Nature Boy Ric Flair gets an ESPN 30 for 30

GwillMac6

I think this was the perfect place to drop this news in!!!!!! hahahaha WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! the man who I pattern my daily vocab after! 

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think this was the perfect place to drop this news in!!!!!! hahahaha WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! the man who I pattern my daily vocab after! 

Stylin and Profilin...

46 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Stylin and Profilin...

jet flying limousine riding........

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

jet flying limousine riding........

Kiss stealin wheelin n' dealin!....

35 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Kiss stealin wheelin n' dealin!....

YAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! YOU KNOW!!!!! haha

This pretty much sums up my favorite moments of Flair  ...

ric-flair-flop-o.gif

He is truly an icon and I respect everything he has done for the sport.  I have enjoyed mimicking his movements in jest.  I had a hard time pulling for him though since he was always a threat to the wrestlers I liked the most. 

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

He is truly an icon and I respect everything he has done for the sport.  I have enjoyed mimicking his movements in jest.  I had a hard time pulling for him though since he was always a threat to the wrestlers I liked the most. 

I couldn't stand him as a kid. He'd come down to the Gulf Coast & lose to my favorites like Bullet Bob Armstrong & Austin Idol in nontitle matches only to beat them in the return title matches. I love him now though & realize how important he was in growing the sport I love. That man never stopped. He went from city to city all over the states & Japan defending the NWA World title  versus local territory stars. A side note I got to follow & meet Arn Anderson before he became a Horsemen. Pretty bad ass dude.

I met the man in Matthew's NC when I lived there.  We attended the same church for a while.  Nice guy and spent time with the kids.  My kids also met Dusty Rhodes as he lived in the same neighborhood we did for a while.  Another good guy that spend time with the kids amazingly, non of my kids went into professional wrestling. 

• 3 months later...

Less than an hour out! 

If I owned a Rolex and a pair of alligator shoes, I'd be wearing them right now! 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

Watched every 30 for 30 and this one was one of those that floored me. I grew up watching WCW right up until the Finger Poke of Doom, and Flair was always the constant. 

20 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Watched every 30 for 30 and this one was one of those that floored me. I grew up watching WCW right up until the Finger Poke of Doom, and Flair was always the constant. 

Him and Sting for me. Flair and Sting always put on great matches together. They were the last match on the very last Nitro in 2001 It's amazing that it's been 16, almost 17 years now since WCW  went out of business. It doesn't seem like it's been that long.

9 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Him and Sting for me. Flair and Sting always put on great matches together. They were the last match on the very last Nitro in 2001 It's amazing that it's been 16, almost 17 years now since WCW  went out of business. It doesn't seem like it's been that long.

We're getting old, man. Ever read wrestlecrap's Death of WCW? A must read for any wrestling fan from that era. It's depressing but cathartic. 

Why is this topic in a sports forum. Pro wrestling isn't a sport.  This topic should be in Fun & Games or All Things Considered.  

?   ?   ?   ?

7 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

We're getting old, man. Ever read wrestlecrap's Death of WCW? A must read for any wrestling fan from that era. It's depressing but cathartic. 

I have, I actually own that book. And yes, it's frustrating and depressing to read all the inside stuff that was going on.

Eric Bischoff and Flair disliked each other and so Bischoff made Flair's later years in WCW a joke. 

On 7/28/2017 at 9:42 AM, I_M4_AU said:

I met the man in Matthew's NC when I lived there.  We attended the same church for a while.  Nice guy and spent time with the kids.  My kids also met Dusty Rhodes as he lived in the same neighborhood we did for a while.  Another good guy that spend time with the kids amazingly, non of my kids went into professional wrestling. 

Documentary kinda made it seem like he never spent time with anybody's kids, esp. his own.

24 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Documentary kinda made it seem like he never spent time with anybody's kids, esp. his own.

Pretty sure he knows what happened to Reid was partly of his making. The part where he mentioned drinking with him, that he should have been a dad instead of a best friend, hit hard. 

10 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

I can’t speak to what the documentary stated, but over 30 years ago he took the opportunity to spend some time with the kids.  Albeit, at church and he was a captive audience, he was cordial and patient with the kids.  I will say that it was the only time he attended that church.  He possibly had some spousal pressure applied. :dunno:  

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I can’t speak to what the documentary stated, but over 30 years ago he took the opportunity to spend some time with the kids.  Albeit, at church and he was a captive audience, he was cordial and patient with the kids.  I will say that it was the only time he attended that church.  He possibly had some spousal pressure applied. :dunno:  

I believe you; that's an honest assessment. Watching the doc, I couldn't help but feel burdened for the guy...spent his whole life trying to answer the question "Who am I?"

7 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

I believe you; that's an honest assessment. Watching the doc, I couldn't help but feel burdened for the guy...spent his whole life trying to answer the question "Who am I?"

From my understanding he was not in the 2 oldest kids lives like at all that he had with his first wife. He was never around and on the road over 300 days a year. He was in the 2 youngest kids lives from his second wife a lot more. He softened a little bit when he got older and his schedule let up some. I hate that for his 2 oldest kids. You could tell in the 30 for 30 they do not have the same close relationship with their dad as charlotte and reid do/did. They harbor a lot of ill will towards him but in their defense it is for good reason. I thought one of the best moments of the doc was when he was tearing up saying his proudest and best moment of his career was nothing he had done but instead it was  watching all of the success his daughter has had. That is awesome. I loved that. 

• 2 weeks later...

I remember watching NWA/WCW as a kid and Ric Flair was always this kind-of self-deprecating (in the ring) douche who sandbagged an entire match, only to win at the very end. He didn't look all monster roided like the WWF guys or Lex Luger/Sid Vicious. He came across like a goofball to me, but he certainly had the chops for the gig.

Archived