Who would you rather us lose to?

WFE12

First off, I think the team goes 10-2 this season and hopefully madness ensues so that a two loss team can get into the playoff for the first time. I'm trying to see what two losses I would actually be ok with us having for history sake and the season so that we still make the playoff. As much as I HATE to say it I guess we could lose to Clempson and aTm. Winning against Clemson would be huge since they're the reigning champs but I just cannot accept losing to LSU, UGA, or Bama. 

An OOC loss to clemson would be a lot better for the team.  I predict a loss to Clemson, LSU, or UA. IMO, LSU is the most likely.

I'd rather lose to nobody ever. For our CFB chances, Clemson is clearly the least damaging...but I sure would hate to lose to Dabo again.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

An OOC loss to clemson would be a lot better for the team.  I predict a loss to Clemson, LSU, or UA. IMO, LSU is the most likely.

Yeah LSU is most likely and I guess I would rather lose to them because though we haven't beaten them at home in 18 friggin years it just doesn't hurt as much as losing to UGA or Bama.

Just now, fredst said:

I'd rather lose to nobody ever. For our CFB chances, Clemson is clearly the least damaging...but I sure would hate to lose to Dabo again.

Exactly, it's kind of like pick your poison. 

Please, dear football God up in heaven, please let it be anyone other then f****** Georgia...

I am so damn sick of losing to them regardless of how good or bad their team is. Just want one stress-free game against them where we dominate them from the outset and dig our cleats so deep into their throats they need a Z-pack and some stitches.

Alabama, whatever they're always predicted to win with Satan there. Hate their fans but it's a possibility I can live with.

LSU, never had a beef with them.

Just so tired of great Auburn teams letting average to mediocre Georgia teams either beat us or contend heavily. Their fans are obnoxious, their players are obnoxious, their bulldog is ugly, and Athens is one of the worst trips I've ever had in my college football life.

Clemson and some team in the West we wouldnt be in a three way tie with for SEC west champs with. Id say A&M because it may be a good enough win to keep Sumlin employed as well, fingers crossed. Not that i like Sumlin but I'd rather him be there than chip kelly or bob stoops or anyone else im forgetting that could be a nightmare to deal with.

Practically speaking, Clemson would seem to be the least damaging loss. But, considering when that game is played, I worry about how the team would react to a big early season loss considering how the last 2 years have went.

If I had to pick 2 teams to lose to, it would be Noone and Nobody!

But in reality, I think Clemson is a good possibility and also the most forgivable in terms of still making the playoffs. 

I know how long it's been since we've beaten the corn dogs at their place, but I think it will take one of those flat, ugly games where we just don't get any breaks to lose to them. 

Other than Clemson, the most likely is bama. But a loss to bama that late in the year, plus that almost certainly means no SEC championship, it would be very unlikely we could still make the playoffs with 2 losses in that scenario. 

I have been praying since last November that we don't lose to uga again. I'm not even going to entertain that thought. 

I can only see two options since I don't want to ever say I'm okay losing to Bama. It's hard to believe I'm going to say this but I'm going to qualify it with a condition since we are talking hypotheticals anyway. I'd take a loss to Georgia IF it was where Georgia was the East champion. Auburn then beats Bama, wins the West and avenges the Georgia loss in the SEC Championship game. The other option is Clemson and then pay them back in the playoffs. That way Auburn can still say they beat every team on their schedule. And yes, I dislike Georgia just as much as anyone else here. 

I think we should march into death valley and win against the previous national champs and then have Malzahn tell the live TV reporter that death valley is where dreams go to die and have him scream and carry on like he's never been there before.

In an ironic sort of way.

For Reference

I don't like these threads about us losing. We need to be talking about winning. :wareagle:

I'd "rather" not lose at all.

Since I've already (another thread) picked Arky as potential upset, let's say just them.

Imagine, we could (conceivably?) beat UGA, UA, and Clemson twice each (including post-season play) in one year.

I completely understand y'all that don't want to talk about losses and I don't want to lose to anybody either! I'm not being cynical about it, it's just something that is going to happen. If somehow someway we end up undefeated I'll be more than ecstatic but what are those chances?

Just now, WFE12 said:

I completely understand y'all that don't want to talk about losses and I don't want to lose to anybody either! I'm not being cynical about it, it's just something that is going to happen. If somehow someway we end up undefeated I'll be more than ecstatic but what are those chances?

14 out of 14. Or 100% likely. 

That's good math right?

Archived