2017 Fall Camp - Sat, Aug 5 (First Day Full Pads)

RunInRed

11 hours ago, corchjay said:

Braden looking great with the footwork and read in those drills. 

Still worried about his quickness at tackle, I guess we  will find out soon enough. We need to put JF3 at end and see if he can get out and block him on the edge.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Hope so. For Gus, "dinged up" can be somewhere between a bruised thumb and out for several weeks. ?

Probably a concussion for Moultry. Everything I've read said he was moving around fine. No signs of braces or any two of supportive devices. 

17 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Auburn football-Auburn Tigers-Auburn-T.D. Moultry
Auburn freshman linebacker T.D. Moultry sat out of Day 5 of practice. (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

20170805auprac12611_JB.JPG
Julie Bennett/al.com

Look at TD's shoes.......I mean really look at his shoes......do you see it.......nice!

10 hours ago, tigerfangs said:

Does Carlson #2 punt?

I was wondering the same thing. It might be worth a shot. I rather go for it every 4th down than have Daniel punt. I hate to see him get worn down when he's been such a vital part of almost every game for the last three years. We saw what happened in the Outback Bowl. We need that golden leg. 

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

Probably a concussion for Moultry. Everything I've read said he was moving around fine. No signs of braces or any two of supportive devices. 

I hope not ... or if it is I hope it is very precautionary.  I'm pretty sure they do some serious hitting in shells but a concussion before donning full pads would make me worry about concussions being a persistent issue for him.

however, if concussion, they wouldn't have him under the fluorescents and noise in the heat.

16 hours ago, corchjay said:

He is a great auburn man true and true who's never complained about his role at least publicly. I know that he still won't have a big role but I would love for him to do something memorable this year at safety or special teams that will last him a lifetime.

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

He is a great auburn man true and true who's never complained about his role at least publicly. I know that he still won't have a big role but I would love for him to do something memorable this year at safety or special teams that will last him a lifetime.

Agreed. It appears that he has/is open to doing what's best for the team and is moving where directed. I too hope he has a memorable year.

6 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

however, if concussion, they wouldn't have him under the fluorescents and noise in the heat.

Should be in a broom closet, right?

20 hours ago, WFE12 said:

How can Ian not beat out a walk-on? I don't want us to have to put Legatron at punter..No can do...nope.

Kevin Phillips was a walk on.  Very pleased with his punts, and his "Kickin' it with Kevin" shows on the Auburn pre-game shows. 

9 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I was wondering the same thing. It might be worth a shot. I rather go for it every 4th down than have Daniel punt. I hate to see him get worn down when he's been such a vital part of almost every game for the last three years. We saw what happened in the Outback Bowl. We need that golden leg. 

"Worn down"?  

You mean increased possibility of injury?  :dunno:

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Worn down"?  

You mean increased possibility of injury?  :dunno:

Think it's more to do with leg fatigue than injury.

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Think it's more to do with leg fatigue than injury.

Well see, that's the part I don't get.

I guess I am just too old school, but I don't get how a kicker would get leg fatigue from adding punting to his duty.  

Just now, homersapien said:

Well, see, that's the part I don't get.

I guess I am just too old school, but I don't get how a kicker would get leg fatigue from adding punts to his duty.

Seems like we had problems later on in the season with a kicker who pulled double duty.

Kinda like the discussion about whether pitchers nowadays actually don't through enough and therefore haven't built up proper endurance.  (I have no knowledge - just what others have said). 

Just now, Rednilla said:

Seems like we had problems later on in the season with a kicker who pulled double duty.

So what was his average number of plays/game?  What was the most plays he had per game?

Still don't get it.

44 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So what was his average number of plays/game?  What was the most plays he had per game?

Still don't get it.

Not sure about the exact number of plays but with the offensive problems that AU has had these past two years there have been many punts and many field goals. If you add the stress of kick offs, field goals, extra points, and constant punts every Saturday, as well as practices, somewhere along the line I would imagine a little fatigue would show in his leg thus leading to a possibility of less accurate field goals. I'm by no means speaking on what Carlson can and can not handle but when you've got a kicker that can all but guarantee three points from anywhere on the field you want to make sure he can perform that duty. What I'm saying is if he can punt and kick and be fine then by all means, but if there is another option I rather them go with that option and not Carlson. Plus like you said, chance of injury would increase and seeing as he is a NFL caliber kicker I would hate to put his future in more jeopardy than it has to be, even if that means less than average punts. 

11 hours ago, Rednilla said:

11 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Not sure about the exact number of plays but with the offensive problems that AU has had these past two years there have been many punts and many field goals. If you add the stress of kick offs, field goals, extra points, and constant punts every Saturday, as well as practices, somewhere along the line I would imagine a little fatigue would show in his leg thus leading to a possibility of less accurate field goals. I'm by no means speaking on what Carlson can and can not handle but when you've got a kicker that can all but guarantee three points from anywhere on the field you want to make sure he can perform that duty. What I'm saying is if he can punt and kick and be fine then by all means, but if there is another option I rather them go with that option and not Carlson. Plus like you said, chance of injury would increase and seeing as he is a NFL caliber kicker I would hate to put his future in more jeopardy than it has to be, even if that means less than average punts. 

Not to worry. Just don't punt.

My man Mr. Carlson will put it through the posts from the parking lot if called upon.

On 8/5/2017 at 8:40 PM, corchjay said:

Braden looking great with the footwork and read in those drills. 

Thanks for that insight. Seems like one of the bigger concerns I've heard about him sliding out is his footwork and lateral agility. 

Archived