**Official 2017 "Nip Watch"** Called-0900 8/24!!

WarTim

Okay Folks. Let's hear it. Those sights-sounds-even smells that tell You The Nip is near. War Eagle!!!

For the newly initiated, what is the Nip Watch, you might ask?

27a1.png➡️ Read Here ...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(To be read by Morgan Freeman)

The first days of school are rolling in, and as I stepped outside this morning on this beautiful Auburn day, dew collected on the toes of my shoes. No, it's not the nip yet, not until WarTim has declared, but the first signs of Nipage are in the air.  What's that I hear in the distance? Are those the rattatats of snare drums from the band and whistles from the coaches? Oh glorious days are ahead.

...war eagle indeed.

Praise the Lord and pass the Copperhead, it's go time. Just had a cup of coffee sitting on my back porch and although it's gonna be a hot one today, it's currently a very football like 72 degrees. Good start so far. :)

Low humidity and a slight hint,  a whiff on the wind of something on a cool morning. Not quite a 'nip  in the air yet, but... 

9 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We going to be in the mid 90's this afternoon. Is nice while it lasted. 

Mid 90s is 9 degrees cooler than our weekend-- cold front!

this past weekend definitely felt like football was near. Temps in the 80s and even a bit cool at night and in the morning. Thought it was he perfect taste of fall with practices getting started. Anticipation is building fast!

15 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Was 66 in West Vance at six am. Great morning to workout. Getting in shape for the season.

I can only assume you are starting 2 a days this week.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We going to be in the mid 90's this afternoon. Is nice while it lasted. 

well, blocking high should keep humidity down a bit.

WDE

Up for my 5am run in Auburn, 66 yesterday, 64 this morning.  But alas, the dogs days of August will not let us get by that easy.  Hotter days ahead before we get the nip...

The local high school football players had their uniforms on this week selling Coupon booklets at an intersection in town.  Band camp has started for my cousins who are still in high school.  Later in the week, I will be in the Smokies.  I am pretty sure it will have a good feel to it there as well.  Getting close.

Band camp is over and done, F1 on summer break, and the mornings are becoming noticeably cooler. Local radio is picking up the varsity talk as well as SEC action. I do so love the calm before the storm!

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

68 Degrees this AM in South Alabama. 

It was very nice this morning but hot this afternoon. Not as hot and humid as it has been though. Where in South Alabama are you? 

One of the kids at Church on Sunday told me the Allen Band was starting to practice this week . That and after multiple 100 degree days both Sunday and Monday were low 90's. For North Texas in late July early August low 90's is cool. We are getting close to the nip.

Archived