2017 Fall Camp - Wed, Aug 2 (Day 3)

RunInRed

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Just want to make sure we are still all on board with referring to Marlon Davidson as "Big Fish" (Marlin)

Big Ball of Hate.  Although this topic may need it's own thread

• Over on the defensive line, Marlon Davidson had a massive elbow brace on, but he was going through practice at full speed.
  • One interesting note on quarterbacks: Auburn worked on taking snaps from under center and tossing the ball out to the running backs on pitch plays. That’s a rarity under Gus Malzahn and something that doesn’t happen much during the viewing windows.
  • Media members got a good look at three different offensive line units in a shortened protection drill and individual unit work. The first unit remained the same, but there was a twist on down the line. Kaleb Kim worked at left guard instead of center, and true freshman Nick Brahms was the third center. Calvin Ashley at left tackle highlighted the rest of the third unit.
    • 1st offensive line
      • LT: Darius James
      • LG: Marquel Harrell
      • C: Austin Golson
      • RG: Mike Horton
      • RT: Braden Smith
  • Auburn worked on kick return and punt return during the window. Head coach Gus Malzahn worked closely with the punt returners, which consisted of Stephen Roberts, Ryan Davis and Griffin King. The punters, again, were Ian Shannon and walk-on Aidan Marshall.
  • Over at kick return, Javaris Davis, Eli Stove and true freshman Noah Igbinoghene took kickoffs from Anders CarlsonDaniel Carlson did individual work on the back field.
  • The window ended with stretching, and Jarrett Stidham made it a point to slap hands with every offensive player in the front row before it began. (Except for roommate and H-back Chandler Cox, who got a headbutt.)

Read More: https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-football-practice-report-fall-camp-day-3 

That's some crazy OL depth

• 1st offensive line
    • LT: Darius James
    • LG: Marquel Harrell
    • C: Austin Golson
    • RG: Mike Horton
    • RT: Braden Smith
  • 2nd offensive line
    • LT: Prince Tega Wanogho
    • LG: Kaleb Kim
    • C: Casey Dunn
    • RG: Wilson Bell
    • RT: Bailey Sharp
  • 3rd offensive line
    • LT: Calvin Ashley
    • LG: Trent Kelley
    • C: Nick Brahms
    • RG: Tyler Carr
    • RT: Prince Sammons

23 minutes ago, corchjay said:

When the media first walked onto the practice field, Auburn had a freshman-filled defense working on alignment. Markaviest Bryant was at Buck, and T.D. Moultry and K.J. Britt made up the two linebacker unit.

^^^Goodness. We stacked!!

14 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Ashley third team, looks like he's headed for a redshirt.

It's day 3 and haven't even went full pads yet.  Give it a week or so and maybe we will have a little more information.  Ashley is very good at run blocking but pass pro he needs some work.  I wouldn't expect him to be a starter this year unless something tragic were to happen.  

I would take Chandler Cox as my go to favorite this year. That guy comes ready EVERY PRACTICE. He is FIRED up. I love that energy he has. He loves what he is doing. In fact, of all the things I've observed from these practice clips it's the energy the entire team has. They seem to click. This team is fired up in every video. Call it pumping sunshine but I think this team is something special. Something about them feels different than in the past. 

Archived