Fantasy Football?

madkat7

I’ve been offered J Landry for T Williams. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Yea my boy Jacobs made a strong showing 21 attempts. I was a D Jackson away from pulling the upset.  That was fun though. Can't wait till next week. 

Indeed 

5 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Coastal just traded Landry to me in our group.  He made a good point that Landry is in a more natural position in the slot.  Could be big but probably a consistent 9-11 point guy 

51 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Coastal just traded Landry to me in our group.  He made a good point that Landry is in a more natural position in the slot.  Could be big but probably a consistent 9-11 point guy 

My only concern is that Williams will be number 1 in Oakland, it’s one game but they looked good against a pretty good defense, and Landry will be number 2 in Cleveland. I’ll probably hold what I’ve got. 

Strong RBs - Kamara, Chubb, and Eckler as starters and flex. Hill on the bench 

WRs - Godwin, DJ Moore, and D Jax as starters. T Williams and A miller on the bench 

TE - Ertz

standard scoring in a 14 team league. 

12 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

My only concern is that Williams will be number 1 in Oakland, it’s one game but they looked good against a pretty good defense, and Landry will be number 2 in Cleveland. I’ll probably hold what I’ve got. 

Strong RBs - Kamara, Chubb, and Eckler as starters and flex. Hill on the bench 

WRs - Godwin, DJ Moore, and D Jax as starters. T Williams and A miller on the bench 

TE - Ertz

standard scoring in a 14 team league. 

Yea I think Williams is a better get unless they give you a 2 for 1

• Like 1

20 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I'm with the other guys. I like Williams better. True #1, #2 is a rookie TE, not sure anyone knows who #3 is, looks like a live offense in a pass-happy division (should be guaranteed 2 monster games against the Chiefs and Derek Carr passed the eye test big time the other night IMO), has a 1000 yd/7 TD season under his belt in this same division, 6'4 do-it-all prototype........

Wait. I think I'm in love with Tyrell Williams? WTH?

• Like 1

Okay, fam, I'm here to cry on your shoulders.

-Had Cam going in one league and Winston in another
-In the Cam league, I also had McCaffrey
-In the Winston league, I had DJ Moore in the flex... and Godwin on my bench. Along with Barber. Both Barber and Godwin scored more than Winston or Moore. Barber scored much more than Moore and Godwin scored much more than either.
-I had Carolina's defense going, which wasn't horrible but it was not "good"

Even worse, I can't tell if it's just Carolina's terrible OL or if Cam really is a train wreck post-surgery. But if I'm in Charlotte I'm pounding the hell out of the panic button. 

Flip side, is that Bucs D for real???

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Okay, fam, I'm here to cry on your shoulders.

-Had Cam going in one league and Winston in another
-In the Cam league, I also had McCaffrey
-In the Winston league, I had DJ Moore in the flex... and Godwin on my bench. Along with Barber. Both Barber and Godwin scored more than Winston or Moore. Barber scored much more than Moore and Godwin scored much more than either.
-I had Carolina's defense going, which wasn't horrible but it was not "good"

Even worse, I can't tell if it's just Carolina's terrible OL or if Cam really is a train wreck post-surgery. But if I'm in Charlotte I'm pounding the hell out of the panic button. 

Flip side, is that Bucs D for real???

I’m glad I chose Godwin when it came my turn in my money league. I also have DJ More in that league and he’s “okay”. I think Cam is still injured (I think anyway)and the OL is still trash. I’m not really sold on Tampa’s defense yet. I want to see how they fair against the New Orleans of the world. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

I’m glad I chose Godwin when it came my turn in my money league. I also have DJ More in that league and he’s “okay”. I think Cam is still injured (I think anyway)and the OL is still trash. I’m not really sold on Tampa’s defense yet. I want to see how they fair against the New Orleans of the world. 

I haven't checked but I'd be surprised if Godwin didn't significantly exceed the next guy's targets last night. He just looked like a true NFL WR1. Very encouraging. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I haven't checked but I'd be surprised if Godwin didn't significantly exceed the next guy's targets last night. He just looked like a true NFL WR1. Very encouraging. 

Yea Godwin scored about 10 points higher than projected.  Happy for Barber. 

Cam would have been serviceable points wise if they would have let him run it in from 4th and half a yard.  He needed a touchdown.  He hurt me this week.  Thought for sure he would have a few scores. 

On the plus side,  about 30 mins from kickoff, I added Slye as kicker.  He more than did his part to limit the Cam damage with 16 points last night!

9 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yea Godwin scored about 10 points higher than projected.  Happy for Barber. 

Cam would have been serviceable points wise if they would have let him run it in from 4th and half a yard.  He needed a touchdown.  He hurt me this week.  Thought for sure he would have a few scores. 

On the plus side,  about 30 mins from kickoff, I added Slye as kicker.  He more than did his part to limit the Cam damage with 16 points last night!

Almost added Slye. Forgot to list that among my many laments from last night. Congrats to you though!

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2019 at 6:50 PM, AUBwins said:

@GwillMac6 AB screwing you up man. 

Sounds like you need a receiver.  I think McCaf will be a bust for you, I can take him off your hands for a receiver of your choosing lol

Told you he was a bust.  Wanna trade him?  Lol

Edited by AUBwins
  • Haha 1

Hard to believe as bad as Cam was in fantasy, Brees wil be worse.  Glad I didn't play Brees,  which contradicted what I was saying Thursday night lol. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

Hard to believe as bad as Cam was in fantasy, Brees wil be worse.  Glad I didn't play Brees,  which contradicted what I was saying Thursday night lol. 

Have Brees in another league...very nice 0-2 start I'll be off to.  Have to love fantasy football 🤔

I’m playing against a dude with Brees as his starting QB. He also had Macdonald playing, Ross III going, as well as NEs defense 🤦🏼‍♂️.

Yea NE defense really gave some points.  If I win this week, it's solely due to defense and special teams.  

15 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I’m playing against a dude with Brees as his starting QB. He also had Macdonald playing, Ross III going, as well as NEs defense 🤦🏼‍♂️.

14 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Yea NE defense really gave some points.  If I win this week, it's solely due to defense and special teams.  

Had NE going in 2 leagues and would have ran them in all 4 if I could have. Unfortunately one of the leagues is mostly Ma**holes and Sexy Rexy Burkhead probably isn't even available on the waiver wire in that league. Turns out they love a winner up in the top right corner of the country, too. 

May be a good opportunity.  Oakland's drives will likely be in the 10 to 15 play variety against the Vikings defense.  They bring pressure up front and are solid in the back, so a lot of middle zone work.  Could lead to some long FG tries.  I hope he pulls a Slye from last week against Minn with a couple of 50s and some others.  Just don't miss one.  As long as Oakland can get a TD or two to Waller😉

Edited by AUBwins

I wish they would just say Cam is out so I can put him on IR. We all know he is not going to play this week.  My entire bench, save for 1 player is day to day.  

Well Tennessee defense killing me with Fournette. Really hoping the Jags can get close to the goal line so maybe he can get a TD lol.  The missed pass where Minshew nearly crossed the LOS is the play that would have saved Fournette day if caught.  He had a lot of space there. 

On 8/27/2019 at 11:18 PM, AUBwins said:

My team has potential to be full of over achievers from their predictions

My recap from this week agrees.  Haha. 

AUBwins should change their team name to "The Overachievers" since they have scored higher than projected