What happened to the forum?

LKEEL75

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Go get the surgery, you'll be glad you did.  You may never need reading glasses again.

Had lasik 15 years ago and don't wear glasses ..and never needed them until this week...?  

Doc told me I might need attention to cataract sometime in years to come...and I can still see a golf ball from 200 + yards....It is the forum that is giving me fits...?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see the black writing on dark blue background! Anyone else having trouble with this? Especially at bottom of page under "follow"!

3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Doesn't bother me lol, just posting if I see things

I noticed that as well. I then hit the like button again, which grouped it all together. So who knows.  :dunno:

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Had lasik 15 years ago and don't wear glasses ..and never needed them until this week...?  

Doc told me I might need attention to cataract sometime in years to come...and I can still see a golf ball from 200 + yards....It is the forum that is giving me fits...?

I hear ya, I had the surgery about 8 years ago and I didn't have cataracts.  I was not a candidate for lasik, corneas too shallow, so I had my lens replaced.  It was the best thing I did.  There was a little anxiety though during the procedure.

I'm still messing with it ... a little bit of a devil ... gone back to the all white and going to layer in some light blue/grey trim .. think that's our best bet to get everything to display.  As always, your patience is appreciated. 

19 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I'm still messing with it ... a little bit of a devil ... gone back to the all white and going to layer in some blue trim .. think that's our best bet to get everything to display.  As always, your patience is appreciated. 

Thank you! 

6 hours ago, toddc said:

I can't see the black writing on dark blue background! Anyone else having trouble with this? Especially at bottom of page under "follow"!

Thanks for fixing this 

@RunInRed looks like you have a < sign in your html footer just above the 'Contact Us' line.  It is on every page so I am assuming it is in your footer and not just the same typeo on all the pages.  I am seeing it on desktop and mobile.

Also, how is the banner at the top for Countdown to football making it past AdBlock?  Is this something the forum is supporting?

20 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

@RunInRed looks like you have a < sign in your html footer just above the 'Contact Us' line.  It is on every page so I am assuming it is in your footer and not just the same typeo on all the pages.  I am seeing it on desktop and mobile.

Also, how is the banner at the top for Countdown to football making it past AdBlock?  Is this something the forum is supporting?

Fixed.  Nice catch ... thanks.

Why are you ad blocking the site?  Just for that, I demand you click on multiple banners for the rest of the week. ;)

5 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Why are you ad blocking the site?  Just for that, I demand you click on multiple banners for the rest of the week. ;)

hahahaha

Looking pretty good...either my eyes have gotten adjusted or else most of the color contrasts are manageable though a couple of black text on dark navy banner at the bottom of the page.....still there in a couple places but nothing critical I guess.

On 7/28/2017 at 10:12 AM, TitanTiger said:

We had negative reputation enabled at one time and it just created hard feelings and people ganging up on folks simply for expressing an unpopular (but perhaps accurate) opinion.  We felt it better to just allow the "plus" responses and people could gauge who generally posts worthwhile stuff from that.

Smart. Keep it positive. 

I can't tell if my machine has a virus or the site has been hacked.  So is anyone else seeing assorted adds within the text of the messages?  Something like...

image.png

12 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I am gonna guess since no one else has said anything then it is just my machine. 

I haven't been getting that but I have had my security program logging me off the site a lot lately.

33 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I'm not seeing anything like that ... anyone else?

Just checked with 64 bit versions of Opera, Firefox. Chrome and Edge and all are fine.  Wonder if the OP has picked up an ad inserting Trojan?

27 minutes ago, Tiger said:

lmao dang @lkeel75 where are you spending your time on the interwebs when you're not on AUFamily??

That is the funny thing.  This is my work laptop and it is the most restrictive network settings I have ever been around.  

Archived