2017 Fall Camp - Mon, July 31 (First Practice)

RunInRed

1 minute ago, The Plainsman said:

Of that live clip.   One player stood out more that the others and that was #55.   He jogged out to practice while the others walked.     I always jogged on and off the field...   That is a leader to be IMO.  

That's TD Moultry

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Bird, I suspect we'll see Thomas as the first man up as Ruffin. If Smith pans out, he'll be the fifth guy. If not, I'd expect Dean or Peters (in that order). Dean just makes a ton of sense with his size.

Dinson is going to play a ton at Nickel, and to my eye, he's a true CB. I feel good about Carlton and Javaris with Dinson, Broussard, and Leonard working behind them. Dean can fit in there, but he seems more like a NB/S. He's a big boy. 

Very well could. Dinson, to me, will shine at NS. I don't envy CGB this year.

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

The guys look impressive in the walkout video.  Davidson looks like a beast.  Our big WR's are bigger then our LBs lol.  D. Davis doesn't look anywhere close to 247 lbs that they had him listed during the summer.  

I had to go look up who #3 was when I saw that monster. Haha

Marlon needs a cool nickname from the fans.  Any suggestions?

Butcher?

Killer Clown? (since he's always smiling)

Motor?

Mr. Hustle?

Never will forget from this site the nickname the board gave Tray Blackmon... Rod used it on the radio. " Lil Ball of Hate"

Maybe Marlon could be the "Big Ball of Hate"

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Of that live clip.   One player stood out more that the others and that was #55.   He jogged out to practice while the others walked.     I always jogged on and off the field...   That is a leader to be IMO.  

I said that when I saw that too...Also dontavious can sing.

7 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Is it just me, or does Tre kinda look like a younger version of Dennis Haysbert?

7675312.jpg

Wow...He sure does. "What's in your wallet?"

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Don't forget Holland (#5). He freaking skipped out of the locker room and was fired up in every clip you saw him in. I think he's taken Garner's words about being a leader to heart.

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

Marlon needs a cool nickname from the fans.  Any suggestions?

Butcher?

Killer Clown? (since he's always smiling)

Motor?

Mr. Hustle?

Never will forget from this site the nickname the board gave Tray Blackmon... Rod used it on the radio. " Lil Ball of Hate"

You could make a play off of his name by using his first name Marlin, as in the fish. 

1. Marlon "The Holy Mackerel" Davidson

2. Big Blue Marlon Davidson

11 hours ago, corchjay said:

the nickname the board gave Tray Blackmon... Rod used it on the radio. " Lil Ball of Hate"

I believe you've answered your own question, Corch. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I believe you've answered your own question, Corch. 

Is this like church where we have to have a second to make it official?

Big ball of Hate

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Big ball of Hate

I honestly love it. If he doesn't have a sophomore slump, I think it will stick. 

40 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Big ball of Hate

I was kind of hoping, by mid-season, he would have earned the moniker Marlon "Backfield" Davidson.

22 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I was kind of hoping, by mid-season, he would have earned the moniker Marlon "Backfield" Davidson.

Ooh, that's pretty strong also...

2 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

"Marlonspike," a tool for unraveling lines?

You and your fancy maritime vocabulary. Pfft. 

Full disclosure: guessed it before googling it. 

I'm most excited about the leadership that we have on this team. We've got a good group overall, and a handful of really exceptional guys. Love the enthusiasm.

On that note, Chandler Cox reminds me more and more of Lutz the longer that he's here. He's going to make everyone around him better. 

I know that it's the first day back, but you definitely get the sense that these guys understand the opportunity they have this season. Belief is the word that comes to mind. That's a really big deal.

Archived