2017 Fall Camp - Mon, Aug 7 (Scrimmage)

RunInRed

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defense is always ahead of offense early, especially in this case as far as our team. 

I'm good with picks right now, means we're actually trying to be an offense and won't be going for 3 yard passes the entire year hoping the pettway can carry the ball 30 times a game.

29 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Heard that, and I immediately thought someone in the football program was trying to cover something up. It seems all of the info out right now has come from 1-2 players, and it's possible those players were wrong about who threw what passes. But I'm a little skeptical. I'm also not worried about the INTs unless it's been a problem throughout the practices and/or he just is making really bad decisions. 

I have a source on the team I could ask. But I always avoid asking that kind of stuff

8 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I have a source on the team I could ask. But I always avoid asking that kind of stuff

If u were a true AUFam member then you would sacrifice everything for the benefit of this forum ... and by the way ... we won't tell anyone ...

35 minutes ago, AubieAH3 said:

Your 3rd point is exactly what I was thinking. 

Is it weird that a negative report about the offense kind of makes me feel better? I hope it slows down the hype train and keeps them grounded.

I was thinking something similar...if it is true, get it out now before September. From what I have heard about JS, that will only make him work harder to perfect  his game. Along the same lines, it should pushy SW to do the same.

Are the quarterbacks live or no contact? I ask because I thought they were no contact. If so then I don't necessarily agree with 3 sacks. How do you credit a sack when the whistle blows early to protect the QB? 

48 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Offense was very plain today. Easy for the defense to go against 

This. Also defense is always ahead early. KP and KJ were not on the field I can't say this enough either.

14 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Are the quarterbacks live or no contact? I ask because I thought they were no contact. If so then I don't necessarily agree with 3 sacks. How do you credit a sack when the whistle blows early to protect the QB? 

Williams described how he had a play that should've been counted as a sack today but they didn't blow the whistle on it. It would've been a sack in a real game but the coaches will sometimes let the QB play through to see what he can do. It's basically like A-Day in that if the defense gets really close to the QB in the back field it counts as a sack; just no contact. They certainly have to get in the backfield to count it as a sack.

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

This. Also defense is always ahead early. KP and KJ were not on the field I can't say this enough either.

Give us the low down 

11 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Remember Gus said this was gonna be a "big" scrimmage.   Code for it was gonna be about the guys in the trenches.

Does sort'a seem a good place to start.

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Lol, ok.... So what was the point in posting this? 

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Give us the low down 

I wasn't able to make it today. I will be at the next ones. From what I have heard so far defense looks very good even without Marlon there today. Dean and Stephen Roberts had picks. Also our offense we really can't make any judgement without today he best rb in the SEC being on the field. KJ was alsi held out. DB looks solid from what i have heard. Defense is always ahead early in fall camp I will say again.  I will know alot more when I speak with a family member later who was there.

I will be at the scrimmage Saturday so I will tell yall what I see. I have been told we were very basic offensively today. The defense usually knows what play we are running they face up in practice. We will throw a little more offense into the scrmage saturday. We were getting the 3rd team aka Miller and 4th team whethet it be Martin or DB reps alot of reps at rb today.

Also was told our defense in gonna be a beast. 

10 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I will be at the scrimmage Saturday so I will tell yall what I see. I have been told we were very basic offensively today. The defense usually knows what play we are running they face up in practice. We will throw a little more offense into the scrmage saturday. We were getting the 3rd team aka Miller and 4th team whethet it be Martin or DB reps alot of reps at rb today.

DB= Barrett, not defensive back, right?

37 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

yep

What is his 4o time? (Devon Barrett)He has a chance to be a nice option at the RB position with him. I hope we can get Chandler Cox some reps to keep him happy and a part of the offense.

5 hours ago, boomstick said:

Have you seen the INTs Stidham has thrown? Are they a product of poor throws/bad decisions by Stidham or a product of unfortunate circumstances (tipped pass, great DB play, jump ball, etc.)? I'm not too worried either way, but if it starts coming out that he's throwing JJ-like INTs where he's staring down WRs (like @aucanucktiger mentioned in another thread), I might start worrying a little more.

I didn't but luckily I have a few clients that did.  I'm not supposed to give much out, and I would rather people on here that were there give the detailed information.  Don't think Jeremy Johnson though, I will say that.  Just think it's early in the practices and offensive linemen are playing in places they aren't used to against defensive linemen that are where they are used to.   Austudnt23 is definately the one to listen to, and PTB.

I like everyone's comments on this thread though.  Very level headed and the statements make complete sense.  Very different from this time last year, and its a good feeling.  This forum last year drained some of my energy needed for gameday! I only have so much sunshine to give!

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I didn't but luckily I have a few clients that did.  I'm not supposed to give much out, and I would rather people on here that were there give the detailed information.  Don't think Jeremy Johnson though, I will say that.  Just think it's early in the practices and offensive linemen are playing in places they aren't used to against defensive linemen that are where they are used to.   Austudnt23 is definately the one to listen to, and PTB.

I like everyone's comments on this thread though.  Very level headed and the statements make complete sense.  Very different from this time last year, and its a good feeling.  This forum last year drained some of my energy needed for gameday! I only have so much sunshine to give!

Good to know. So long as he's not making horrible decisions I can live with and understand the occasional INT. They're going to happen. 

Archived