Fantasy Football?

madkat7

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

I'm taking Kordell Stewart at 11

If I could pick a retro QB it’d be Randall Cunningham. He’d feast in today’s offensive friendly NFL. 

Edited by aubearcat
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

If I could pick a retro QB it’d be Randall Cunningham. He’d feast in today’s offensive friendly NFL. 

100%. The OG. Vick 10 years before Vick. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

100%. The OG. Vick 10 years before Vick. 

Yup and a better passer

• Like 1

My post draft press conference:

Well I was pretty pleased with my team until I saw how I matched up,  HAHA. I actually filled the roster with a lot of guys high on my board. I am hoping my hunch is correct on a lot of these guys. My team has potential to be full of over achievers from their predictions. (Or a dud Haha).

McCaffrey was top of the board for me.  Unluck of the draw missed out here.  Liked what I saw from Jacobs in the preseason. I was willing to take him as first RB without McC. He will get a lot of touches for Gruden as RB1. Weaker group on team but like the potential, at least from Jacobs.  Already picked up Barber as my RB2 in FA.

Picked up Duke before he shows out. He has already made some Duke plays in preseason.  Leading CFL receiver last year.  Couldn't pass up Thomas when he was there at 7. Same for Thielen at 18. Really thought I would get only 1. I was close to getting a steal in Kelce in 3rd round but picked 2 before me.  Jared Cook TE will get a lot of touches in a Drew Brees offense. Missed on DJ Moore by a few spots for the Flex but got the other Cam flex target in Samuel.  Receiver is my strongest spot it seems on paper. Very happy with this group. 

I have great confidence in Legatron this year, obviously with the early pick.  Didn't want to lose him.  He looked to have that swagger back in preseason. 

New England defense is always pretty solid.  Took Bills defense with last pick for insurance. Solid group. 

Now to QB. I think Cam will have a great year this year if he can stay healthy.  Running ability gives him a good push for points. I think he was undervalued on ratings.  Excited to see what he does.  Tough first matchup with Rams, but that is why I picked up sure numbers in Brees. I hope NO lights up the offense with having Brees, Thomas, and Cook on the field together in passing game.  Getting Darnold late in draft is an absolute steal and good insurance for Cam if injury occurs (knock on wood).  I think he will have a breakout year. More than my fair share here.  

It was a fun first draft for me ... A LOT faster than I thought.  Here's to the team that nobody wants to play at the end of the year with these over achievers.  Haha.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My post draft conference. 

Ladies and gentlemen, meet my team:

🗑

• Haha 1

I didn't realize how high RBs score compared to others.  Now it makes sense why y'all loaded up lol

That Turd better perform Haha. 

17 hours ago, aubearcat said:

My post draft conference. 

Ladies and gentlemen, meet my team:

🗑

3A03EE43-073E-486E-B99B-8E29E2F96B88.jpeg

Cough cough 😂.  You gonna have a full season of transactions before Game 1 is played.  Sounds like you been listening to too many fantasy pro podcasts 😂 

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

Cough cough 😂.  You gonna have a full season of transactions before Game 1 is played.  Sounds like you been listening to too many fantasy pro podcasts 😂 

Yep hoping he drops his starting RB by mistake. 

6 hours ago, Coastal Tiger said:

Oh yeah, Fantasy Footballers, Fantasy Pros, etc. Like Jeff said, I’ll work the wire like crazy. I’ll probably have upwards of 50-60 transactions by the playoffs. I’ll have a core group then I have a couple expendables that are subject to drop at any moment. I’m just dialing it in a bit.  I’m big on Hill and I didn’t realize he was available. D-Jax should be good again in Philly. As a side, I usually change my team name several times as well. I also love a good trade. 

Edited by aubearcat
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Oh yeah, Fantasy Footballers, Fantasy Pros, etc. Like Jeff said, I’ll work the wire like crazy. I’ll probably have upwards of 50-60 transactions by the playoffs. I’ll have a core group then I have a couple expendables that are subject to drop at any moment. I’m just dialing it in a bit.  I’m big on Hill and I didn’t realize he was available. D-Jax should be good again in Philly. As a side, I usually change my team name several times as well. I also love a good trade. 

1. Don't change your team name. That is AWESOME.

2. I'm looking forward to having you as my nemesis on the waiver wire. I'm also transaction happy. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

1. Don't change your team name. That is AWESOME.

2. I'm looking forward to having you as my nemesis on the waiver wire. I'm also transaction happy. 

I like FWtOT probably more than any name I’ve had recently. I used Kamara Chameleon last year... I should’ve copyrighted it. I’m huge waiver wire guy, especially in a 12-14 team league. You can use the backend of your roster to experiment and a lot of times win at least your weekend. 

Edited by aubearcat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

I like FWtOT probably more than any name I’ve had recently. I used Kamara Chameleon last year... I should’ve copyrighted it. I’m huge waiver wire guy, especially in a 12-14 team league. You can use the backend of your roster to experiment and a lot of times win at least your weekend. 

Equally awesome name. I'm not good at that and I really love it when people do those names well. Bravo.

Yeah, exactly. That's part of the fun for me and keeps me engaged throughout the season. Doesn't necessarily help me do better all the time and every once in awhile I drop a guy I shouldn't but whatever. It's fun. 

• Like 1

Kinda on topic, there was a flag football team in college that called themselves the French Revolution.  They would play until 2 mins left in the game and forfeit. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Haha 1

When do the rosters lock in for the game each week? 

25 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

When do the rosters lock in for the game each week? 

when each players game kicks off. So if you got any players for bears vs packers next thursday they lock at the kickoff of that game. So and and so forth with the rest of your roster when their game is.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

when each players game kicks off. So if you got any players for bears vs packers next thursday they lock at the kickoff of that game. So and and so forth with the rest of your roster when their game is.

Ok good, because I gots decisions to make before kickoff lol.  Have any good backs you may be willing to part with Haha?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Ok good, because I gots decisions to make before kickoff lol.  Have any good backs you may be willing to part with Haha?

gftr.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

gftr.gif

I could take a no-no from her any day

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

That middle portion of Ben’s team is a beast. Kamara, Jones, and Kittle 👀

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

That middle portion of Ben’s team is a beast. Kamara, Jones, and Kittle 👀

Very stout indeed.  I went hard in the paint on RB's and happy with results pre-game 1.  This draft, more than most, will define my season

1 hour ago, Coastal Tiger said:

Very stout indeed.  I went hard in the paint on RB's and happy with results pre-game 1.  This draft, more than most, will define my season

Where I drafted, I felt the WRs that were available offered more value than the available RBs. 

12 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Where I drafted, I felt the WRs that were available offered more value than the available RBs. 

You did good, I was at that crossroads at 9 spot and couldn't pass on the RBs avaialble.  I got star struck lol

• Like 1