Fantasy Football?

madkat7

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/21/2020 at 7:50 PM, Coastal Tiger said:

Going by draft order....

1. Jeff's Team --- @aujeff11

2. ForWhomTheOdellTolls --- @aubearcat

3. BoKnowsUrTeamIsWeak --- frat brother I had join league last year to fill the league

4. LOOFBALLS --- @McLoofus

5. Auc's Docs --- @Auctoritas

6. AubWins Resistance --- @AUBwins

7. Tiger Style --- @Tiger

8. jAUson's Team --- @jAUSon

9. Coastal Tiger --- @Coastal Tiger

10. Auburntiger1987 --- @auburntiger1987

11. Weathergeakal --- @weathergeakal

12. Gurley Magazines --- @GwillMac6

Just bumping this to remind people we are playing lol.  It seems there are only a few making roster adjustments etc. Crazy first week with the injuries. 

• 2 weeks later...

@McLoofus hopefully you used up all your points for the year! LOL. 

CRAZY WEEK SIR. Were those your decisions or MrsLoof?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

@McLoofus hopefully you used up all your points for the year! LOL. 

CRAZY WEEK SIR. Were those your decisions or MrsLoof?

Auto draft ftw! I'm in 3 leagues and Yahoo's algo is way smarter than me smdh

• Haha 1

Thielen on trade block for a RB2. I just can't take another week 7 Bye since both my starters are week 7. Trying to beef up my RBbackups/Flex before I have to play Loof and his 200 point weeks lol

@Tiger did you get yours working yet? 

@jAUSon are you around? I think you have forgotten about us. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Coastal Tiger @McLoofus

You guys had an epic championship game. Just crazy.  For those that played, just go look at the score updates and see how back and forth this was.  .04 difference!

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

@Coastal Tiger @McLoofus

You guys had an epic championship game. Just crazy.  For those that played, just go look at the score updates and see how back and forth this was.  .04 difference!

Dude. That was insane. Last play of the game for Allen, too, which made it the last play of the weekend. Still waiting for the stat correction, lol. Hats off to @Coastal Tiger and everyone for  an entertaining season. Thanks for making it happen. 

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Dude. That was insane. Last play of the game for Allen, too, which made it the last play of the weekend. Still waiting for the stat correction, lol. Hats off to @Coastal Tiger and everyone for  an entertaining season. Thanks for making it happen. 

Just be glad I didn't make playoffs or one of you wouldn't have been there. ;) Finally got a healthy team together the last 3 weeks. Side note: it felt good to be able to put Kittle in on the last game after the injured season.  Just felt right.   But glad to see what y'all did. Just a crazy, but fun Covid plagued fantasy season.  Thanks all. 

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Just be glad I didn't make playoffs or one of you wouldn't have been there. ;) Finally got a healthy team together the last 3 weeks. Side note: it felt good to be able to put Kittle in on the last game after the injured season.  Just felt right.   But glad to see what y'all did. Just a crazy, but fun Covid plagued fantasy season.  Thanks all. 

I hear you on Kittle. Did the same in another league. Still lost, but it wasn't Big George's fault!

Good show loof.  I’d still like to setup our league with about 3-5 keepers. If anyone else is interested. We did it in another league I was in for years. You have your keepers and a draft for your other spots. There’s still good players that have to be released and the rookies coming into the league. It’s a quasi dynasty league. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 5:15 PM, aubearcat said:

Good show loof.  I’d still like to setup our league with about 3-5 keepers. If anyone else is interested. We did it in another league I was in for years. You have your keepers and a draft for your other spots. There’s still good players that have to be released and the rookies coming into the league. It’s a quasi dynasty league. 

I wouldn't mind keeping Henry :)

I would like to re commit to playing.  If some aren't going to draft and play, then get some that will.  Too many this year that I don't think even looked at it. 

19 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I would like to re commit to playing.  If some aren't going to draft and play, then get some that will.  Too many this year that I don't think even looked at it. 

I’m in again. The keepers at 3 or so allows you to try and build your team and yet good players go back into the pool for the draft. For instance, I’d definitely keep CMac, JJ, and  I’d have to decide between Ekeler and Allen which puts one of them (as well as the rest of my players) back into the draft pool with the rookies. 

