Can Pettway break Tre's record?

WFE12

If he does it means that Gus is still running the offense, and we might win 8 games. We have got to throw the ball 30 times a game minimum to beat the big dogs in the conference. 

On 8/8/2017 at 8:43 PM, WFE12 said:

Link

"My individual goal is to break the school rushing record, but whatever I can do to help my team," said Pettway, referencing Tre Mason's 1,816-yard campaign in Auburn's 2013 SEC Championship season. "I feel like I can. Hard work, dedication, knowing what I know how to do"

didn't really pay it too much attention before but now that I really think about I think he can. As we all know he didn't play in 4 games because of injury or Gus not even playing him and he still amassed 1,224 yards with a SEC leading 122.4 rushing yards per game. Though he split carries with KJ and faced a loaded box he still wreaked havoc on teams. With a much better passing game and healthy season I think it's very possible.

Can he yes. Will he.. No.. 

55 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

If he does it means that Gus is still running the offense, and we might win 8 games. We have got to throw the ball 30 times a game minimum to beat the big dogs in the conference. 

Respectfully, I don't agree with any of this. We barely have to throw the ball any more than we did last year. We just have to make those pass attempts count. 

Last year we threw 22 times for 173 yards a game or something like that. In 2004- I was just randomly looking at that offense yesterday- we only threw 24 times a game, but for 237 yards per. 20 TDs to 7 picks. It would not be a stretch to match that passing production and maintain our rushing production. Putting those numbers together last year would have put us top 15 in the country in total offense, tops in the SEC, and just one spot ahead of your reigning national champion. Pair that with our defense and you've got a championship caliber team.

Curious, though... how did you land on the number 30? 

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Respectfully, I don't agree with any of this. We barely have to throw the ball any more than we did last year. We just have to make those pass attempts count. 

Last year we threw 22 times for 173 yards a game or something like that. In 2004- I was just randomly looking at that offense yesterday- we only threw 24 times a game, but for 237 yards per. 20 TDs to 7 picks. It would not be a stretch to match that passing production and maintain our rushing production. Putting those numbers together last year would have put us top 15 in the country in total offense, tops in the SEC, and just one spot ahead of your reigning national champion. Pair that with our defense and you've got a championship caliber team.

Well I'll be damn I actually agree with you.                

200.webp#42-grid1

image.png

Just now, McLoofus said:

I don't know how I feel about this. :poke:

I don't like it one dang bit if that tells you something................................hint

Another thing to consider is most the time RBs that hold the records have the ability to take a run to the house. 1 rush for 80 yards really helps those stats.. Not saying Pettway can't take it to the house, but what makes him good is pounding it for 5-8 yards every carry.

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

First, as much as it pains me to say it, 2004 was a long time ago in terms of the way the game is played. Second, we have a coach that runs a HUNH offense, with a goal of running 80 plays a game. If 60 of those plays are runs you are once again bordering on being one dimensional. The best teams in the SEC will stack the box on us, and we will be 8-5 again. The strength of this team, offensively should be in our QB, and our elitely talented WR's. Even though I expect the defense to be really good, the days of winning big games 10-9 are pretty much over. Alabama, with all their five star talent on defense, still found themselves having to outscore some teams that had great passing attacks. Look at the stats from the last NC game, and see how many times Watson threw the football. Tre Mason set that record on a team that was a complete anomaly from the way most elite teams these days are successful. I stand by my point. If Pettway approaches 1800 yards, we can brag about our running game, and our string of 1000 yard backs on our way to the outback bowl.

8 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well I'll be damn I actually agree with you.                

200.webp#42-grid1

image.png

giphy.gif

Absolutely he can but he will not get the opportunity for it because WE GOING TO BE SLINGING  IT AROUND MORE Y'ALL!!!! And that is what is best for Auburn. We are going to have a very dangerous offense. Chip is the guy to take full advantage of all the toys we have at our disposal.

Archived