2017 Fall Camp - Mon, July 31 (First Practice)

RunInRed

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dirty mike was laying the wood in the spring game

1 minute ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Same as it was. These 2 were never going to be on the 3 deep this year.

Gonzalez maybe not, but Dirty Mike provided much needed utilitarian depth on the back end.

The Jason Smith move makes even more sense now. 

Young uns like Meyers, Peters, & Leonard need to bring it.

All this talk about Dirty Mike being so useful at numerous positions and he transfers...? I guess it has to be expected now that someone is going to transfer, become  ineligible, or something every year at camp and before.

31 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

So what's our projected 3 deep at both safety spots now? 

Trey         Roberts

Ruffin      Ruffin

Smith       Smith

Peters     Peters

34 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Dirty mike was laying the wood in the spring game

He did every year and then never played during the season...except during the 4th qtr of Idaho, Ala&m, et al.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Trey         Roberts

Ruffin      Ruffin

Smith       Smith

Peters     Peters

Do you think any of the cornerbacks will move to safety?

1 minute ago, aufan57 said:

Do you think any of the cornerbacks will move to safety?

I believe Dean, Dinson, and Thomas will also be in the mix.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I believe Dean, Dinson, and Thomas will also be in the mix.

I'm still calling Whitlow after a few practices.  He has the skill to go to the next level as a Safety not sure he does as a running back.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I'm still calling Whitlow after a few practices.  He has the skill to go to the next level as a Safety not sure he does as a running back.

I'd love for that to happen

In Gus' presser.  QB's won't go live in scrimmages.  Makes me think they have the starter in mind already.  Wants OL locked down by end of second week.  Rest was typical coach speak.  

Bird, I suspect we'll see Thomas as the first man up as Ruffin. If Smith pans out, he'll be the fifth guy. If not, I'd expect Dean or Peters (in that order). Dean just makes a ton of sense with his size.

Dinson is going to play a ton at Nickel, and to my eye, he's a true CB. I feel good about Carlton and Javaris with Dinson, Broussard, and Leonard working behind them. Dean can fit in there, but he seems more like a NB/S. He's a big boy. 

2 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Bird, I suspect we'll see Thomas as the first man up as Ruffin. If Smith pans out, he'll be the fifth guy. If not, I'd expect Dean or Peters (in that order). Dean just makes a ton of sense with his size.

Dinson is going to play a ton at Nickel, and to my eye, he's a true CB. I feel good about Carlton and Javaris with Dinson, Broussard, and Leonard working behind them. Dean can fit in there, but he seems more like a NB/S. He's a big boy. 

Don't forget Malcolm Askew at CB. He enrolled early and went through spring practice.

19 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Would love to have Dean's size, speed, and strength at CB though. It would help a ton against receivers like Deon Cain.

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

Of that live clip.   One player stood out more that the others and that was #55.   He jogged out to practice while the others walked.     I always jogged on and off the field...   That is a leader to be IMO.  

Archived