Congrats Coach Lolley

RunInRed

Promoted to DC for Hamilton Tiger-Cats (a professional Canadian football team based in Hamilton, Ontario) ....

TIGER-CATS PROMOTE LOLLEY TO DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR

Lolley_Aug7-1200x752.jpg

Kent Austin, Vice President of Football Operations and Head Coach of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, announced Tuesday that Phillip Lolley has been named the team’s Defensive Coordinator, replacing Jeff Reinebold who has been offered an alternate position to stay with the organization.

“Phillip is a great football mind that has been around the game at all levels for a very long time,” said Austin. “He has been an excellent addition to our coaching staff this season and we fully expect him to flourish in his expanded role with our team moving forward.”

Lolley, 63, joined the Tiger-Cats as Defensive Run Game Coordinator and Linebackers Coach on February 9, 2017. The Butler, Alabama native has over three decades of coaching experience, most recently serving three seasons under Chris Jones in the Canadian Football League as Linebackers Coach for the Saskatchewan Roughriders (2016) and Edmonton Eskimos (2014-15).

Prior to joining the CFL coaching ranks, Lolley spent 15 years at Auburn University (1999-2013) in various roles, including Director of Football External Relations (2012-13), Cornerbacks Coach (2009-11), Director of NFL Relations (2004-08), Linebackers and Defensive Backs Coach (2000-03), and Strength and Conditioning Coach (1999). Lolley, a 22-year veteran high school coach in the state of Alabama, served as a head coach at three schools, including North Jackson (winning the 1993 4A state championship) from 1988 to 1998, South Choctaw Academy in 1977, and Warrior Academy in Eutaw from 1978 to 1982. He also served as Defensive Coordinator at Demopolis High School from 1982 to 1984 and as Head Coach at Stevenson High School from 1984 to 1987.

http://ticats.ca/tiger-cats-promote-lolley-to-defensive-coordinator/

i could not agree with RunInRed anymore. Coach Lolley absolutely knows talent and how to coach defense and agressive defense. No one except those close to the program will ever know just how instrumental he was in the 2010 national championship team. I am very pleased with Coach Brown handling DBs now but we would not have gone wrong at all in hiring Coach Lolley to fill that slot if he would have agreed to come back. He can also recruit lights out. I am very happy for him. I know he won at least one Grey Cup Title since he has been in the CFL.

Archived