Fantasy Football?

madkat7

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

I created an account. Looks like I am in! "There Goes Davis" team name

Sweet, I'll change it to 8-team league and we can draft tonight.  Should make for some stacked rosters and deep benches lol.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

Sweet, I'll change it to 8-team league and we can draft tonight.  Should make for some stacked rosters and deep benches lol.

Wow, with 8 teams we should all have fantastic teams. My other 2 team names are “Kamara Chameleon” & “KerryonMyWaywardSon”. I still may develop a different name for this league. 

• Haha 1

How do y’all feel about a dynasty league beginning with this season?

8 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

How do y’all feel about a dynasty league beginning with this season?

I haven't played dynasty yet but that will change some drafting dynamics for sure.  I'm down with doing that or a 2-man keeper.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but in dynasty, you are married to that player forever unless you choose to drop or trade them, right?

15 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

I haven't played dynasty yet but that will change some drafting dynamics for sure.  I'm down with doing that or a 2-man keeper.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but in dynasty, you are married to that player forever unless you choose to drop or trade them, right?

Correct. You kind of build a win now team or a competitive long term team. Generally a couple high level veterans with some promising young players. My work league was a single keeper league this year that will transition into a dynasty league. I kept Kamara and was able to get Fournette and Ertz in the draft. My receivers are kind of weak but I did get Goodwin. My QB get was Brees. I feel like I’m going to be fairly formidable barring injuries. 

16 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Correct. You kind of build a win now team or a competitive long term team. Generally a couple high level veterans with some promising young players. My work league was a single keeper league this year that will transition into a dynasty league. I kept Kamara and was able to get Fournette and Ertz in the draft. My receivers are kind of weak but I did get Goodwin. My QB get was Brees. I feel like I’m going to be fairly formidable barring injuries. 

I like the approach your work league took with allowing a keeper or 2, whatever we decide, then transition it to a Dynasty next year due to draft being tonight. 

13 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

I like the approach your work league took with allowing a keeper or 2, whatever we decide, then transition it to a Dynasty next year due to draft being tonight. 

That’s cool. I really wanted to go to dynasty from last year to this but my roster was too stacked. I had Kamara, Thomas, K.Allen, Jimmy G, D. Lewis, Jeffrey, D.Walker, Stafford just to name a few and it was a 14 team league. We’re down to 12 this year with a 6 team playoff that goes from weeks 14-16 in an attempt to avoid the pre-playoff benching of stars. 

16 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

So we are deciding on doing a keeper or two for tonight? 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

So we are deciding on doing a keeper or two for tonight? 

I’d love that but ideally we would’ve given everyone a little more notice. I’m good with it if we can get a quick approval from everybody else. 

Just now, aubearcat said:

I’d love that but ideally we would’ve given everyone a little more notice. I’m good with it if we can get a quick approval from everybody else. 

How do I find my roster from last year?

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I'm thinking we need to do a regular draft tonight and then do a 1 or 2 keeper headed into next year's draft for dynasty.  Thoughts???

3 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

I'm thinking we need to do a regular draft tonight and then do a 1 or 2 keeper headed into next year's draft for dynasty.  Thoughts???

Sounds good to me. Unless you can get the 100% approval within the next two hours.

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t know. In my other league it was visible a couple days before the deadline to choose a keeper. What you did then was go to “My Team” and it had a “keeper” tab that you chose the player you wanted. We’re probably too late in the process to have keepers. ?

3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I don’t know. In my other league it was visible a couple days before the deadline to choose a keeper. What you did then was go to “My Team” and it had a “keeper” tab that you chose the player you wanted. We’re probably too late in the process to have keepers. ?

Is that league on Yahoo?

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Sounds good to me. Unless you can get the 100% approval within the next two hours.

Just now, aubearcat said:

I don't think it's going to happen this year.  We can start a convo during draft and during course of year to decide whether we keep one or 2 from your year end team headed into next year's draft with intent to draft a dynasty team next year.

5 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Is that league on Yahoo?

I think Yahoo requires commish to set league up with keepers and a deadline for choosing ahead of the draft just by a quick look through the tools.  Once deadline has passed, available players not kept roll back into draft.  Then draft takes place for your available slots in respective rounds...

7 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

I think Yahoo requires commish to set league up with keepers and a deadline for choosing ahead of the draft just by a quick look through the tools.  Once deadline has passed, available players not kept roll back into draft.  Then draft takes place for your available slots in respective rounds...

Nice. Keepers or dynasty league is certainly something to look into next year. 

Draft order? Also, is this a PPR league?

Draft order is random by Yahoo.  You will be able to see it once the draft opens.  0.5pt PPR

54 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Is that league on Yahoo?

Yes 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

You will be able to see it once the draft opens.  0.5pt PPR

Gotcha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some of y’all need to maintain y’alls rosters before game time. No reason why McCaffrey should’ve been on the bench with Nelson Agholor playing for example.