Fantasy Football?

madkat7

I can prolly get my wife to sign up tonight if need be.  She isn't on this board but she knows her football

2 minutes ago, BhamCAT said:

I can prolly get my wife to sign up tonight if need be.  She isn't on this board but she knows her football

Sign her up, gotta love a gal that knows her football :hellyeah:

On 8/27/2017 at 10:08 PM, aujeff11 said:

I personally prefer 8-10 teams and no more than that. Too many teams and the points will be hard to come by and the challenge is that much greater. Less than 8 teams and the points seem easier to come by and strategy isn't nearly as involved. I also prefer PPR leagues just because they seem to capitalize more on the strengths of the receiving threat RB's. Overall, I'm in and down for anything, so it's your call.

Actually 6 teams becomes very competitive. you can't just sit on your players. just because you have this great team, It will become hard to beat the guy who is trading and hitting free agents every week to get players who are playing teams that have a weekness such as week pass defenses or bad teams and can score more with that bottom end #1 or #2 reciever than you can with your #1 reciever playing the best defense in the league. so really it's very competitive because everyone has good players and yes the scoring will be different and look high, but it's all relative, everyones will look high. but will your be better than mine? It's really not different except because you drafted a great team down't mean your going to win. your really going to have to pay attention and participate to win each week. 

We are at 8 teams already with my wife signed up, I'm fine with just 8 or getting to 10.  We own our own engraving company and will donate a plaque to the winner, it won't be a plain generic plaque.  :wareagle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't believe I missed the draft for my own league. i'm fairly pleased with the auto draft. just have to make some changes especially with the extra kicker and defense. don't need them. they are always available when you need one. 

9 minutes ago, BhamCAT said:

We are at 8 teams already with my wife signed up, I'm fine with just 8 or getting to 10.  We own our own engraving company and will donate a plaque to the winner, it won't be a plain generic plaque.  :wareagle:

Stripe's in too BhamCAT, so we need 1 more to fill the league.  That's awesome on the winner's plaque...I'll chip in a few bucks to offset your costs.

19 minutes ago, Stripe said:

Actually 6 teams becomes very competitive. you can't just sit on your players. just because you have this great team, It will become hard to beat the guy who is trading and hitting free agents every week to get players who are playing teams that have a weekness such as week pass defenses or bad teams and can score more with that bottom end #1 or #2 reciever than you can with your #1 reciever playing the best defense in the league. so really it's very competitive because everyone has good players and yes the scoring will be different and look high, but it's all relative, everyones will look high. but will your be better than mine? It's really not different except because you drafted a great team down't mean your going to win. your really going to have to pay attention and participate to win each week. 

My kids play in a 6 team league with their buddies.  Teams are ridiculously stacked to the point that it actually makes it hard to pick who to start on any given week :laugh:

10 will be perfect, and no worries on cost of plaque.....shipping might be an issue if we have an out of town winner, but we'll figure that out later

2 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

My kids play in a 6 team league with their buddies.  Teams are ridiculously stacked to the point that it actually makes it hard to pick who to start on any given week :laugh:

yes that can be a problem, but that can be a problem in any league because guys don't hit their projected as often as you would like. plus you could think your making the good pick and the guy you bench doubles the score of the guy you picked. nature of the game. The game is more difficult at 6 teams if you ask me. and much more involved.

1 minute ago, BhamCAT said:

10 will be perfect, and no worries on cost of plaque.....shipping might be an issue if we have an out of town winner, but we'll figure that out later

If I win, I'm willing to pay the shipping fees. but I'm also willing to chip in a few bucks to help cover the cost of it all. 

Since there is no profit, I can finally engrave any auburn logo I want, AUFamily logo as well, a list of the teams, final record, etc.  It will be my pleasure..............unless my wife wins  >:D

• Like 1

Since there is no profit, I can finally engrave any auburn logo I want, AUFamily logo as well, a list of the teams, final record, etc.  It will be my pleasure..............unless my wife wins  >:D

:thumbsup: LOL, should make for fun Sunday's in the BhamCAT household

45 minutes ago, BhamCAT said:

Well, sh** just got real. 

32 minutes ago, Stripe said:

yes that can be a problem, but that can be a problem in any league because guys don't hit their projected as often as you would like. plus you could think your making the good pick and the guy you bench doubles the score of the guy you picked. nature of the game. The game is more difficult at 6 teams if you ask me. and much more involved.

meh. The scores are inflated too much for me. And injuries are too easily mitigated with free agents that are way to be good to not be on 8-10 team rosters. 

Will there be trash-talking on the yahoo site, or are we gonna have to give free entertainment to the peeps here?

Will there be trash-talking on the yahoo site, or are we gonna have to give free entertainment to the peeps here?

I'd say probably better to keep it in Yahoo, one less thread for the mods to keep up with here.  Maybe PM each other here with trade offers, etc..

Glad to have you weathergeakal.  League is now full.  Thanks to all for signing up and looking forward to a great year with you guys.  Shout out again to BhamCAT for providing a league championship trophy.  Set your reminders for Sunday Sept 3rd 6:00pm for the live draft and have your cheat sheets handy.  WDE

welcome aboard, I hope everyone is actively chatting somewhere, wherever that ends up being

Just now, BhamCAT said:

welcome aboard, I hope everyone is actively chatting somewhere, wherever that ends up being

I started a couple of threads on the Yahoo league board.  I'm open to other ideas for a league forum or someone taking the lead on that.

Skype or Google Hangouts are the easiest and best I know of, but I'm open for anything.  I'd just like to get to know the people playing and chat......makes for alot of work each week against silent faces otherwise.

Locked the league and set draft order to random selection (here are the drafting positions).  BhamCAT, can you setup the league chat and send an invite on league board?  Whatever you choose is fine with me.

Round 1
1.   Stidham's St...
2.   Auburntiger1987
3.   BhamCAT
4.   jAUson's Team
5.   Auc's Docs
6.   Stripe's Team
7.   laurie's Team
8.   Weathergeakal
9.   Jeff's Team
10.   Coastal Tiger