European Tour

mustache eagle

Saw today that there will be no livestream of the 4 games.  I assume that means no TV at all.

I'm bummed.  I had hoped to catch one of these games with the new players.  I'm gonna go full homer and assume that CBP believes we have a true contender and wants to hide them as long as possible.

bruce is the consummate salesman, normally I'd assume he would really want any pub he can get.  So I'm gonna take the "small" leap that this means we are a final four team.  A natty might be just a smudge too much this year.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why isn't Auburn livestreaming games from overseas trip?

AUBURN, Ala. – Kansas is livestreaming games when it takes a near-identical trip to Italy this summer. Why isn't Auburn taking a similar approach? Coach Bruce Pearl said he's taking a Gus approach.  

"No, nope, no," Pearl said if he considered broadcasting any of the games. "I got a new team. I'm not interested in showing any of of our early opponents what we are doing. That was pretty Gus Malzahn of me right there wasn't it? I learn from the best."

Pearl is working freshman Davion Mitchell and Chuma Okeke in the lineup along with transfers Malik Dunbar and Desean Murray. He plans on watching the video from Kansas to get intel the teams Auburn is facing, but fans shouldn't expect to see footage of the Tigers on the court over the next two weeks. 

Auburn has four games scheduled on the 10-day trip to Italy. The team has a final practice scheduled Sunday afternoon, the fourth session in two days as it prepares to leave Sunday. 

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Why-isnt-Auburn-basketball-livestreaming-games-from-overseas-tri-105824066/Amp

46 minutes ago, Charhair said:

I'm hoping we still get stats

I'm sure we'll get some stats and some video highlights of a couple big time plays we have over there. Few years ago, Barbee's team went down to like Puerto Rico or something for some summer tournament and AU Athletics did that

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I'm sure we'll get some stats and some video highlights of a couple big time plays we have over there. Few years ago, Barbee's team went down to like Puerto Rico or something for some summer tournament and AU Athletics did that

That's what I'm hoping we get, at this point. A stat sheet would be nice. I'm interested to see how Murray (and the rest of our bigs too) fits into our lineup/rotation with Wiley being out. 

On 8/6/2017 at 10:17 AM, NoALtiger said:

Smart guy this Bruce Pearl fella is.

Funny how perception works.  I agree BP is smart for this, but people jump all over GM for the same thing.  I don't see any reason to help opponents any more than you have to.  There is no need to give them anything that can be used as an advantage.  That goes for any sport.

Great opportunity for these young men personally and to represent AU overseas. 

I also like the extra practices this affords our young team.

I don't know much about basketball recruiting, but does going on trips like this help us with recruiting overseas players?  Seems like we would get a some exposure there that we probably don't normally get.

Are you guys in favor of platoon subbing? I thought we were better when we shortened our rotation last year and went away from making major subs at a time but I could certainly be mistaken

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Are you guys in favor of platoon subbing? I thought we were better when we shortened our rotation last year and went away from making major subs at a time but I could certainly be mistaken

In situations like this trip, yes.

Archived