Corey Grant - Jaguars

RunInRed

Honestly he is going to be our best rb in the nfl out of the trio of the same backfield that was: Tre, CAP and him.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Honestly he is going to be our best rb in the nfl out of the trio of the same backfield that was: Tre, CAP and him.

I agree,and i also believe Tre&Cap had the easiest path when drafted.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Speed kills

I know I prefer my crow served cold, but Ill take an extra helping when it comes to Corey Grant. I poo-pooed (along with a great many of you shmucks on here) the idea of this kid ever being a player for us, but I'm actually excited about our return game for a change. Corey Grant might be the real deal, and is firmly entrenched on the roster as far as I'm concerned. I'd keep him over Ivory (too much money) or Yeldon (too much dancing) at this point tbh.

- from one of their own fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting that.....was watching the game and stepped away just in time to miss that.....neat play ...and good for Corey...

I just remember him not being able to turn it up field on some of our jet sweep plays....like his hips were too stiff or something. He looks like a much better runner these days to my untrained eyes.

Am i remembering his play at auburn accurately? I mean i know he had some big plays on special teams and he was the breakout back in the washington st. game. So i know he was pretty good for us.

11 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I just remember him not being able to turn it up field on some of our jet sweep plays....like his hips were too stiff or something. He looks like a much better runner these days to my untrained eyes.

Am i remembering his play at auburn accurately? I mean i know he had some big plays on special teams and he was the breakout back in the washington st. game. So i know he was pretty good for us.

He was pretty amazing as that sweep guy for us.

You might be thinking more of when we lined him up at RB. I thought he was going to be a stud every-down back after Tre left- he was as fast as OMac and as strong as any RB1 we've had since Gus became head coach- but he definitely wasn't quite as skilled there. Hips, vision... not sure exactly, but he just wasn't built to be that 1-cut guy behind our zone blocking scheme. Others could definitely say this more intelligently and accurately than I can. 

5 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Looks like he's added a good bit of muscle too. and still fast.

Not disputing the observation, but he was a weight room junkie when he was here. 22 bench reps at the combine. Barber did 20. Todd Gurley did 17. Only 2 guys did more at the most recent combine, with 24 being the highest. 

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not disputing the observation, but he was a weight room junkie when he was here. 22 bench reps at the combine. Barber did 20. Todd Gurley did 17. Only 2 guys did more at the most recent combine, with 24 being the highest. 

I didn't mean he was weak before :lol: just that he looked bigger now.

Checked out his stats, looks like he was listed at the same weight his last year at Auburn and for 2016 NFL season, so maybe it's just the video.

Archived