2019 Joseph Stone

corchjay

No profile that I can find.  Remember this name though.  I expect him to enter the site rankings around 12th in the state.  That'll be right around a 4 star grade usually.

6' 9" 360lbs.  

Also he's been dominating P. Quick (2019 bama commit) in fall practice.  

FYI- Gator fan grew up in Savannah, uncle played for UF but visited AU 2 weeks ago and AU visited him last week and extended an offer.

24 minutes ago, gravejd said:

OT AND OG...he'll actually play one entire side of the OL

Interesting idea.  I was thinking about the ramifications to the offense if you only had to have 4 OL, but the only advantage I could see is possibly in the running game.  You can still only have a maximum of 5 eligible receivers (technically 6 if you count the QB) as the rules only allow 4 players in the backfield (one of whom is the QB)  and only 2 players on the line can be 'uncovered' (i.e., there is no other player on the line between them and the closest sideline).  It seems the only advantage would be in going with some kind of Wildcat/unbalanced line formation.

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

OT?

Would have to be. Imagine a 6'9" storage building sitting in the middle of the line and the QB trying to look around it for his target. 

6 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Interesting idea.  I was thinking about the ramifications to the offense if you only had to have 4 OL, but the only advantage I could see is possibly in the running game.  You can still only have a maximum of 5 eligible receivers (technically 6 if you count the QB) as the rules only allow 4 players in the backfield (one of whom is the QB)  and only 2 players on the line can be 'uncovered' (i.e., there is no other player on the line between them and the closest sideline).  It seems the only advantage would be in going with some kind of Wildcat/unbalanced line formation.

We could go unbalanced, him on one side and the rest on the other.

Archived