2017 AU Football Man Crush

ValleyTiger

PFF Draft Watch: Auburn G Braden Smith keeps Stidham clean

GettyImages-602238824-copy.jpg?w=916&h=7AUBURN, AL - SEPTEMBER 10: Quarterback Sean White #13 of the Auburn Tigers carries the ball behind offensive lineman Braden Smith #71 of the Auburn Tigers during their game against the Arkansas State Red Wolves at Jordan Hare Stadium on September 10, 2016 in Auburn, Alabama. (Photo by Michael Chang/Getty Images)
  • We highlighted Auburn guard Braden Smith as one of the top prospects to watch this weekend because of his matchup against Mississippi State’s Jeffrey Simmons, and Smith put on a near-flawless performance.
  • Smith did not surrender a pressure in pass protection, and put up a run-blocking grade of 82.9. For the season, he has an overall grade of 87.2, which ranks seventh in the country among all guards.
  • The NFL understands the transition for Auburn linemen can be a difficult one, especially in terms of pass protection, but Smith will be hard for teams to ignore considering his production to date this season and his natural size and strength.

1705-Braden-Smith-Update.jpg

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pff-draft-watch-auburn-g-braden-smith-keeps-stidham-clean/?utm_content=buffer0a904&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=college

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMG_6461_ymugi5.jpg
photo credit: @benjaminwolk

My man Derrick keeps pressuring QBs and swallowing RBs. Had 3 tackles against Moo U. Stay on the grind, Derrick! :muscles:

The DL has been the catalyst for the a Top 10 ranking in both Scoring Defense and Total Defense. :punk:

13 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

My man Derrick keeps pressuring QBs and swallowing RBs. Had 3 tackles against Moo U. Stay on the grind, Derrick! :muscles:

The DL has been the catalyst for the a Top 10 ranking in both Scoring Defense and Total Defense. :punk:

Without being a qualified analyst, or an analyst at all, I would guess that the interior DL has had a lot to do with the success our DEs have been having getting to the QB. Not many pockets to step into. 

My boy Daniel Thomas just doin his thing.  Stopped ANOTHER fake punt, laid some big hits, would have had an interception if not for his cast.  No big deal though for the former 2* prospect...

Slow and steady...

“NOTEWORTHY

Auburn kicker Daniel Carlson broke the SEC career record for consecutive extra points with 162, passing   John Becksvoort of Tennessee (1991-94).”

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-Football-Report-The-Miss-State-game-statistics-more-108260068

By my (fingers and toes) analysis - 13 points to conference all-time scoring,

and my tortoise would probably be happy as a clam if they were all PATs.

With him.

WDE

Image result for carlton davis auburn mississippi state

FOUR PBUs in one night?!? That's my man(crush)! Number 6 in my program, number 1 in my heart.

On 10/1/2017 at 9:52 AM, aujeff11 said:

Pretty sure he turns 28 in December lol.

Ive talked to him several times. Great guy.

I happened to see him after the game and gave him kudos in person. lol

You could tell after that win, the boys were all smiles and knew they had a good thing going. Confidence goes a long way on the football field!

54 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Lol, I was just coming over here to holla at ya with this. Absolutely beautiful to watch and confirmation that DB is doing a man's work, even if he's not racking up the sexy stats. 

Hopefully this week will be "Miller Time", as in Malik "the Masher" Miller getting some well deserved carries and showing what he can bring to the table.  ;)

48 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Hopefully this week will be "Miller Time", as in Malik "the Masher" Miller getting some well deserved carries and showing what he can bring to the table.  ;)

You picked a good one. Hopefully the staff will soon, too.

Although I'm dialing back my criticism of their handling of that just a little. They might be counting on needing a healthy Miller (and Barrett) down the stretch and, with KJ and KP both having injuries that probably just aren't going to get better with a couple or even few weeks or rest, might be making sure that *all* of our RBs don't get hurt before UGA (again... I mean, good gravy, can we catch a break???). If we run the table until November and then beat UGA with a fully healthy Miller and Barrett (and Martin?), then I will offer Gus a full, unqualified apology.

Just depends on how much, if at all, we're exacerbating the starters' injuries by repping them so hard. I have no clue. 

I LOVE this thread, because I love all the props these kids are getting from everyone!!! You guys rock!!! This should become a new tradition every year on this forum. I wonder if the players read it? :Sing:

My Coach Chip crush is holding up fairly well thus far. 

On 10/5/2017 at 9:42 AM, McLoofus said:

You picked a good one. Hopefully the staff will soon, too.

Although I'm dialing back my criticism of their handling of that just a little. They might be counting on needing a healthy Miller (and Barrett) down the stretch and, with KJ and KP both having injuries that probably just aren't going to get better with a couple or even few weeks or rest, might be making sure that *all* of our RBs don't get hurt before UGA (again... I mean, good gravy, can we catch a break???). If we run the table until November and then beat UGA with a fully healthy Miller and Barrett (and Martin?), then I will offer Gus a full, unqualified apology.

Just depends on how much, if at all, we're exacerbating the starters' injuries by repping them so hard. I have no clue. 

Love the optimism in hoping the coaches have a plan.  The scenario that you presented can only be logical in the world of Gus.  It flies in the face of conventional thinking.

KJ has to be very disciplined in his running not allowing the instinct to accelerate in certain situations to let the pulling hammy to “heal” while he is playing.  One would think that MM will see some playing time to allow KP to rest and heal.  We’ll see today and I would love to see Kmart in for KJ, but I don’t know the extent of Kmarts injury.  It must be much worse than a pulled muscle.

You just can’t rely on what Gus says, just on what you see on game day.

Archived