2017 AU Football Man Crush

ValleyTiger

I hear Mr. Derrick Brown is hungry!

and the only thing on the menu this week is :corndog: 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My "boy" Paw Paw climbing up the leader board!!!

Tackles Def Int Fumbles
Rk Player Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds Avg TD PD FR Yds TD FF
1 Tre' Williams 18 13 31 2.5 2.5                  
2 Deshaun Davis 14 15 29 0.0 0.0         1        
3 Darrell Williams 11 14 25 3.0 0.5                  
4 Tray Matthews 15 9 24 0.0 0.0 1 0 0.0 0 0 1     0
5 Stephen Roberts 14 8 22 5.0 0.0         2        
6 Montavious Atkinson 11 10 21 1.5 1.0                 1
7 Derrick Brown 11 10 21 5.5 1.5         1        
8 Daniel Thomas 12 7 19 0.0 0.0 1 0 0.0 0 2 1     0
9 Jeremiah Dinson 15 4 19 1.5 0.0         1 1     0
10 Jamel Dean 13 5 18 1.5 0.0         5      

Hoping to see my boy Devan Barrett get more reps.  He has looked solid when in there.  

Well, well well.  

Malik "the Masher" again gets zero touches, and neither Martin nor Barrett get carries. 

The vaunted trio of NCM, Davis and McClain get zero targets....again.

Gentlemen, I still love that you chose Auburn on NSD.  I still look forward to each of you getting the touches so you can showcase your abilities and grow as a player.  However, it saddens me to say, that you should all realistically consider lining up your transfer options.  Nothing is going to change for you under this regime. 

A ray of sunshine? Mr. Carlson to 17th on the charts (with a bullet).

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/leaders/points-player-career.html

Alas, a cloud? I suspect* that Mr. Carlson would gladly trade one of those FGs for one more PAT-attempt opportunity.

All I got.

[* Though I sometimes feel like our relationship has grown to the point we can finish each other's sentences, I have no real evidence that it's requited.]

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

@AidiAU Was gonna post this in the KD thread but ya know...it's locked. Still wish him the best 

He kills me. Such a heartbreaker. 

I resepect his goodbye message though. Oddly enough, Sean finally posted something on social yesterday too. 

Ugh. Do I get to choose a new crush?! ??‍♀️

and the hits just keep on coming

This guy makes it too easy

"On Thursday, Auburn kicker Daniel Carlson was nominated for the 2017 Wuerffel Trophy, an award known as “College Football’s Premier Award for Community Service” and presented annually to the FBS player who best combines exemplary community service with athletic and academic achievement."

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/101917aad.html

Mr. Carlson moves up to #11 on NCAA all-time career scoring, with no active players above him.

Six more points to pass Kyle Brotzman and enter the Top Ten.

May be a bit biased, but I suspect he can do that in the bye-week.

My man crush is Chip. If Gus would stop crushing my man, my man has proven he would be "crushing it"...?

Carl Lawson's highest single season sack total at Auburn was 9.5. Jeff Holland currently sits at 8.0. He is averaging a sack per game.

Auburn's single season record is 12. We have 4 regular season games remaining and have become bowl eligible. 

(And while I'm patting myself on the back for having crushed wisely, I'll add that Kerryon Johnson is an every-down, between-the-tackles running back.)

For you and your man crush @triangletiger:

an excerpt:

On Coe’s 22 tackles this season — 11 solo and 11 assisted, which translates to a 16.5 tackle mark on the FSH site — the offense hasn’t had a single successful play, run or pass.

“Probably the biggest thing is that young guys, you can see pass rush early — the skill set to pass rush,” Auburn defensive end Kevin Steele said Tuesday night. “But the other thing is that he’s really improved his run game play, his technique on run blocks.”

That 0.0 success rate is rare in college football this late in the season. Not only is Coe the only SEC defender with that number on double-digit tackles, he’s one of only four in the nation’s top 40 teams per S&P+ ratings.

The other three are Ohio State defensive end Chase Young, Ohio State linebacker Baron Browning and South Florida defensive end Mike Love. Coe has the most tackles from that group by a decent margin.

FULL ARTICLE by @JFergusonAU

On 10/23/2017 at 10:49 AM, lkeel75 said:

Glad to see my man crush getting his healthy and starting to look like the KP from last year.

Well this sucks for my man crush...

Not my man crush, but I hope Jeremiah Dinson has a career day on Saturday.  It will come full circle for him, 2 years after his devastating injury on Kyle Field.  Want nothing but the best for him.

And of course, if he misses anything, my actual man crush, Daniel Thomas will surely pick up the slack.

Third time's a charm?

"Auburn kicker Daniel Carlson was named a semifinalist for the 2017 Lou Groza Award on Thursday."

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110217aac.html

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Not my guy but KJ now needs 152 rush yards to get to the big 1,000.  Let's get it vs UGA!

lbgo.gif

Congrats to Braden, SEC offensive lineman of the week.

Aidan co-freshman of the week, also. Averaged 47.4 yds per punt.wow!

Archived