Four years later and I'm still mad

JBiGGiE

Watching the AU/uga game from 2013 on SEC Network and I still get worked up from the Aaron Murray gimme that set up the Miracle in Jordan Hare.

So let's talk about other dropped calls that still boil your blood

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Watching the AU/uga game from 2013 on SEC Network and I still get worked up from the Aaron Murray gimme that set up the Miracle in Jordan Hare.

Also watching that game.  Also pissed at that knee-down no-call.

13 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I actually like the bad call on the knee, because it makes the bad pass tip for a touchdown look like karma instead of dumb luck.

Not drop calls ... but certainly a dropped ball ... the Obomanu drop in the end zone vs. Ole Miss (2003 I believe) ...

-ea4b93094c234dd4.JPG

44 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Does this help you feel better (turn on sound)?

https://vine.co/v/ht6I9Y7panE

CAP recovered the freaking ball against TAMU in '14. That one goes the right way and we win the game. 

And every single time bama has snapped the ball against us the last 10 years, because they've gotten away with holding every single time. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

CAP recovered the freaking ball against TAMU in '14. That one goes the right way and we win the game. 

And every single time bama has snapped the ball against us the last 10 years, because they've gotten away with holding every single time. 

"Solid fundamentals"

The Skinner "catch" against Vandy - maybe the worst call ever. The MO TD catch in the sec championship where the ball rolled on the ground - and those great officials never reviewed it. The Lionel James on-side kick recovery that never was against UF. Always getting screwed by the spot of the ball vs bama. Seals-Jones not called for targeting...this could go on forever.

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

"A lot happens at the bottom of the pile." :puke:

(They would, of course, say that it was payment for Kris Frost's supposed horse collar on JFF. For that reason, along with the supposed similarities between us, are why I'm really disappointed AU/A&M never developed into a rivalry.)

It's not a bad call but it's a play we have all thought about over the last 4 years.

We have a lead, a minute to go in the National Championship game, FSU has a long field in front of them, they throw a simple 5 yard pass just trying to get a 1st down. Instead of making a sure tackle or grab a jersey, 2 Senior DBs don't make the play which allows the WR to gain 45 yards. This puts them down into striking distance with enough time to work.

20 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

It's not a bad call but it's a play we have all thought about over the last 4 years.

We have a lead, a minute to go in the National Championship game, FSU has a long field in front of them, they throw a simple 5 yard pass just trying to get a 1st down. Instead of making a sure tackle or grab a jersey, 2 Senior DBs don't make the play which allows the WR to gain 45 yards. This puts them down into striking distance with enough time to work.

tenor.gif

How about that 4th and 25 with no time on the clock against UGA and we couldn't cover a guy in the back of the end zone? Just had to knock it down to win the game.

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

this really hurts...Just make a freaking tackle

The 1994 Iron bowl. Bammer was leading 21-0 at half. Auburn made a furious comeback and was driving for the tying/ winning touchdown late in the 4th quarter.  It was 4th and 3 and no doubt in my mind we had the first down. The refs marked us short to secure another bammer victory. The play was right in front of me. Still makes me ? 

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

How about that 4th and 25 with no time on the clock against UGA and we couldn't cover a guy in the back of the end zone? Just had to knock it down to win the game.

2002?

17 minutes ago, wde21 said:

The 1994 Iron bowl. Bammer was leading 21-0 at half. Auburn made a furious comeback and was driving for the tying/ winning touchdown late in the 4th quarter.  It was 4th and 3 and no doubt in my mind we had the first down. The refs marked us short to secure another bammer victory. The play was right in front of me. Still makes me ? 

I was there too, saw the same thing you did. There's no way both of miss that spot. :no:   Legion Field = :puke:

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

Was I the only one, when mason broke the last tackle on the long run, thought to themself "we scored too quick, he shoulda went down at the 1"?

38 minutes ago, wde21 said:

I went back and watched the play. I was only 8 at the time so I've never seen it. Trying to be unbiased as possible, it looks like he got the first down. I'm glad Auburn quit playing Legion Field every year. 

Archived