Stan White on WJOX (8/10/17)

RunInRed

Cliffs:

• Defense clearly won the scrimmage last Saturday
  • Offense/Chip really wants to get the TE/H-Back involved more
  • Thinks 1s and 2s (depth chart) should be pretty set after this coming Saturday's scrimmage
  • Herb Hand feels like he has 8-9 guys really competing for spots on the OL
  • WR Igbinoghene and Devan Barrett ... look sharp for Freshmen
  • First time LB group will have most if not all returning starters back ... lot of depth there
  • Stan's excited about the defense
  • Facilities-wise, compared to when Stan played, is night and day.  Where'd the old bubble go?! ;)

17 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Cliffs:

• Defense clearly won the scrimmage last Saturday
  • Offense/Chip really wants to get the TE/H-Back involved more
  • Thinks 1s and 2s (depth chart) should be pretty set after this coming Saturday's scrimmage
  • Herb Hand feels like he has 8-9 guys really competing for spots on the OL
  • WR Igbinoghene and Devan Barrett ... look sharp for Freshmen
  • First time LB group will have most if not all returning starters back ... lot of depth there
  • Stan's excited about the defense
  • Facilities-wise, compared to when Stan played, is night and day.  Where'd the old bubble go?! ;)

I hated that thing

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I hated that thing

I got a little drunk and played touch football one night in there.  Knew the security guard.  Man I miss college.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I got a little drunk and played touch football one night in there.  Knew the security guard.  Man I miss college.

Don't we all.

You don't want to know what me and the #1 Auburn running back with our dates did at the old coliseum. Think car... walk up ramps on the side so on and so on

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

How 'bout climbing on top of it with a couple of drunk fraternity brothers?

My memories of Auburn have only a modicum to do with football. Yes, I was on campus for Sullivan-Beasley, and yea, I was at the games, and yes, it was fun and they were awesome. But ya know, football is like down the list of awesomeness in college.

BUT, I'm really interested to see what CCL can do with all the offensive talent at his disposal.

My favorite memory of Auburn was the War Eagle Supper Club! It was a big part of my education in life!

12 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Got a little drunk and climbed on top.  More than once.  Lucky to still be here.

wde

When I enrolled at Auburn I was a veteran, married and had a kid so I missed a bunch of crazy stuff there. I did most of that in the Air Force. But somewhere in an old box I still have my entrance card to the War Eagle Supper Club. You used to have to insert it into a slot by the door to gain entry, much like a chipped credit card today. It came in handy when my wife took the kid and went on her frequent weekend visits to her mom in B'ham. :)

59 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Been a lot of chatter about Barrett the last couple of days. Wonder if he is going to get some playing time this year or red shirt? Same with Prince. Lots of buzz. 

Expound 

11 hours ago, toddc said:

My favorite memory of Auburn was the War Eagle Supper Club! It was a big part of my education in life!

I was a bouncer there in the mid-80's.  Drove the slush bus too, hence my sign-in name.  Man, the Krystal people hated to see me coming at 3am.... :outtahere:

1 minute ago, SCBusPilot said:

I was a bouncer there in the mid-80's.  Drove the slush bus too, hence my sign-in name.  Man, the Krystal people hated to see me coming at 3am.... :outtahere:

I lived in a trailer park behind club so I walked/staggered home! 1981-83

17 minutes ago, SCBusPilot said:

Interesting name, thanks for the reveal, I always thought you were an Airbus pilot from South Carolina.

Don't know when the 'bubble' came, but all we had was the astroturf field....it was great to practice on in the rain...

8 hours ago, alexava said:
9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Been a lot of chatter about Barrett the last couple of days. Wonder if he is going to get some playing time this year or red shirt? Same with Prince. Lots of buzz. 

Expound

Not nearly as connected as WDE, but the buzz I'm hearing is that Barrett is doing a good job of playing himself into the 3rd running back slot in practice.

20 hours ago, SCBusPilot said:

Lawdy, the stuff I witnessed at Krystal after hours ?, not for the genteel or faint-of-heart.

Archived