Practice schedule format

corchjay

Everyone liking the practice schedule format?  The 3 days then off a couple then a "scrimmage" day?

I like it for the following reasons.

1.  The players better be in shape and not have to be worked into shape at the start of fall camp

2. They can install on day 1, corrections on day 2, Follow up on the corrections and new install on day 3 come back the next monday and repeat day 3 install

3.  Love scrimmages on saturdays

@Altima  you gonna be able to make any of the scrimmages and give us a little insight without giving away to many secrets?

13 hours ago, corchjay said:

Everyone liking the practice schedule format?  The 3 days then off a couple then a "scrimmage" day?

1.  The players better be in shape and not have to be worked into shape at the start of fall camp

2. They can install on day 1, corrections on day 2, Follow up on the corrections and new install on day 3 come back the next monday and repeat day 3 install

@Altima  you gonna be able to make any of the scrimmages and give us a little insight without giving away to many secrets?

unfortunately, the past 2 seasons, i haven't been able to get down there as much as i'd like to...  my kids are at that age where my weekends are pretty-much devoted to them.  we'll still go to some games, but it's just getting tougher to hang out as much as i used to.

tho, i talk to several of my guys who still go down EVERY dang weekend, and simply put... this team is gonna be as good as the qb.  

so far... the stand-outs have been carlton davis, stidham, m davidson, and the little white receiver (#33)...  crazy enough, he's all these guys are talking about... the kid's going off!

13 minutes ago, Altima said:

unfortunately, the past 2 seasons, i haven't been able to get down there as much as i'd like to...  my kids are at that age where my weekends are pretty-much devoted to them.  we'll still go to some games, but it's just getting tougher to hang out as much as i used to.

tho, i talk to several of my guys who still go down EVERY dang weekend, and simply put... this team is gonna be as good as the qb.  

so far... the stand-outs have been carlton davis, stidham, m davidson, and the little white receiver (#33)...  crazy enough, he's all these guys are talking about... the kid's going off!

Will Hastings 

55 minutes ago, Altima said:

Thx for the response.  I know the feeling about the kids.  I basically have 3 teenage boys at home.  Always something going on.

Hastings looked good in the spring game as well.  I think in one of the broadcast last year if I'm remembering correctly he has the fastest 10yard split on the team.  That's good for getting off the line especially if he's lined up off the line in the slot.

14 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Thx for the response.  I know the feeling about the kids.  I basically have 3 teenage boys at home.  Always something going on.

Hastings looked good in the spring game as well.  I think in one of the broadcast last year if I'm remembering correctly he has the fastest 10yard split on the team.  That's good for getting off the line especially if he's lined up off the line in the slot.

Wish Will was a little bigger. If so he'd be a great at PR.

4 hours ago, Altima said:

the little white receiver (#33)...  crazy enough, he's all these guys are talking about... the kid's going off!

Cue the Hastings haters.

18 hours ago, corchjay said:

I think it's a solid format, but it sucks for us having nothing to talk about on the 2 off days.

6 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

There is a market for WRs like WH. 

If you can get open and catch the ball, there will be a spot for you. 

Just ask Wes Walker or Julian Edelman. And, before I get hammered, no it isn't because they're white. It's because they are undersized slot guys that have been used to amazing success. So, there, lol....

11 hours ago, RunInRed said:

It's not the old school two-a-days on the intramural fields but seems to get the job done ;)

these youngsters will never understand...

The small receiver from clemp was a handful, and I think Hastings will be also. With his story of how he became a WR @ AU, everyone should pull for him(non AU too). He was given the opportunity through hard work. 

On 8/3/2017 at 7:12 PM, corchjay said:

I like the set up for the veterans, but I wonder how it is for the freshman.  I wonder what yours and @bigbird thoughts are on how does this set up help or hurt the freshman class or is it a non-factor

23 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I like the set up for the veterans, but I wonder how it is for the freshman.  I wonder what yours and @bigbird thoughts are on how does this set up help or hurt the freshman class or is it a non-factor

I believe the set up allows for more of a chance to digest and process a lot of the information. Also, the added film work and meetings on the off days will benefit everyone, not just the freshman.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Me.....just saying

I think them all getting a case of PBR during film study is going to be counterproductive then. Just saying....

Archived