What happened to the forum?

LKEEL75

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Everything got so dark all the sudden.  It is hard to see any of the black font on the blue.

the darkest timeline is upon us friend! tumblr_inline_o8fzv1YVkE1qh5qab_500.gif

36 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Everything got so dark all the sudden.  It is hard to see any of the black font on the blue.

Apparently we do now have optional responses other than "like" (though I don't read emoji's well).

6 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I was wondering if I was the only one experiencing the change. Thought maybe my phone went crazy. Looks like a bad update or something. 

what you talking about?! we get cool emojis when liking someones post now! lol

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

what you talking about?! we get cool emojiis when liking someones post now! lol

Who said that?

1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Apparently we do now have optional responses other that "like" (though I don't read emoji's well).

Neither does Greg Brown. It is ok fam. You are in good company.

Just now, bigbird said:

Who said that?

who's on first?

Some evil plan to keep newbies from getting their post count up?

Leaves very little excuse for the traditional

"^This^" or

"Ditto" or 

"Thanks!" or

all the other old traditionals.

1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Some evil plan to keep newbies from getting their post count up?

Leaves very little excuse for the traditional

"^This^" or

"Ditto" or 

"Thanks!" or

all the other old traditionals.

I appreciate upgrades and bringing things forward, but somebody needs to check the style sheet one more time and change the black text to something readable.

Forum software update.  Sometimes it messes with the skin and @RunInRed has to go in and manually fix some of the colors in sections.  It'll get worked out in the next couple of days I'd imagine.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Forum software update.  Sometimes it messes with the skin and @RunInRed has to go in and manually fix some of the colors in sections.  It'll get worked out in the next couple of days I'd imagine.

I will say that it does look pretty cool on mobile but on my laptop it is rough to see.

The reactions are a nice touch IMO I suppose the "confused" reaction will be the disagree button?

Are we still limited to 25/day?

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Still no angry or thumbs down though . What gives ?!

I'm no expert, but would that require incorporating subtraction (-) capabilities to the response count under our Avis? Could someone lose right to open a thread?

I'm reminded of a George Carlin routine wondering about the everlasting fate of Friday meat-eaters after the rules were changed.

39 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

image.png update GIF

22 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I'm no expert, but would that require incorporating subtraction (-) capabilities to the response count under our Avis? Could someone lose right to open a thread?

I'm reminded of a George Carlin routine wondering about the everlasting fate of Friday meat-eaters after the rules were changed.

That's a good question . There would be negative responses counter though lol. 

We had negative reputation enabled at one time and it just created hard feelings and people ganging up on folks simply for expressing an unpopular (but perhaps accurate) opinion.  We felt it better to just allow the "plus" responses and people could gauge who generally posts worthwhile stuff from that.

32 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

We had negative reputation enabled at one time and it just created hard feelings and people ganging up on folks simply for expressing an unpopular (but perhaps accurate) opinion.  We felt it better to just allow the "plus" responses and people could gauge who generally posts worthwhile stuff from that.

I'd say that is a very good decision. 

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

So is a thumbs up a positive response or something?  my poor little ole 255 while you have almost 3K.

If you click on the heart at the bottom right of a post, that's a "like" or a "+1".  The little trophy icon (Thanks) or laughing emoji will also give a +1 to a person's reputation.  The others:  "confused" or "sad" simply register your reaction but don't do anything to the reputation rating.

Archived