Who would you rather us lose to?

WFE12

37 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I completely understand y'all that don't want to talk about losses and I don't want to lose to anybody either! I'm not being cynical about it, it's just something that is going to happen. If somehow someway we end up undefeated I'll be more than ecstatic but what are those chances?

Based upon the last quarter of a century, about 12%.

It's hard to say since I have no idea how good most of the teams are going to be and I wouldn't want to lose to someone we obviously outmatch, but if we don't consider that variable, I'd probably have to say LSU, because coach O is the least likely to act like an a$$ about it of all of the coaches we are going to face.

We need to end the streak at LSU. I'm tired of losing to the leg humpers and I need this one v/s Clemson. So......hell. 12-0 heading into Atlanta. Lol

Clemson seems like the easy loss to choose, but I do not want an early season loss. Anyone picking LSU or Georgia is absolutely insane. Having your only loss of the season to Alabama is out of the question. So for me, the only real options are @Arkansas or @Texas A&M. 

4 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Clemson seems like the easy loss to choose, but I do not want an early season loss. Anyone picking LSU or Georgia is absolutely insane. Having your only loss of the season to Alabama is out of the question. So for me, the only real options are @Arkansas or @Texas A&M. 

Yep I agree but we would be losing to Big Bertha at arky then...Who wants that? Also if we lost to Texas a&m it will continue the streak of the road team always losing in that series so there's something with each team if we lose to them. But anyways whoever we lose to I still feel that we will be in the thick of it because we're that good. Again I want to go undefeated...Just seems unlikely but it could happen.

The best case scenario would be to lose to an Ohio St or USC in the first round of the playoffs. If the game was another "who ever has the ball last wins" type of game then I believe this would motivate Stidham and Pettway to come back one more year to get another shot at making it to the Championship game. 

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Yep I agree but we would be losing to Big Bertha at arky then...Who wants that? Also if we lost to Texas a&m it will continue the streak of the road team always losing in that series so there's something with each team if we lose to them. But anyways whoever we lose to I still feel that we will be in the thick of it because we're that good. Again I want to go undefeated...Just seems unlikely but it could happen.

If we lost to Texas A&M it would end the streak of the home team always losing. 

A Clemson loss is the most logical to "hope" for but if we beat them, we're contenders.  If we lose, we're seen as pretenders.     I can't deal with that.  We're expected to be good so we need to live up to that hype for a change.  

6 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

A Clemson loss is the most logical to "hope" for but if we beat them, we're contenders.  If we lose, we're seen as pretenders.     I can't deal with that.  We're expected to be good so we need to live up to that hype for a change.  

We really need to win that game. 

I can't deal with losing to Clemson, Bama, or Georgia again. 

I really wanna beat LSU in their stadium for the first time in almost two decades. 

I could probably deal with a loss to Arkansas since we blew them off the field last year. I guess I could deal with a Texas A&M loss too, even though 2014 left a particularly bad taste in my mouth when it comes to them. 

The thing is, I think 2 conference losses would keep us out championship contention.

So, all that being said, I guess I would pick Clemson and Arkansas if I HAD to choose 2. 

The scary thing is, I'm starting to drink the Kool-Aid and feeling like this could be an amazing year. That scares me, a lot.

If we are to lose, then I hope it's to whomever it is that will do us the least damage, and it depends on how the rest of the season goes for the teams we play as to the damage that would be done.

2 hours ago, AubieAH3 said:

I can't deal with losing to Clemson, Bama, or Georgia again. 

I really wanna beat LSU in their stadium for the first time in almost two decades. 

I could probably deal with a loss to Arkansas since we blew them off the field last year. I guess I could deal with a Texas A&M loss too, even though 2014 left a particularly bad taste in my mouth when it comes to them. 

The thing is, I think 2 conference losses would keep us out championship contention.

So, all that being said, I guess I would pick Clemson and Arkansas if I HAD to choose 2. 

The scary thing is, I'm starting to drink the Kool-Aid and feeling like this could be an amazing year. That scares me, a lot.

It's most definitely going to be a season to remember and yeah hopefully those two losses I think we get aren't conference losses. Go ahead and get you a refill of that kool-aid. 

How about if we have two conference losses but win against Clemson while Clemson has another big year? We could probably still get favor by the committee since we best the reigning champs.

Archived