2017 Assistant Coaches Media Day

RunInRed

Auburn's Assistant Football Coaches met with the media to share their thoughts on Fall Camp and the upcoming season.  Updates to follow below ... 

Auburn freshman Calvin Ashley's status for Saturday's scrimmage remains up in the air.

Ashley was sidelined with an undisclosed injury and not in pads during the early portion of Tuesday's practice that was open to the media. Auburn offensive line coach Herb Hand said Thursday he is uncertain if Ashley will be available for the Tigers' second scrimmage of fall camp this weekend. 

"He's doing good," Hand said before adding that Ashley's Saturday status is to be determined.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/08/auburn_freshman_calvin_ashley_1.html#incart_river_index

‘Tyler Stovall, the team's holder on placekicks, has been among four players competing for the starting punting job, according to special teams coordinator Tim Horton. Stovall recently joined the ongoing competition, which also includes Ian Shannon, walk-on Aidan Marshall and kicker Daniel Carlson…

"My vote is that we don't punt, but I don't know that Georgia Southern or Clemson will go for that," Horton said. "But there's four guys we're looking at and they're working good, but we're still in the midst of the competition."’

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/08/the_surprise_addition_to_aubur.html

would be okay with Carlson punting if someone else could handle kick-off duties. 

Shannon's is not consistent. 

10 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

would be okay with Carlson punting if someone else could handle kick-off duties. 

Shannon's is not consistent. 

From what I've gathered, Shannon has done a much better job this fall camp. IMO he's going to win the job. 

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

I take it Truesdell is strong really strong. ha ha  Thanks for posting these Red.

Archived