2017 AU Football Man Crush

ValleyTiger

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks at home, folks at home! ICYMI: Brown's stat line vs GSU - 6 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 1 sack :cheer:

12 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Folks at home, folks at home! ICYMI: Brown's stat line vs GSU - 6 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 1 sack :cheer:

They say it's always darkest before the dawn, but then I remember that DB, Marlon and Coe are all just 2nd year guys. 

My man crush Tre' Williams at the top!

Edit: Even more important, Tray Matthews only had to make one business decision the whole game.

Auburn Defense
  TACKLES MISC
  TOT SOLO SACKS TFL PD QB HUR TD
Tre' Williams 10 6 2 2 0 1 0
Derrick Brown 6 1 0 1.5 0 0 0
Jeff Holland 5 4 1 2 0 1 0
Marlon Davidson 4 3 2 2 0 1 0
Nick Coe 4 2 0 1 0 0 0
Stephen Roberts 4 1 0 2 0 0 0
Dontavius Russell 3 2 0 0 0 0 0
Darrell Williams 3 2 0 1 0 1 0
Andrew Williams 3 1 0 0 0 1 0
Paul James III 2 2 0 0 0 0 0
Nick Ruffin 2 1 0 0 0 0 0
Byron Cowart 2 1 0 0 0 0 0
Montavious Atkinson 2 1 0 0 0 0 0
Daniel Thomas 2 1 0 0 1 0 0
Javaris Davis 2 0 0 0 0 0 0
Jordyn Peters 2 0 0 0 0 0 0
Jamel Dean 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
Carlton Davis 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
John Broussard Jr. 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
K.J. Britt 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
T.D. Moultry 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
Tyrone Truesdell 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
Tray Matthews 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
Jeremiah Dinson 1 0 0 0.5 0 0 0
TEAM 64 34 5 12 1 5 0

@AU Is Gold where u get the stats from? Just curious, b/c they don't quite jive with the official stats from the university which has us at 6 sacks. Link

As an aside, they've got all the stats on the website titled 1997 Auburn Football. :drink9:

3 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

@AU Is Gold where u get the stats from? Just curious, b/c they don't quite jive with the official stats from the university which has us at 6 sacks. Link

As an aside, they've got all the stats on the website titled 1997 Auburn Football. :drink9:

I got them from ESPN, sports reference also has the stats. The difference sack-wise, 1997 Auburn football gave Derrick Brown a sack for - 2 yards. Wonder if it's true or not?

Who is the official keeper of stats? Is there one or does ESPN just use their stats for their broadcasts, CBS stats for their broadcasts, etc?

23 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

I got them from ESPN, sports reference also has the stats. The difference sack-wise, 1997 Auburn football gave Derrick Brown a sack for - 2 yards. Wonder if it's true or not?

Yeah he had a sack. See my gif on page 6. Dunno how they missed it on the other stat sheets. 

On 9/3/2017 at 2:43 PM, Barnacle said:

I just want to say that my boy Ike Powell was flawless on the long-snapping last night. Grades out at 100%. Model teammate too, as far as I'm concerned. 

Aside from one near bobble, good ol' Stovall got those balls set right for Legatron. Not his fault at all on those two misses. ;)

Lost in the mess of Offensegate I forgot to give props to my boy Jeremiah Dinson. Had a great strip and fumble recovery ( which should have turned into 7 pts) and some huge pass breakups 

9 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

Lost in the mess of Offensegate I forgot to give props to my boy Jeremiah Dinson. Had a great strip and fumble recovery ( which should have turned into 7 pts) and some huge pass breakups 

Thanks for bumping this thread.

Jeff Holland... still beastly. 

On 9/6/2017 at 11:36 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Image result for gus malzahn

Still mine. 

I'm going to need a little more from you if I'm to believe you are REALLY crushing on Gus.

Well D. Brown showed up again nicely on the stat line. 3 total tackles all solo stops, 1 pass breakup, and 1 QB hurry. Not a big stat day, but Mercer stayed away from the interior of our defense for the most part. 

These turnovers gotta stop. @AidiAU, @aujeff11, and @lkeel75 pick your dudes up.

Well, my man crush Malik "the Masher" Miller has gone the 2nd straight game without touching the football.

The best thing I can say about it is that he apparently hasn't complained or transferred yet. Although, he probably should be considering it. 

Dude has plenty of potential. It's a shame we may never see it with this HC, unless everyone in front of him gets injured from overuse.   >:(

20 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Well D. Brown showed up again nicely on the stat line. 3 total tackles all solo stops, 1 pass breakup, and 1 QB hurry. Not a big stat day, but Mercer stayed away from the interior of our defense for the most part. 

These turnovers gotta stop. @AidiAU, @aujeff11, and @lkeel75 pick your dudes up.

Hahaha. I think the people sitting around me in the stadium thought I was crazy yesterday when I told my husband I was breaking up with Kyle Davis...this was proclaimed twice! 

However, I'm not a quitter and he had some redeemable moments. He apologized after the game and told me it will never happen again. ?

Happy Birthday to my dude Dontavius Russell!

Not a stat sheet stuffer, but he almost never messes up and keeps the middle clogged -- a linebacker's best friend.

9 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Need a new man crush. Damnit.

You can have mine! Sal(monella) Canella plays SOFT. Blocking is lousy and had a big drop in the first game. I'm dumping him!

Good Work Mr. Carlson.

“…The following players and honorary head coach have been named to the 2017 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team®:

Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS)
Daniel Carlson – Auburn University…” 

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/allstate-american-football-coaches-association-name-22-college-football-players-to-the-2017-allstate-afca-good-works-team-300523368.html

Archived