Fall camp is near

WFE12

Just curious...What are you most looking forward to for this year's camp? Is there a player you want to see where he fits at like Whitlow? Do you really want the o-line to be situated early? Want someone to rise to the occasion? Or do you just want everyone to get through camp healthy and us to not find out someone is kicked off the team or suspended for something stupid? I myself am so glad to be close to not dealing with hypotheticals but real info soon.

8 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Just curious...What are you most looking forward to for this year's camp? Is there a player you want to see where he fits at like Whitlow? Do you really want the o-line to be situated early? Want someone to rise to the occasion? Or do you just want everyone to get through camp healthy and us to not find out someone is kicked off the team or suspended for something stupid? I myself am so glad to be close to not dealing with hypotheticals but real info soon.

Healthy would be great.

1. Stay healthy

2. How's the sitch at RT and LT play out? 

3. Is Jamel Dean fully recovered? 

4. Any potential contributors outta the freshman and redshirt secondary guys?

5. Is TD rep'n buck & backer?

I agree with @Gibson SG first and foremost "No arrests or unexpected dismissals/departures" - Numero Uno!

With that said, I want to see JS named starting QB asap (just get it over with) and I want to see how the OL shapes out.

On defense I want to hear about how much the QB would be killed if he weren't wearing an orange jersey.

Ditto keeping everybody healthy and off the front page. We gotta establish a wicked OL, and we gotta name Stidham the starter. I'd like to see something resembling depth in the secondary, and I wanna hear about Kyle Davis catching some passes with the 1s.

Get the OL set.  Get your #1 QB taking all the reps with the 1's ASAP.  You can announce the starter at QB at the Iron Bowl for all I care.

how many days it takes for gus to announce Stidham as THE starter and end the "qb competition".

19 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I would put them in this order:

1) OL settled
2) No off-field issues (including injuries)
3) Figure out the KRs
4) Figure out the 3-deep on the DL

1 and 2 are areas of mild concern. 3 is an area that will be fine, but could be a huge improvement. It will be a little funny when KJ is back on KOs again and everybody is mad. 4 is just exciting to think about. I just want to see those names on paper. 

The rest of it... there's either relative stability, or we just won't know anything until toe meets leather. (*cough* will the LindZahn experiment work *cough*)

16 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

1. Stay healthy

2. How's the sitch at RT and LT play out? 

This. If we can avoid injuries and get an OLINE that can gel/play together, watch out. 

1. Agressive attitude on both sides of the ball

2. OL positions/rotations: build OL chemistry

3. Depth in secondary

4. Establish/build chemistry between JS and receivers

And I forgot one.  I'd like to see a consistent punter emerge that isn't our place kicker.  He doesn't have to be great, just net close to 40 a kick with few returns and few touchbacks.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I would put them in this order:

1) OL settled
2) No off-field issues (including injuries)
3) Figure out the KRs
4) Figure out the 3-deep on the DL

1 and 2 are areas of mild concern. 3 is an area that will be fine, but could be a huge improvement. It will be a little funny when KJ is back on KOs again and everybody is mad. 4 is just exciting to think about. I just want to see those names on paper. 

The rest of it... there's either relative stability, or we just won't know anything until toe meets leather. (*cough* will the LindZahn experiment work *cough*)

KR does interest me. Count me in on the getting mad if KJ returning kicks again lol Someone just needs to get in Gus' ear & tell him we cant afford to get KJ injured returning kicks so we can move on to someone else.

First 3 weeks

I want very physical practices determine the men from the boys.  

3 Scrimmages - First 2 to about 50 plays for 1st 2nd teamers  the rest for the young guys.  3rd scrimmage all out 1v1's 2v2's 60 plays everyone can be hit but QB.

Name starting QB and Depth Chart for all positions at the end of week 3

Last couple weeks

Get legs back and find chemistry against scout teams and start working on first 3 game plans.  

24 minutes ago, corchjay said:

First 3 weeks

I want very physical practices determine the men from the boys.  

3 Scrimmages - First 2 to about 50 plays for 1st 2nd teamers  the rest for the young guys.  3rd scrimmage all out 1v1's 2v2's 60 plays everyone can be hit but QB.

Name starting QB and Depth Chart for all positions at the end of week 3

Last couple weeks

Get legs back and find chemistry against scout teams and start working on first 3 game plans.  

agree

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

And I forgot one.  I'd like to see a consistent punter emerge that isn't our place kicker.  He doesn't have to be great, just net close to 40 a kick with few returns and few touchbacks.

Brandon Marcello said there is a walkon that is getting a shot because Ian Shannon isnt getting it done. I am concerned about this. 

What I want to see:

1) Gus hands off the offense

2) QB settled by week 3

3) OL and DL starters settled by week 3

4) Somebody step up and take the punter job

5) No injuries

6) No stupidity causing distractions

Archived