU64 said:

So what about coaches who go out and recruit kids....and then bail out (or get dismissed) within the month ? .   You have a good point but gonna be hard to draw the line as to what is a serious lie......and I can't believe I'm saying this....:)

I think the NCAA draws the line in the fact that the school was actually knowingly and intentionally running an organized misinformation campaign. While I get what you are saying, a position coach lying about leaving, then leaving the day after signing day, while crappy, isn't even in the same ball park in my opinion. They always say, pick the school not the coach, but in the case of these kids, the school was actually misrepresenting what it was.

43 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OleMiss totally misrepresented the program prior to the NSD in 2016.  They were on a mission to save the 2016 class.  Nutt alleges that they went so far as to personally contact media members to push a false narrative and lay the blame for the NOA on Nutt's staff.  They had to save the class, so they had to lie to the recruits in that class as well.  

IMHO, the NCAA won't be granting any free releases/waivers to transfers until at least after OleMiss goes before the COI and the actual sanctions are handed down.  Which will be during or after the 2017 season.

What an absolute mess.   I do feel sorry for those players recruited (2016 - 2017?) and their families.  

I don't know the right thing, but I wish the NCAA would change things up and levy sanctions against coaches.  I know legally, they can't, but only one or two coaches have not been hired after crazy dirty tactics like this.

Briles prob won't be a HC again and some other guy someone posted last Spring.  Just about everyone else does return as a HC.  It's a big industry, plenty of talented coaches up and coming.  HF made his money.  Time to slither away into obscurity.  

Archived