2017 Fall Camp - Mon, Aug 7 (Scrimmage)

RunInRed

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FASTCOMPANY said:

Saw where Bryan Matthews said it was SW13 that threw the INTs, not JS8...What gives??

Not what I heard but it really doesn't matter in the long run

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

I agree, just wanted some clarification. I'm honestly giddy about our defensive production!

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

I will be at the scrimmage Saturday so I will tell yall what I see. I have been told we were very basic offensively today. The defense usually knows what play we are running they face up in practice. We will throw a little more offense into the scrmage saturday. We were getting the 3rd team aka Miller and 4th team whethet it be Martin or DB reps alot of reps at rb today.

Also was told our defense in gonna be a beast. 

Looking forward to your observations on Saturday, Thanks in advance

22 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

It matters to White,.  And maybe Willis for that matter.   I am glad it was not Stidham. 

49 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Did anyone here actually see Stidham throw an INT today? I'm not questioning anyone. Just curious to know if anyone saw it. 

He threw 2

46 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I didn't but luckily I have a few clients that did.  I'm not supposed to give much out, and I would rather people on here that were there give the detailed information.  Don't think Jeremy Johnson though, I will say that.  Just think it's early in the practices and offensive linemen are playing in places they aren't used to against defensive linemen that are where they are used to.   Austudnt23 is definately the one to listen to, and PTB.

I like everyone's comments on this thread though.  Very level headed and the statements make complete sense.  Very different from this time last year, and its a good feeling.  This forum last year drained some of my energy needed for gameday! I only have so much sunshine to give!

One of the guys on Auburn sports talk was melting down over Stidhams performance. He had it all planned out that Stidham would be named the starter today.

I'm more worried about Hand getting the O-line settled and playing on the same page.

1 minute ago, kd4au said:

I'm more worried about Hand getting the O-line settled and playing on the same page.

I would call the OL at this point a work in progress ... 

Rivals has since apologized for giving false info saying it was Sean. Someone is wrong but it does not matter. We just need to fix the oline and practice with our real running backs. 

Just now, RunInRed said:

Agreed. Find the right oline and let them gel for a few weeks. 

19 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

We have three returning starters that are seniors. I can't think of a single Auburn team with a young OL that's had a *great* season.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

it really doesn't matter in the long run

100% True!!!

There are more than 1,000 reasons why one, two, or more INTs might be thrown in our very first scrimmage of the fall! and most of them are of very little to no concern at all.  Furthermore, they are all learning opportunities for our QBs (including the ones who didnt' throw any INTs) 

23 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Rivals has since apologized for giving false info saying it was Sean. Someone is wrong but it does not matter. We just need to fix the oline and practice with our real running backs. 

That is stupid...Make sure you get your info verified and then put it out...It's whatever....Still it's fine. Hopefully everyone's ready to go Saturday and they get even closer if not finally deduce their final o-line rotation. I also doubt they use kj and bubba.

20 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Agreed. Find the right oline and let them gel for a few weeks. 

Absolutely!  Every position on the field should be "a work in progress" at this point in fall camp.  

OL is a different animal.  There we need 5 guys to function as 1.  So I agree and full endorse @gr82b4au's statement.  This is also what Gus and Chip have both said in interviews.  

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

That is stupid...Make sure you get your info verified and then put it out...It's whatever....Still it's fine. Hopefully everyone's ready to go Saturday and they get even closer if not finally deduce their final o-line rotation.

The thing is some people who claim to have been there are saying Stidham did throw a pick. The INT or two or ten isn't a big deal. The reporting of this just seems all weird. 

I love scrimmage reports.

All sounds like a typical scrimmage report other then D. Williams getting 2 sacks.  We have to be better this year picking up blitzes and delays by linebackers.  As many have said.  OL is the key this year. Well that and injuries so hopefully we get great OL play and no injuries.

It's possible that JS threw an int but didn't throw the pick six. With the constant QB rotating in and out it's possible Dean didn't know who was playing. It doesn't matter but I'd still be pissed if I was JS and al dot com posted that I threw a pick 6 when I didn't. I will tell you that, from a very good source, the players are confident in both JS and SW and are fine with either QB getting the start 

24 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

IMG_4784.JPG

Both JS and SW threw two interceptions, However SW did throw two TDs. Also, Malik had a TD and zero interceptions. Start Malik!!!

This is all based on the interwebs and confirmed by insiders.

There once was a time long ago when 5 practices into fall camp, a team was expected to not be 100% perfect in all phases of the game. It was expected that interceptions and fumbles and missed tackles would happen as players were knocking off rust and learning new schemes and positions. We expected players to be moved around to different positions as coaches experimented with various personnel combinations. We understood that scrimmages were controlled, playbook and blitz packages were limited, and you needed to use full context before worrying about the fate of the season. I miss those times. 

Archived