2017 Fall Camp - Tues, Aug 8 (Day 6)

ValleyTiger    389

Tue, Aug 8 (Day 6)

• 3:35-3:55 p.m. – Open to the media 
  • 6 p.m. – Selected players post-practice interviews

27a1.png Full Camp Schedule

• Thanks 2

DAG    2,055

Could this group of DBs be the strength of this team?! Will crow be eaten in regards to our secondary coach?! BTW, I am rooting hardcore for Malik. Another tidbit, I don't think I've ever seen video footage of JS and SW interacting with each other.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

DAG    2,055
1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to people who attended practice today, it's very clear JS is the front runner 

"people"

RunInRed    960

— Freshman linebacker T.D. Moultry, who missed Saturday's practice and Monday's scrimmage due to injury, was back on the field and got some reps with the first-team group during protection drills.

— Five-star true freshman offensive tackle Calvin Ashley did not dress on Tuesday and watched practice from the sidelines.

First-team OL: LT Prince Tega Wanogho, LG Mike Horton, C Austin Golson, RG Braden Smith, RT Darius James.

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/fall-camp-observations-injured-defender-returns-st-team-ol-shuffles/article_3365ad26-7c6f-11e7-b05c-c711d895bb6b.html

• Like 1

fredst    451

Marlon with a brace on that left knee while holding dummies 😰

• Sad 1

ValleyTiger    389
4 minutes ago, fredst said:

Marlon is going to be fine. They'll manage him wisely in fall camp and get him adequately prepped for the season. 

AU80cruiser    183
42 minutes ago, DAG said:

Could this group of DBs be the strength of this team?! Will crow be eaten in regards to our secondary coach?! BTW, I am rooting hardcore for Malik. Another tidbit, I don't think I've ever seen video footage of JS and SW interacting with each other.

I've been paying attention to that as well. 

• Like 1

Gowebb11    511
33 minutes ago, fredst said:

I believe that to be good news (in an odd way). I have a feeling if he had a serious injury he would be in a hyperbaric chamber. 

• Haha 2

abw0004    616
1 hour ago, ValleyTiger said:

Marlon is going to be fine. They'll manage him wisely in fall camp and get him adequately prepped for the season. 

Any word on what it is for both players with braces on their knees?  Hopefully nothing torn?  Knee injuries freak me out.  I don't like that limp either.  I looked the same way when I first tore my meniscus 

Edited by abw0004

austudnt23    991

Today featured Prince Tega at LT James at RT Smith and Horton at OG amd Golson at OC. This is the lineup I think could be very special if Prince Tega comes around by comes around i mean is ready. Also you can substitute Horton for Bell vise versa.

Edited by austudnt23
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

austudnt23    991
1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to people who attended practice today, it's very clear JS is the front runner 

JS is the frontrunner and going to be the starter. I expect him to be named shortly after the scrimmage Saturday like early next week.

• Like 2

fredst    451
1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I believe that to be good news (in an odd way). I have a feeling if he had a serious injury he would be in a hyperbaric chamber. 

I'm just hoping Gus doesn't say he's "nicked up". Then I'll be expecting him to be cryogenically preserved for the rest of the season or something, lol

• Like 3

augolf1716    2,777
6 minutes ago, fredst said:

I'm just hoping Gus doesn't say he's "nicked up". Then I'll be expecting him to be cryogenically preserved for the rest of the season or something, lol

lol made me laugh

• Like 1

WDE_OxPx_2010    386
53 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

JS is the frontrunner and going to be the starter. I expect him to be named shortly after the scrimmage Saturday like early next week.

I don't care who you are or what you SAY, SW13 is going to win the job and be a Heisman finalist. You saw it here first. That's my boy!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

WarEagle1983    519
59 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Today featured Prince Tega at LT James at RT Smith and Horton at OG amd Golson at OC. This is the lineup I think could be very special if Prince Tega comes around by comes around i mean is ready. Also you can substitute Horton for Bell vise versa.

I bet that's a good battle between Horton and Bell. Tega scares me at LT. I'd rather see it switched..Tega RT and James at LT. But i do like that lineup barring Tega is ready. 

• Like 2

WarEagle1983    519
12 minutes ago, corchjay said:

So Montavious isn't a 40 year old man anymore he's actually 42 now.  :Sing:

Was thinking the same thing. He looks like one of my homeboys! We have not hit 40 yet! lol. 

ValleyTiger    389
9 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I bet that's a good battle between Horton and Bell. Tega scares me at LT. I'd rather see it switched..Tega RT and James at LT. But i do like that lineup barring Tega is ready. 

Meh, that's like saying Braden is our best OL so he should automatically play LT. Tega is more of that prototypical LT than James. James had his struggles in pass pro last season, too. Like you said in the other thread, at some point you gotta throw these less experienced guys out there and see how they respond. Still a long way to go before Sept. 2nd.

Edited by ValleyTiger
  • Like 1