**Official 2017 "Nip Watch"** Called-0900 8/24!!

WarTim

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Bought some school supplies for my kids yesterday...

Bet they loved that lol. I hated those times as a kid.

It sure felt good the last couple of mornings.  Plenty of hot left but it was a nice  break from the heat.  Maybe the nip will come early this year!

Felt like early Oct here yesterday and today...low 60s in the morning and just over 80 by mid afternoon....light breeze and very little humidity....great day for golf forecast for tomorrow AM...

In addition to the cooler mornings in the 60's the past few days the local radio station guys were talking about the high school football season yesterday. Small town with nothing to do on Friday nights but go to the game. It's getting closer. 

You know, I've been stuck in eternal summer, down here in SW Florida for the past 2 years. It's been tough, I will be honest - I'm a mountain boy, and I like fall and winter, and here it's flat and hot and it just...never...ends. The past 2 Thanksgiving and Christmases have been 90 degrees. It's been tough to get in the football mood - thankfully, that also means I am allowed to pretend that the last couple of seasons have been nothing more than a fever dream - perhaps one brought on by endless heat, or perhaps from constant exposure to folks who think football has something to do with the NFL.

Except.

I have my new orders, finally, officially. In just another 66 days, I get to come back home to Atlanta, where people understand what barbeque is (no, bless your heart, its not just a grilled hot dog), appreciate sweet tea (I'm still not sure how they get the sugar out of it down here, since I could have sworn that sweet was how God made it in the first place) - but most of all, I get to come home where the air will turn cool and all good men, women, and children will spend their week waiting for Saturdays. As nature intended.

Is the nip here yet? No...but by golly, it's calling me. Get the tailgate, the drinks, and the family ready - it's time to come home. WDE. The nip is coming.

12 hours ago, alexava said:

I just scrolled two pages without reading a comment.... boobs, where are the pictures?

Beer-gut-man-boobs-no-testosterone.jpg

Down in central Florida, we just spent a couple of days in the rain from a tropical storm.  This is usually a sign that fall is coming soon.  It's still a matter of  concentrating on Hope rather than on the thermometer....

Folks, The Nip must be getting closer. I got to experience the smell of someone in the neighborhood burning leaves/branches today. (Dead tree. Not Fall leaves). Still a great sign for my senses...?

Absolutely gorgeous day here in Southeast Tennessee. Mowed without breaking a horrendous sweat and was a bit chilled after an afternoon swim. Only 1 more empty weekend until the local High Schools seasons get underway and school starts Monday. I love this time of year. 

Caught a whiff in PCB this past Tuesday. Never thought I'd feel it down there, but it finds you. 

I'm in Mobile and it never really feels like Football season weather wise like it does in Auburn.  Usually September is a miserable month weather wise in terms of humidity.  It's every bit as bad as August.  Sometime we don't get a hint of fall weather until last week of October.  

In your best Morgan freeman voice:

There's a big, beautiful full moon tonight over Auburn. There's a cool breeze and a feeling of anticipation. I can smell barbecue and burboun in the distance. The quiet night will soon lead to cheers. There's no victory without a fight...soon Tigers, it will be time.

Archived