Fantasy Football?

madkat7

5 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

Sounds good Jeff, any preference on the hosted site?  I'll set it up if we can garner enough interest.  Any preference on style of league (PPR/Standard, # teams, playoffs, etc...)?  If no one uses the AU Family name for their league, we could use that and create a post in the forum for back/forth trash talk, trade talk, etc.. through course of year and maybe keep this as a running tradition.  We can keep it free for fun or pitch in a few bucks to have some skin in game, either way is good for me.

I personally prefer 8-10 teams and no more than that. Too many teams and the points will be hard to come by and the challenge is that much greater. Less than 8 teams and the points seem easier to come by and strategy isn't nearly as involved. I also prefer PPR leagues just because they seem to capitalize more on the strengths of the receiving threat RB's. Overall, I'm in and down for anything, so it's your call.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I had to settle for kirk cousins at qb so not much better fam! lol

This is another contract year for him though.  He will play well.

Ok, so the inaugural "The AU Family League" is set up in Yahoo.  10 team / 0.5PPR scoring format.  Come join me.  Draft set for Sunday Sept 3 at 6:00pm EST...we can change as needed to accommodate everybody to make live draft.  See link for invite.

The AU Family League

16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

This is another contract year for him though.  He will play well.

A lot of his weapons are gone. Garcon is in san fran and Djax is in tampa.

36 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

A lot of his weapons are gone. Garcon is in san fran and Djax is in tampa.

True it hurts him some, but he picked up T Pryor with those losses.  He gets Josh Doctson back and still has Crowder, not to mention J Reed.  I think he'll be just fine with those options to throw it around if all can stay healthy

21 hours ago, Coastal Tiger said:

Ok, so the inaugural "The AU Family League" is set up in Yahoo.  10 team / 0.5PPR scoring format.  Come join me.  Draft set for Sunday Sept 3 at 6:00pm EST...we can change as needed to accommodate everybody to make live draft.  See link for invite.

The AU Family League

Bump. Need at least five more. 

Opinions, I did one of my league drafts last night. Here's my lineup:

QB - Brees

RB - D Freeman  

RB - D Murray 

Wr - D Thomas

Wr - M Crabtree 

Wr - W Snead

W/R - K Hunt

Te - J Graham 

K - C Boswell

D - Denver 

bench: Martellus Bennett, Paul Perkins, Doug Martin, Adam  Thielen, Chris Hogan, and Rishard Matthews . My WRs are average  Should I make a trade or stand pat because of my above average RBs, QB, and TEs?

23 hours ago, Coastal Tiger said:

The AU Family League

I joined in on this one. Hope it's ok. I'm 2nd year novice yahoo baller. If it's not ok, lemme know, I'll pull the plug. Love the format (commish) it will be a fun play with 2 WR's. Thanks for offering this.

4 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

QB - Brees

RB - D Freeman  

RB - D Murray 

Wr - D Thomas

Wr - M Crabtree 

Wr - W Snead

W/R - K Hunt

Te - J Graham 

K - C Boswell

D - Denver 

bench: Martellus Bennett, Paul Perkins, Doug Martin, Adam  Thielen, Chris Hogan, and Rishard Matthews . My WRs are average  Should I make a trade or stand pat because of my above average RBs, QB, and TEs?

Every team has a weekness. Your WR's look great if they were mid-late rounds. just make sure the boards don't have any hidden gems laying around, and read up on your TE, make sure Graham is a better start than Bennet. But most of all, never listen to a thing I say, ever.

I joined the Fam in the league. My team is "Dime's Bags" (Darrell Dime Bag Lance Abbott).

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Every team has a weekness. Your WR's look great if they were mid-late rounds. just make sure the boards don't have any hidden gems laying around, and read up on your TE, make sure Graham is a better start than Bennet. But most of all, never listen to a thing I say, ever.

They were. Thomas was 5th round, Crabtree was 6th and Snead was 9th or 10th. Bennett may breakout with Rodgers throwing the ball. Also, Hunt in the late rounds was an absolute steal. 

Just now, jAUSon said:

I joined in on this one. Hope it's ok. I'm 2nd year novice yahoo baller. If it's not ok, lemme know, I'll pull the plug. Love the format (commish) it will be a fun play with 2 WR's. Thanks for offering this.

Glad to have you both @jAUSon and @aubearcat.  I don't like the standard 2RB/3WR/1TE standard format in Yahoo either.  Gives a little more flexibility to use the 3rd WR spot as RB/WR/TE flex spot.  Needing 5 more to fill the league for next Sunday evening draft...

Is the draft time ok or do we need to adjust for schedules?  I'm flexible, so up to league as to what works best.

So far we have aujeff11, Auctoritas, jAUSon, aubearcat, and Coastal Tiger.  

Join here ---->  The Au Family League

3 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

Glad to have you both @jAUSon and @aubearcat.  I don't like the standard 2RB/3WR/1TE standard format in Yahoo either.  Gives a little more flexibility to use the 3rd WR spot as RB/WR/TE flex spot.  Needing 5 more to fill the league for next Sunday evening draft...

Is the draft time ok or do we need to adjust for schedules?  I'm flexible, so up to league as to what works best.

So far we have aujeff11, Auctoritas, jAUSon, aubearcat, and Coastal Tiger.  

Join here ---->  The Au Family League

Schedule is good, I'll make it happen, but will not complain at all if it's later in the evening.

25 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

QB - Brees

RB - D Freeman  

RB - D Murray 

Wr - D Thomas

Wr - M Crabtree 

Wr - W Snead

W/R - K Hunt

Te - J Graham 

K - C Boswell

D - Denver 

Like your team.  I pulled the trigger in my money league draft today for Hunt in the 5th.  You are stacked at RB...I'd see if you could find someone weak at RB and strong at WR to work a deal to give a little upgrade to your WR corp.  In no way are you hurting if you roll with this as is.  I wouldn't give anything away just to upgrade at WR though.

8 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

Like your team.  I pulled the trigger in my money league draft today for Hunt in the 5th.  You are stacked at RB...I'd see if you could find someone weak at RB and strong at WR to work a deal to give a little upgrade to your WR corp.  In no way are you hurting if you roll with this as is.  I wouldn't give anything away just to upgrade at WR though.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I thought about trading Murray and Thomas for M Thomas and C Hyde. I'm just not sure about Hyde. Kind of like my conundrum with D Thomas. Great receiver no quarterback. Hyde is a great back with no passing game to help him. 

4 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

That's kind of what I was thinking. I thought about trading Murray and Thomas for M Thomas and C Hyde. I'm just not sure about Hyde. Kind of like my conundrum with D Thomas. Great receiver no quarterback. Hyde is a great back with no passing game to help him. 

That could be interesting.  It's a fair trade on paper.  I personally like Shannahan in SF this year and could be very good for Hyde (and Garcon too).  Heck he was good against stacked 8 men fronts before he got hurt last year.  M Thomas is gonna eat in NO imo with Cooks gone.  Tennessee is interesting to see what happens there and if they throw it around more or if D Henry emerges as the bell cow over Murray.  I'm not sold on Denver QB situation but DT88 should get his regardless, though not to Peyton Manning era level for sure.