2017 Fall Camp - Tues, Aug 8 (Day 6)

ValleyTiger

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could this group of DBs be the strength of this team?! Will crow be eaten in regards to our secondary coach?! BTW, I am rooting hardcore for Malik. Another tidbit, I don't think I've ever seen video footage of JS and SW interacting with each other.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to people who attended practice today, it's very clear JS is the front runner 

"people"

— Freshman linebacker T.D. Moultry, who missed Saturday's practice and Monday's scrimmage due to injury, was back on the field and got some reps with the first-team group during protection drills.

— Five-star true freshman offensive tackle Calvin Ashley did not dress on Tuesday and watched practice from the sidelines.

First-team OL: LT Prince Tega Wanogho, LG Mike Horton, C Austin Golson, RG Braden Smith, RT Darius James.

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/fall-camp-observations-injured-defender-returns-st-team-ol-shuffles/article_3365ad26-7c6f-11e7-b05c-c711d895bb6b.html

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

Marlon with a brace on that left knee while holding dummies ?

Marlon is going to be fine. They'll manage him wisely in fall camp and get him adequately prepped for the season. 

42 minutes ago, DAG said:

Could this group of DBs be the strength of this team?! Will crow be eaten in regards to our secondary coach?! BTW, I am rooting hardcore for Malik. Another tidbit, I don't think I've ever seen video footage of JS and SW interacting with each other.

I've been paying attention to that as well. 

33 minutes ago, fredst said:

Marlon with a brace on that left knee while holding dummies ?

I believe that to be good news (in an odd way). I have a feeling if he had a serious injury he would be in a hyperbaric chamber. 

1 hour ago, ValleyTiger said:

Marlon is going to be fine. They'll manage him wisely in fall camp and get him adequately prepped for the season. 

Any word on what it is for both players with braces on their knees?  Hopefully nothing torn?  Knee injuries freak me out.  I don't like that limp either.  I looked the same way when I first tore my meniscus 

Today featured Prince Tega at LT James at RT Smith and Horton at OG amd Golson at OC. This is the lineup I think could be very special if Prince Tega comes around by comes around i mean is ready. Also you can substitute Horton for Bell vise versa.

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to people who attended practice today, it's very clear JS is the front runner 

JS is the frontrunner and going to be the starter. I expect him to be named shortly after the scrimmage Saturday like early next week.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I believe that to be good news (in an odd way). I have a feeling if he had a serious injury he would be in a hyperbaric chamber. 

I'm just hoping Gus doesn't say he's "nicked up". Then I'll be expecting him to be cryogenically preserved for the rest of the season or something, lol

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

I'm just hoping Gus doesn't say he's "nicked up". Then I'll be expecting him to be cryogenically preserved for the rest of the season or something, lol

lol made me laugh

53 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

JS is the frontrunner and going to be the starter. I expect him to be named shortly after the scrimmage Saturday like early next week.

I don't care who you are or what you SAY, SW13 is going to win the job and be a Heisman finalist. You saw it here first. That's my boy!

59 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Today featured Prince Tega at LT James at RT Smith and Horton at OG amd Golson at OC. This is the lineup I think could be very special if Prince Tega comes around by comes around i mean is ready. Also you can substitute Horton for Bell vise versa.

I bet that's a good battle between Horton and Bell. Tega scares me at LT. I'd rather see it switched..Tega RT and James at LT. But i do like that lineup barring Tega is ready. 

12 minutes ago, corchjay said:

So Montavious isn't a 40 year old man anymore he's actually 42 now.  :Sing:

Was thinking the same thing. He looks like one of my homeboys! We have not hit 40 yet! lol. 

9 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I bet that's a good battle between Horton and Bell. Tega scares me at LT. I'd rather see it switched..Tega RT and James at LT. But i do like that lineup barring Tega is ready. 

Meh, that's like saying Braden is our best OL so he should automatically play LT. Tega is more of that prototypical LT than James. James had his struggles in pass pro last season, too. Like you said in the other thread, at some point you gotta throw these less experienced guys out there and see how they respond. Still a long way to go before Sept. 2nd.

Archived