AU vs UMASS in JHS 2020

ValleyTiger

Get ready to scratch another team off the never played list. Still, waiting on that BIG OOC game for 2020. Looking like it'll be a made for TV matchup.

My bad...I was middle school and don't recall.

5 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Lets play Purdue in a home and home series.

Let's not.

According to FBSchedules.com, we have UMass on 11/14 then Alabama A&M the next weekend, 11/21. The UMass game is on the date when the UGA game usually is so does that mean we'll move the UGA up a week and play 2 cupcakes between UGA and Bama?

Based on my quick look at other schedules, these are the Power 5 teams that have an open availability for week 1 (which is when we would likely play).  Note also that Dallas does not have a 2020 game scheduled yet and more cities are getting into the kickoff game thing lately.

Oklahoma
Clemson
North Carolina
Indiana
Michigan State
Penn State (playing them would mean three straight years, like we did with Clemson 2010-2012)
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue
Wisconsin
Stanford
USC

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Why not play Purdue?

It's not playing Purdue I have a problem with. It's the home and home part.

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Playing Purdue would be better then playing UMASS. Don't you agree?

UMass isn't a home and home. Again, it's not playing Purdue that is the problem, it's having to go to their place and play.

Besides, you're the one always harping on out of conference strength of schedule. Purdue has won 9 games in the last 4 seasons. That's not upping the level of competition.

have we played OK State?  SMU?   TCU?   (yeah I live in this region...)  Baylor?  Let's play all 4 in the coming years :)

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

have we played OK State?  SMU?   TCU?   (yeah I live in this region...)  Baylor?  Let's play all 4 in the coming years :)

We've played Baylor, TCU, and SMU before but it's been a long time. Never played Ok State to my knowledge. 

Ok that works.  Make it happen and I will be there.  I got the first round of hot dogs.

Archived