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

I’m in again. The keepers at 3 or so allows you to try and build your team and yet good players go back into the pool for the draft. For instance, I’d definitely keep CMac, JJ, and  I’d have to decide between Ekeler and Allen which puts one of them (as well as the rest of my players) back into the draft pool with the rookies. 

How does the draft work after that? 

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

How does the draft work after that? 

You either start out randomized and with round 1,  you can make the players you kept an automatic pick for whatever round they were slotted, start at round 1 based on finish...etc. It’s really however the league decides they want it done then the commissioner sets the draft according to that. 

• 4 months later...
On 1/4/2021 at 4:32 AM, aubearcat said:

You either start out randomized and with round 1,  you can make the players you kept an automatic pick for whatever round they were slotted, start at round 1 based on finish...etc. It’s really however the league decides they want it done then the commissioner sets the draft according to that. 

Would you still be able to keep essentially 2 first rounders if they're slotted that way? I guess it would be more likely with 2nd rounders.  I had Henry, Kittle, Ridley, Al Robinson, Carson etc. The last 4 could be considered 2nd round for example.  

I would like to have keepers this year, and as I said earlier a commitment to those that will participate all year.  Really frustrating to see some play opponents that don't try to replace injuries etc. Then worse when you get beat by one of those teams because of lucky day lol. 

Yeah, if they’re available. For example if I kept CMc and got say Julio with my first round pick if for some reason he was available. 

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Yeah, if they’re available. For example if I kept CMc and got say Julio with my first round pick if for some reason he was available. 

I was referring to if I kept 2 of the 2nd round guys. Like are you allowed to keep any 3 of your team regardless of quality? If you have 3 keepers of course.  

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I was referring to if I kept 2 of the 2nd round guys. Like are you allowed to keep any 3 of your team regardless of quality? If you have 3 keepers of course.  

Yes. We had guys that kept high floor/ceiling second, third,…etc guys and drafted a new first round guy because they wanted a different direction. I like having keepers and drafting like there were no keepers. For example, you choose your three and still have a regular draft slot based off of your finish from the previous season.  Our manager took our picks from us based off of the keepers we kept (I had Kamara and Chubb so my rounds 1 & 2 were taken from me). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Yes. We had guys that kept high floor/ceiling second, third,…etc guys and drafted a new first round guy because they wanted a different direction. I like having keepers and drafting like there were no keepers. For example, you choose your three and still have a regular draft slot based off of your finish from the previous season.  Our manager took our picks from us based off of the keepers we kept (I had Kamara and Chubb so my rounds 1 & 2 were taken from me). 

Yea, cool.  I've been mock drafting for fun the past week using draft wizard app from fantasy pros.  A lot of fun.  I basically just trying to beat my score lol, and to see where the rookies are being taken.  My biggest puzzle is 2nd round pick if you start around 9-12.  Do you go RB 1,2 or RB/WR, or WR/WR?  You typically have a choice of Ekeler, Akers, Ridley, AJ Brown, Mixon, Kittle, Gibson, sometimes Hopkins, Metcalf or Kelce. 

Edited by AUBwins

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Yea, cool.  I've been mock drafting for fun the past week using draft wizard app from fantasy pros.  A lot of fun.  I basically just trying to beat my score lol, and to see where the rookies are being taken.  My biggest puzzle is 2nd round pick if you start around 9-12.  Do you go RB 1,2 or RB/WR, or WR/WR?  You typically have a choice of Ekeler, Akers, Ridley, AJ Brown, Mixon, Kittle, Gibson, sometimes Hopkins, Metcalf or Kelce. 

I guess it’d depend on your scoring system PPR or Traditional. If I’m high first round, say top 5 in a PPR, I’m aiming for CMC, Cook, Kamara. Then second round get a solid WR or perhaps Kelce. It’d be hard to get 2nd round quality on a RB once the draft flips over and you have to draft late 2nd. Ideally you get maybe a solid WR in the 2nd and probably follow that up with another solid WR and start looking for RBs that get a lot of passing down work or if another good WR is available snatch him up. Most of the time your top tier TEs will be gone mid 3rd round. You can get a Waller type TE later for pretty good value. 

Dobbins is going to be a hoss and maybe one to target past the 1st round if not back end 1st round.